Bir photos part 1- Cars (2 Viewers)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Hey Guys.. another year at BIR is gone-so sad!

We had a couple issues with our group- Nate had to make a trip back home for an emergency, and I had a nice top end crash in the shut down area of the Rickshaw dragstrip. (had to be there, it was great--I blame the Coors Light) My knee was pretty sore the next day so I didn't get around as much back in the zoo.

Overall though, we had an AWESOME time, it was great to hang out with fellow maters Mike Larson, Brian Okeefe, and Chris Anderson all week.

Here are some action shots, with a ZOO teaser at the end. Those will be in a 2nd group I'll post later when I get time.

DelCruz.jpg

ToliverAshley.jpg

ShoeAbrown.jpg

tascaworsham.jpg

Last edited:
thanks paul, always great hangin' with you too.
great shot of steve torrance and cory mac......that vis viva TF'er was
flyin' yesterday, especially for sitting out sat. qual.
sad to see them smokem' so early in semis; he was within two hundrenths
of schu in 2nd round.

nice zoo shot.
and for the record, the fireworks display on saturday nites are always
spectacular and couldn't have imagined how they could 1-up themselves,
but they did - unbelievable.

Fireworks were the best I have ever seen. Usually I can give or take a regular fireworks show, but this was impressive.

Nice pics Paul. I finally met Mike Larson and would have liked to have met you but alas, it was not to be. Are you going to any other events this year?

Not quite sure yet..... If I can convince my wife that Vegas and Pomona would be good choices for our 1st wedding anniversary I may be in luck! :D

Not quite sure yet..... If I can convince my wife that Vegas and Pomona would be good choices for our 1st wedding anniversary I may be in luck! :D

I strongly encourage Vegas. My favorite track on the tour and there's just so much to do. I'll definitely be there. The wife booked our airfare about two months ago. Hope to see you there.

I didn't watch the race on TV yesterday, was recording the Olympics and the Caveman Tivo can't do both!:p But I did look at the results on DRC and that was some of the best side by side racing I've seen all year!

And I've decided I couldn't handle Brainerd! I'd get so caught up in the goings on in the Zoo I'd get amnesia and forget where the Dragstrip was!;)

Nice shots Paul!

I had a great time hanging out with you and Nate again this year. I hope your knee is feeling better today. I ended up riding the rickshaw (left lane) on Saturday night. I ran into a friend who I haven't seen for a few years and he decided it would be a great idea to pull me (6'4 - 300 pounds) against someone who was pulling a light weight person. Well, we won the round against an opponent who probably weighed 200 pounds less than us. Needless to say, he was pretty proud of that! :D I'm just glad my weight didn't snap the rickshaw in half! :D

I anxious to see your second batch of pictures!

Brian. :)

Oh, I hear ya.. I had to race Gus pulling Julie, and I was pulling Jess. Gus is small, light and quick! Right about the 1000 mark I looked over and much to my surprise we were dead even! I leaned forward right at the stripe to get the win and went down in a cloud of dust. Lucky for me, I didn't get run over by the Rickshaw like the guy in front of me did, he was much worse off then I was. :eek:

Good seein ya Paul had a great time Sat. night ending was shakey hope Gus is alright.Tried to find ya early Sat. morn. but after having a few to many adult beverages I couldn't find your camp site.Two nights of sober (because racing) Sat. nite was a hoot.Thanks for askin how I was doin all weekend to bad I decide to run out of talant right in 3rd rd. right there in the burn out box ha ha hopefully I can go through all the data and get it back for earlville.

Oh, I hear ya.. I had to race Gus pulling Julie, and I was pulling Jess. Gus is small, light and quick! Right about the 1000 mark I looked over and much to my surprise we were dead even! I leaned forward right at the stripe to get the win and went down in a cloud of dust. Lucky for me, I didn't get run over by the Rickshaw like the guy in front of me did, he was much worse off then I was. :eek:

Wow I have no idea what was going on since I havent been to BIR since I have been of partying age but it sure sounds like fun! You need to post those pictures so us non-attenders can see what you are talking about :D

Wow I have no idea what was going on since I havent been to BIR since I have been of partying age but it sure sounds like fun! You need to post those pictures so us non-attenders can see what you are talking about :D

Morgan Lucas, J.R. Todd and Gary Densham were at the Rickshaw races on Friday night. Division 5 Photographer, Barry Bergeron was there too so hopefully there will be a few good pictures. Unfortunately, every time I was there, I did not have my camera with me. :eek:

Barry's web site. Eagle Eye Photography

Oh yeah-- I snapped this with my camera phone before the finals--

They walked back and fourth in front of the stands with it.

media1.jpg

He said something about after the fireworks? I did it on Friday night. Gus and I were WAY faster then them guys. Well.. at least I think we were! :eek:

Paul did you change seats? That does'nt look like the spot you use to sit because I sat behind you a couple rows for a few years but I didn't make it this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back