Bandimere Rumors (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Anyone else hear the rumors about Bandimere going to all 1320 feet concrete and installing a cooling/heating system with water tubes in the concrete to regulate track temp? Just wondering...Timmah? You out there?

So does this mean when it's Sunny and 102 in the shade in July, the track temp will be 71 - and we can race all winter long when it's snowing and 18 degrees and the surfrace will be 74??? COOL !!!! Now all they need is a bigazz circus tent over the entire place to protect from the rain, and bingo - the worlds first 24/7 drag race track

It is in fact true Bandimere is going all concrete this winter. Larry Crispe and his crew have been working countless hours tearing up the old asphalt, installing frech drains, laying rebar, etc etc etc. The concrete will extend around 100-200 ft past the finishline I've been told and new asphalt has been laid following that. The water cooling/heating system under the track I've been told will extend around 80-100 ft and start well behind the starting line. I believe Max Naylor has already done this at his track. Anyway, the surface will be perfected and I'd be willing to bet this will be the best surface on the tour.

Don't know if there is anything to the rumor, Chris, but if it is true, it sure would be an interesting attempt to control track temps to some degree

One thing's for sure. Every bit of data logged at this track for the past few years is now useless, I would think.

Gonna be a whole new ball game next year. Everyone will be starting from square one.

T-Bone...

What Danny Said is true. I drove up there last week, and they are bustin some A$$! It's gonna be smoother than one of Joe's "EYE CANDY SHOTS!":eek:

That track ain't goin anywhere anytime soon! John wouldn't spend the money on full track Concrete if they were! I can't wait until Spring!

Thanks for the verification, Timmah! Sounds like my favorite place to race in Div 5 is only getting better!

I thought the plan was all concrete with only the first 60' with the Heater/Cooling tubes? Even for the first 330' that would be a HUGE Investment!:eek:

Wow I thought you were kidding. Leave it to Bandimere to take big risks - for the fans. Has this ever been done before? I have a little background in ice arena refrigeration systems; sounds similar. And I guarantee it is pricey. Maybe I can swing over there and get some pics for y'all

Wow I thought you were kidding. Leave it to Bandimere to take big risks - for the fans. Has this ever been done before? I have a little background in ice arena refrigeration systems; sounds similar. And I guarantee it is pricey. Maybe I can swing over there and get some pics for y'all

As I said in my previous post I am almost certain Max Naylor uses a similar system at his track. I believe he reported it cools the track an average of around 15 degrees.

Holy smokes! Even concrete must absorb unreal amounts of solar energy. I think you could cover it cheaper than refrigerate it!
I'm not knocking it, I'm just amazed.

Anyone else hear the rumors about Bandimere going to all 1320 feet concrete and installing a cooling/heating system with water tubes in the concrete to regulate track temp? Just wondering...Timmah? You out there?

i made test passes for the discovery show in sept and the track crew had mentioned they were goin to full concrete no mentin of haeting the surface

Last edited:
If the Track cooling works like it's hoped to, it will change the sport like nothing has ever before! BUT.........I'm still curious how cooling the first 60' will effect the entire 120 degree track in the dead of summer!

If the Track cooling works like it's hoped to, it will change the sport like nothing has ever before! BUT.........I'm still curious how cooling the first 60' will effect the entire 120 degree track in the dead of summer!

Considering a cooled track is just a rumor, I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but I wonder what the cooled to uncooled transition would be like?

The biggest "GRIPE" from the pro's at Bandimere has been:
1) Track's transition in the right lane..which prior to this years race larry fixed it quite a bit(Problem being perminatly corrected by full concrete track)
2) Having to have such a soft set up off the line due to track temps in the 125-130 degree range in previous years!

i'm willing to bet that come the 2nd week of July, that Bandimere's Startine line temp will be 110 TOPS!!! Isn't Concrete more Pourous than Asphalt, and thus wouldn't the "Cooling" transfer further down track?? Either way, the cooler starting line temps in the "DEAD OF SUMMER" will help control tire spin. I can't wait to see it actually working! I'll bring my track temp gun and take temp readings down the track and post it that weekend.

The last time I was at Bandimere was in '04 on Saturday, and it was completely overcast. The Track was as Tight as I've ever seen for daytime and very few cars smoked the Tires! Track Cooling must be a priority for Summer racing to continue to be a sell, 120-130 degree track's don't lend to selling tickets!:rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back