Bandimere Rumors (2 Viewers)

The last time I was at Bandimere was in '04 on Saturday, and it was completely overcast. The Track was as Tight as I've ever seen for daytime and very few cars smoked the Tires! Track Cooling must be a priority for Summer racing to continue to be a sell, 120-130 degree track's don't lend to selling tickets!:rolleyes:

Honestly Joe..The track could be 190 degrees and that place, and race would still sell out!!! IT's such a draw, and people come from all over the mid-western states to spend a weekend in July on the Mountain. I've been working that race for the past 10 years and the crowds just seem to get more, and more packed. The local media sells the race earlier and earlier every year. THis past year, radio stations were "SELLING" the race a good 3 weeks prior to the race weekend. Usually the NHRA people will market the week of, this year, it was a good 3 weeks prior. More people knowing about the event draws more people to the races! The Locals make it a SOCIAL EVENT, just like the Avalanche and Rockies games! It's about the sun, beer, and NITRO METHANE!!! Tire smoke or not, people would still come! The Track improvements will not only enhance the experience, but the racing will be more compeditive, not only for the fuel cars but all racers who strap in on at Bandimere! Really that is who John and his crew really care about!

I've been working that race for the past 10 years and the crowds just seem to get more, and more packed.

Do you work tech inspection, or what? I actually thought about applying for a part time job there just to be around the races, but I figured I might end up directing traffic in the parking lot instead!

Do you work tech inspection, or what? I actually thought about applying for a part time job there just to be around the races, but I figured I might end up directing traffic in the parking lot instead!

I work NHRA Safety Safari on the Starting line Crew..(burnout box and starting line official) at the Mile High Nationals, and a few other events each year. Bandimere has a career fair usually in March, Go and apply...you can always say...NO THANKS if your selected to do something you don't want.

Bandimere's little piece of the pie is interesting, considering that not including the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, Monster Jam & Arena Cross, the MHN's are the only major motorsports event to be found anywhere in the area between Topeka & Vegas, and from Phoenix up to the Canadian border. Based on that, I thought by now, ChampCar would have been able to resurrect the Denver Grand Prix. And I fully expect a NASCAR venue in Denver some day.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back