Ashley's incident... (1 Viewer)

* I witnessed one hemorrhoidal Mater jump on the thread like a vulture on a dead carcass and remind us of her mistake after insisting, many times in the past, that she is a danger to so many others on the circuit (supposedly repeated by many of her pro competitors who also openly stated to this hemorrhoid that they wouldn't race against her?)

Does anyone have some Preparation H?

I like the way you think, Bobby!!! :D

Some of you keep posting that Ashley is a 'ROOKIE'....wrong...she has had more laps in a fuel car than any rookie I heard of....And when we did the fans start 'allowing' rookie mistakes in a fuel car...I have never heard of more fans supporting a 'rookie' than before this deal...This class has no room for 'rookies'...you need to be in control @ all times...That wreck was a carnival ride that looked like my ten year old was steering while I controlled the throttle remotely...She whacked the throttle way too many times....I am sure she will not wreck 'another' car in the same fashion but I am sure her skills will come up w/ something unique again this season....
I have never heard of a first year driver having this much sketchy/negative attention....
Glad she was not hurt...For the fans that sat during that clean up.....THANKS
If you read through this thread, Terry..you'll see that the sketchy/negativity is coming from you.

We're all entitled to our opinions..but you have ragged on Ashley since the beginning.

I wasn't on DR boards when Brandon sent his car over the wall in a tire-shaker, but I am pretty sure he didn't get hammered like some people here are doing!

It was a little different when Brandon had his crash because he was injured. I am sure if he did not get hurt people would have been bashing him.

That's the first thing I thought of too Suzie!!!!:p
I asked Ray if he was thinking of them & he said he knew I would get it!!!:p
She won't get another one, and name it Richard like I've asked her, more than once... :rolleyes:

Sorry Martin, was it the thread, or the whole topic?? :confused:

Brandon Bernstein did a similar feat while learning the trade.

The margin of error is microscopic in regard to driving fuel cars.

thats exactly what i was thinking, this was similar to brandons rookie year mishap at e-town, we can only speculate but trying to pedal and control a 8,000 hp nitro car must be almost imposible. imo ashley is driving better every weekend and getting great on the job training. thank god shes ok. go get em at sonoma ashley!!!!!!!!!

In all honesty she is more qualified to drive that car then 80 percent of the people here....

Topic... Glad she's Ok, glad John didn't keel over holding his chest, and I agree that she did a pretty good job. But damn folks, 6 months, 6 years OR 6 decades doesn't prevent one of these things from getting out from underneath you.. Peddlin is like riding a bull, from what I've been told (by someone that did both :()... There are moments that everything smooths itself out, and other times when the hook isn't quite what was expected....

I'm glad she's getting this out of her system while Dad is there to smack her on the back of the head and say "What were you thinking?" :D

It was so good to see John Force at the end of the broadcast yesterday. That was vintage John Force.

The champ is back.

I watched the incident yesterday and wondered why the rear tires still appeared to be under power during the first part of the spin after the body came off. After the body flipped backward and lifted the rear tires off of the ground there was a brief moment where she was still under power. And I do agree that she is more than qualified to drive the car, but there have been several incidents where she has stayed in it a little long. I know the only way to get better is to get more seat time. Thank God she is O.K.

I watched the incident yesterday and wondered why the rear tires still appeared to be under power during the first part of the spin after the body came off. After the body flipped backward and lifted the rear tires off of the ground there was a brief moment where she was still under power. And I do agree that she is more than qualified to drive the car, but there have been several incidents where she has stayed in it a little long. I know the only way to get better is to get more seat time. Thank God she is O.K.

I figured either the throttle was hung open or the impact/spin pressed her foot down on the pedal momentarily. Either way, a fuel motor is not going to instantly shut off in that situation. When we watch it in slow motion we get jaded because it looks like it takes all day, which everyone knows is not the case.

She won't get another one, and name it Richard like I've asked her, more than once... :rolleyes:

I could supply the cat to be named Richard out of my outside cat inventory and then Suzie could probably arrange DHL pickup at my house and delivery at the Sewell residence! Teri, just let me know color and size and I'll get one ready to go so you can name it Richard for Ray!

I could supply the cat to be named Richard out of my outside cat inventory and then Suzie could probably arrange DHL pickup at my house and delivery at the Sewell residence! Teri, just let me know color and size and I'll get one ready to go so you can name it Richard for Ray!

Topic... Glad she's Ok, glad John didn't keel over holding his chest, and I agree that she did a pretty good job. But damn folks, 6 months, 6 years OR 6 decades doesn't prevent one of these things from getting out from underneath you.. Peddlin is like riding a bull, from what I've been told (by someone that did both :()... There are moments that everything smooths itself out, and other times when the hook isn't quite what was expected....

I'm glad she's getting this out of her system while Dad is there to smack her on the back of the head and say "What were you thinking?"
O.K., EVERYONE get's themselve's in trouble... Does'nt matter how you got there, you're in it... It's what you do during and after, that make my way of thinking work for me... :eek: Looked like Dean or Del were in that car, and Ashley popped out... :D

We've all seen the, just along for the ride incident's... For the most part, this was one... But shutting down all system's and activating other's, as the car is still spinning and slidding is thinking, processing, and acting in a controlled manner...
Now if she had reached up for the chute handle's, I may question my thinking, button on the wheel?? my bad, but she was aware the lever's were no longer there... That would be for anyone thinking it was all instinct...
Anyone think she had her eye's closed the entire time, screaming mommy ala Paris, and was just lucky to walk away??
Great Job Ashley... Controlled panic... That will save your a$$, if nothing else...

Usually does'nt feel like that big a deal, until......................... ....... ... :eek:

O.K., EVERYONE get's themselve's in trouble... Does'nt matter how you got there, you're in it... It's what you do during and after, that make my way of thinking work for me... :eek: Looked like Dean or Del were in that car, and Ashley popped out... :D

We've all seen the, just along for the ride incident's... For the most part, this was one... But shutting down all system's and activating other's, as the car is still spinning and slidding is thinking, processing, and acting in a controlled manner...
Now if she had reached up for the chute handle's, I may question my thinking, button on the wheel?? my bad, but she was aware the lever's were no longer there... That would be for anyone thinking it was all instinct...
Anyone think she had her eye's closed the entire time, screaming mommy ala Paris, and was just lucky to walk away??
Great Job Ashley... Controlled panic... That will save your a$$, if nothing else...

Usually does'nt feel like that big a deal, until......................... ....... ... :eek:

EXCELLENT post ray!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back