Pomona Predictions (1 Viewer)

Meeks

Nitro Member
I didnt see another thread similar so I was wondering what all of your predictions were for Pomona and the Championship? Funny car seems like its pretty much done with but what about the other classes. The NHRA "Notebook" gives the different scenarios that must happen for each driver to win the championship. What are your thoughts? Anybody think Tony can repeat from last year?

Anderson in PS (event & championship). Hight in FC (event), T-Ped the title (I know I really went out on a limb there), Schumacher TF (event), and should be Fuller for title (although he's obviously sweating a bit now).

Come on now- T-Ped and Wildthing in the first round at Pomona?? Definiately NOT a walk in the park, especially with lanes at theis point going to the guys that will have a fueler going down the track 15-30 minutes before, depending on the splatter effect of some of the "non-contenders" :rolleyes:... AJ will have enough time to be back in the lanes, sans pit bike, with readouts in hand... That race will be worth the price of admission...

I want to see the ladders tomorrow before I'll even start guessing in Flopper...
It would be a gas if Grant makes the show and goes to the finals against Teach

I want to see Max take it in Carb/gas Funnys... but I think GA is gonna win

I'm going with Matt in Bikes...

Baca in T/F, but I'd love to see Melanie win her Final Birdcage race...

all from the heart... ain't that what this is really about?

d'kid

all from the heart... ain't that what this is really about?

d'kid

That's what it's all about Karl. We all have our favorites that we would like to see win but I realy like all of them except the 'baby'.

If my favorite wins then I had a great time at the races. If his opponent wins, I still had a great time at the races.

My Favorites

Hot Rod Fuller
Robert Higth
Greg Anderson
Peggy Llewellyn

What I would like to see:

Hot Rod Fuller
Robert Hight
Jeg Coughlin
Peggy Llewellyn

but I have a feeling it will be T-Ped, Shoe, GA and Hines....oh well, one can wish, cant they?? :rolleyes:

I am hoping that it warms up to the 90's today and no one will be able to bump into the show. Then I would like to see Schumacher vs. Bernstein final round for all the marbles with Bernstein taking the win. Funny Car is OVER, T. Ped is the champ. I think unless Anderson makes a mistake, the title is his. In PSB, I think Hines will make it to the final so I predict him to win the title. We will see how this one works out, I probably just jinxed all of my winners:D.

Ok, now that some have called their shots..let me Point to left Feild....

Top Fuel:

Hot Rod Fuller will qualify today, in Q-3...He'll be in solidly in the top half of the field and all will be ok! Here is where it may get intersting....

Pomona 1st round is ALWAYS full of GREAT ET's...and ALWAYS 1 GIGANTIC UPSET! So, i'm calling my shot here:

Tony Schumacher will loose in Round 1, Hot Rod will advance to round 2 and clinch the championship. But, the event will be a Final Between Morgan Lucas and Melanie Troxel with Mel taking the win! (or what should have happened at Brainerd!!!!)

Funny Car:

TONY PED WILL NOT QUALIFY TODAY!!!! THERE ARE 6 QUALITY CARS WHO ARE CURRENTLY NOT IN, or BEHIND T-Ped in the feild, THAT CAN RUN QUICKER THAN 4.84 that T-Ped ran to have him "CURRENTLY" in the show. So, once T.L. is out of the show, it'll be up to WILDTHANG TO PULL A DSR COMEBACK! He'll reach the Finals to race his team mate FAST JACK BECKMAN! It doesn't look like either the weather or Track will hold NATIONAL RECORD ET'S THIS WEEKEND, (I think they tried that yesterday, and that's why you saw so much Tire smoke at 330') So, he'll have to win the event to lock it up....Problem is, Jack will win!!! No team orders here...Jack wins the race, But, Todd O. will SHOOT FOR THE MOON, and Run a 4.63 in the final with both cars, and that will back up the .67 that Scelzi will run Sunday Morning! It'll give Scelzi the championship, but the wally will go TO FAST JACK BECKMAN...AND HIS MPH WILL BE 334.44, and that will back up his 332.65 that he'll run in ROUND 1!

BTW...IF I NAIL THIS ONE...I'LL BE HEADED TO VEGAS!!!!

Pro Stock:

JUSTIN HUMPHRIES WILL WIN THIS RACE!!! That car ran awesome in Vegas and they have lots of Talent on that team...DICK MASKIN...BOB GLIDDEN..and JUSTIN IS A GREAT DRIVER! Greg Anderson will win the championship by advancing to the Finals, and He'll be singing the praises of the countdown in his post race interview...

PRO BIKE:
Uh...Don't really care...But I'd like to see Chip Ellis Win the Race, have Drew go out in round 2 and Chip win the Championship!

TAD:
Bill Reichart: Dude's Car is just too Damm Good!!!

TAFC:
Sean Bellemear(Spelled it wrong) But the Meer Cap car is gonna kick a$$ at this event!

Comp:

Vinnie Deceglie: While Jay Payne Cic's His A$$ in round 1, and Bo Butner also get's some penalties in that CC/A, Vinnie D. NAILS THE TREE EVERY ROUND and WINS His LAST COMP FINAL ROUND..(Not saying that they won't be running comp next year and moving up to another class.) (I'd say quicker but not really!)

Super Stock:

Gary Stinnett: Dude is just freakin awesome, and a D-5 Racer! Love to see him and Rick Houser in the Finals! LOVE THE SS/AH CARS!!!

Stock:
JODY or TOBY LANG! THERE JUST INCREDIBLE AT POMONA!

SUPER COMP:

I'm Going with The Son of a guy whom I raced against in D-7 many years ago...Danny Aguayo! His Dad GUY was one of the best Super Comp Racers in D-7 for many years, and Most likely still is! vs. Shawn Langdon, In a car that If I had 50K i'd buy from him!!! OH AND CONGRATS TO SHAWN FOR WINNING THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Super Gas:

ED OLPIN:
The Utah Runner will go out and win the event, but I think he'll come up short in winning the championship:mad:

Last edited:
Tim, if your right I'll send some money for you to play with when yo go to Vegas!
Lee
Nitroclovers

Wildthing and Hight in Round one... What would have been the situation if T-Ped had not made it in? Anyone?

Wildthing and Hight in Round one... What would have been the situation if T-Ped had not made it in? Anyone?

Hight and Scelzi woulda had to win the race

Capps....win and a record....now Capps is out....Hight and Scelzi gotta win and set a record and Tony has to lose 1st round

Hey Arend!!! I'm a big JFR guy.....hows about you do me a favor about 11:30 tomorrow morning :):):):)

Top Fuel:

Hot Rod Fuller will qualify today, in Q-3...He'll be in solidly in the top half of the field and all will be ok! Here is where it may get intersting....

Funny Car:

TONY PED WILL NOT QUALIFY TODAY!!!! THERE ARE 6 QUALITY CARS WHO ARE CURRENTLY NOT IN, or BEHIND T-Ped in the feild, THAT CAN RUN QUICKER THAN 4.84 that T-Ped ran to have him "CURRENTLY" in the show. BTW...IF I NAIL THIS ONE...I'LL BE HEADED TO VEGAS!!!!

:

OK...I'm on my way to Laughlin:rolleyes:...I came REALLY CLOSE on the T-Ped thing...Since he qualified on the BUMP!!!!! But Hot Rod did get in in Q-3..and I'm cheering for him tomorrow!

Wild or TopGun would have had to "run the table", and no way there's a .64 or better twice at Pomona this weekend... Bro Tony is 4-1/2 rounds up...

it's all over but the champagne....

Hight and Scelzi woulda had to win the race

Capps....win and a record....now Capps is out....Hight and Scelzi gotta win and set a record and Tony has to lose 1st round

Hey Arend!!! I'm a big JFR guy.....hows about you do me a favor about 11:30 tomorrow morning :):):):)

Mike....

Princess Force-Minick's going all the way tomorrow... she's beating Teach in the finals....

d'kid

can't argue with that :D

I can...

1) Princess will be Tardy AGAIN and loose a round early on RT.....
2) Teach will go up in smoke in Round 1...
3) Fast Jack had....ONCE AGAIN..The most consistant car in Qualifying... He's your Pomona Winner!

Btw...I'm a HUGE Ashley and "Teach" Fan...But until she improves and learnes to cut a "DECENT" reaction time, Wally won't be hangin around her house...:mad:

Pro Stock:

JUSTIN HUMPHRIES WILL WIN THIS RACE!!! That car ran awesome in Vegas and they have lots of Talent on that team...DICK MASKIN...BOB GLIDDEN..and JUSTIN IS A GREAT DRIVER!

PRO BIKE:
Uh...Don't really care...But I'd like to see Chip Ellis Win the Race, have Drew go out in round 2 and Chip win the Championship!

TAD:
Bill Reichart: Dude's Car is just too Damm Good!!!

Stock:
JODY or TOBY LANG! THERE JUST INCREDIBLE AT POMONA!

SUPER COMP:

I'm Going with The Son of a guy whom I raced against in D-7 many years ago...Danny Aguayo! His Dad GUY was one of the best Super Comp Racers in D-7 for many years, and Most likely still is! vs. Shawn Langdon, In a car that If I had 50K i'd buy from him!!! OH AND CONGRATS TO SHAWN FOR WINNING THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

:

OK Well...Justin Humphries didn't exactly win..but Very close!!! Great Job to my Poker playin buddy!

Chip didn't win, but had a chance in the finals..and drew did go out 2nd round!

Bill Reichart...U da MAN!

STOCK..THE LANG BROS IN THE FINAL ROUND?? ARE YOU KIDDIN ME???:D

SUPER COMP: well, Danny lost to Gary Stinnett(chump:D) in the quarter finals, but The Guy who I said would be in the finals...SHAWN LANGDON..won! Congrats Shawn!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back