R2B2--Say What???? (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - HAWLEY NAMED R2B2 GM
This story tells us that Frank Hawley has been tapped by Roger Burgess as the new GM of R2B2 Racing. This on the heels of Burgess' announcement that R2B2 will be suspending racing operations "temporarily"...Now, I'm admittedly not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I find this really confusing--suspend your racing operation, and then hire a GM for the racing operation....I'm sure it all makes sense somehow, but I'm confused.:confused:

Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - HAWLEY NAMED R2B2 GM
This story tells us that Frank Hawley has been tapped by Roger Burgess as the new GM of R2B2 Racing. This on the heels of Burgess' announcement that R2B2 will be suspending racing operations "temporarily"...Now, I'm admittedly not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I find this really confusing--suspend your racing operation, and then hire a GM for the racing operation....I'm sure it all makes sense somehow, but I'm confused.:confused:

He only suspended "racing" operations, not all operations.

Well.. he still has 2 turn key funny car operations, and I assume they have everything serviced and ready to go sinced they were together for awhile after Pomona. I don't think it would take much to get on track once they find the $$$ to do it.

inventory sitting on shelves does not make money.

a) try to use it for a profit
or
b) sell it at a loss or maybe break even

If you guys read that official statement it clearly states they are taking the time off to upgrade the operation , uprgrade their team workshop with stuff and approaching sponsers and really working on their operation . It very clearly states that .

kind of like a mfgr'n plant closing down and hiring a new plant manager to revamp it for starting up production again at a later date to be more productive and profitable....

Kelly Springfield plant here did it a few years ago.... worked for them... why not here....?

Billy

kind of like a mfgr'n plant closing down and hiring a new plant manager to revamp it for starting up production again at a later date to be more productive and profitable....

Kelly Springfield plant here did it a few years ago.... worked for them... why not here....?

Billy

Racing operations aren't profitable any owner would tell you that. All the money they receive from sponsors is to pay for the operation.
If you win the championship then you might come out ahead most just want to break even and avoid out of pocket expenses.
John force is the only one I can think of that actually made a living at Drag Racing all the others owned successful businesses and got into the sport after being gone many years.

Racing operations aren't profitable any owner would tell you that. All the money they receive from sponsors is to pay for the operation.
If you win the championship then you might come out ahead most just want to break even and avoid out of pocket expenses.
John force is the only one I can think of that actually made a living at Drag Racing all the others owned successful businesses and got into the sport after being gone many years.

You can add Kenny Bernstein and Warren Johnson to the list of people who have made a living racing.

You can add Kenny Bernstein and Warren Johnson to the list of people who have made a living racing.

Kenny was a successful businessman before he got into Drag Racing.
In fact he was so successful he owned a couple of other race teams in different venues IRL and Nascar.
Warren made most of his money in his motor technology enterprise drag racing was just a good way to promote it.
That's why he won't be at Pomona he won't race out of pocket and I don't blame him.
Why he is listed to be in Pomona is why I asked if he got a sponsor recently I don't think so. If he does show up I will be surprised glad but surprised...

You're right, Bob. The only guy I can think of who got rich drag racing is Force. Some have made an OK living (e.g. WJ), but even those are few. As for someone whose only business is drag racing, and who has gone from zero to wealthy, the only member of that club is John. And I, for one, don't begrudge him in the least for it.

You're right, Bob. The only guy I can think of who got rich drag racing is Force. Some have made an OK living (e.g. WJ), but even those are few. As for someone whose only business is drag racing, and who has gone from zero to wealthy, the only member of that club is John. And I, for one, don't begrudge him in the least for it.

Snake seems to have done very well as a result of racing. There are a few others as well...not many but a few.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back