Big weekend coming..... (1 Viewer)

My TF champ pick was going to be based on weather, if it's cool and cloudy, my $ is on Brittany. Sunny and hot, my $ is on Steve. Watch Brittany win in the heat just to prove us wrong. :)
i would like to c brittany win , john has done so much for the sport . and shes a good ambassador to the sport .. maybe a new sponsor would like to come aboard with another team.. and for torrence , im ok there too , and doug also .. the 1st rd will b HUGE for all 3 teams ..

Should be a fun weekend and the high 80 temps on Sunday will add another element. I would love to see Doug Kalitta come from behind and win but if that's not gonna happen then it would awesome to see Brittany and Steve heads up (preferably in the finals) for all the marbles. Also rooting for Force and I know he will need some help to win but I have always said I will never count Force out until he is mathematically done

steve will be mucho pissed if brittany "steals "(blame countdown) the championship from him.
in fc im rooting for jack.
looking forward to the fight in pro stock. too many great cars and drivers to predict.
wish i was going to be in pomona on sunday. to everyone who will be there , ENJOY.....

I'm rooting for Doug Kalitta. If any one driver deserves a championship, he does. Funny car goes to Beckman. I don't hate the Force team, I would like to see someone other than a Force car win. Tasca would be my second choice, but he don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell at this point. But look out for Tasca next year, he's going in the right direction to be a champion. Erica in pro stock is my choice.
Speaking of next year, wouldn't it be something if the NHRA had all female champions! Brittany (or Leah) in Top Fuel and Erica in Pro Stock. With Alexa coming back in Funny Car with the team she's put together. Angelle or Stoffer in PSM. Hey! It could happen!

Last edited:
I'd like to see Doug win T/F, just cuz he's never won the title before. If not Doug, then Stevie. F/C... I like Beckman but it would be wild if John Force would win (long shot). Pro/S Erica. PSM... whoever wins it is OK w/ me. Biggest bummer to me this year was Shawn Cowie not winning T/AD championship. Next year....
Totally agree, it would be cool to see Matt Hartford win Pro Stock though.........and a Suzuki beat the Harleys!

The last name is Tasca. I know, I see the Tasca dealership logos on cars all over Rhode Island, lol

Looking at Q results. You either run a big number or shake, smoke the tires, shut off, etc. Only Pro/S doesn't seem to be affected (PSM too).

I'm rooting for Doug Kalitta. If any one driver deserves a championship, he does. Funny car goes to Beckman. I don't hate the Force team, I would like to see someone other than a Force car win. Tasca would be my second choice, but he don't stand a snowballs chance in Hell at this point. But look out for Tasca next year, he's going in the right direction to be a champion. Erica in pro stock is my choice.
Speaking of next year, wouldn't it be something if the NHRA had all female champions! Brittany (or Leah) in Top Fuel and Erica in Pro Stock. With Alexa coming back in Funny Car with the team she's put together. Angelle or Stoffer in PSM. Hey! It could happen!
as its been said many times before. no one deserves the championship. you gotta earn it. that said, i am rooting for doug

Was kind of a bland day yesterday, with the weather as good as it was I thought some big runs were gonna be laid down but it almost seemed like they messed with the glue % because quite a few really good teams missed both runs. The highlight of the day for me was getting to chat with Arlene Johnson for a half hour yesterday, have not seen her since WJ was building engines for Matt Hartford

I changed it. Stupid keyboard!

With the talk of fat fingers I had to see...let's get the map out......

keyboard-shortcut.png

where it is on the keyboard, it would take some pretty fat fingers to hit "o" instead of "a" ~:)~

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back