attention NHRA announcers (1 Viewer)

The F/ED can't afford to lift when the A/D is charging him that hard. Now if the A/D has problems on the run I can see where radios can come in to play to save a CIC. I could see a better advantage of having a team member with a radio at 1000' to let the driver know what to do.

I've heard of guys in comp that started to pedal their cars just past the eighth mile and I've even heard of crew members in comp being at the 1000 foot mark with radios. In fact I've even heard that some teams love Bristol because you get such a good view of the track from way up high at the thousand foot mark.

When announcing comp or any other sportsmen class, PLEASE DO NOT indicate who had the better light until the race is over. Who had the better light is very valuable information that can be passed onto the driver via radios that many sportsmen teams have. I know we do and you can bet that my driver or my teammate would make good use of that info.
Right. It might screw up all the electronics that drive the car.

Hey Dave "Mr.Fast Math",

I think they know what they're doin'!!!!
Maybe some drivers have a calculator in their cars too!!!

Hey Dave "Mr.Fast Math",

Maybe some drivers have a calculator in their cars too!!!

But they need the info from the person listening to the announcer to what the lights are! (unless of course they have a radio in the car that picks up the announcer-we'll have to think about how to put one of those in the car-shouldn't be too hard, particularly when the engine builder and driver have jobs where they install radios in the vehicles they build)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back