Ashley Vs Danica Poll! (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
I just saw this posted at NHRA.COM....With all the Danica and Ashley Force talk this is perfect.....Plus yall know how we love a good Ashley Force voting opportunity here!!! LOL

AOL Ashley/Danica Poll

Sorry, but I have to withhold my vote until they have both done swimsuit layouts in Sports Illustrated.

Jim

....and Danica is winning. 51 to 49

Until the faithful stuff the ballot box! :cool:
If all the fellow maters didn't stuff the box like the last poll Ashley wouldn't have won the hottest poll last year and that's a fact!

Ashley is pretty (like the girl next door) but not a hottie.
Drivers are not athletes and shouldn't have been included in that poll the way I see it!

Drivers are not athletes

I beg to differ!! Explain how drivers are not athletes???

Fron the freedictionary: .."A person possessing the natural or acquired traits, such as strength, agility, and endurance, that are necessary for physical exercise or sports, especially those performed in competitive contexts.".

Bob,

You obviously haven't seen the photo of Ashley in the May issue of Men's Fitness! SMOKIN'!!!!!!

Yes I did and I still stand by what I said.
She looks to much like her Dad and I have a hard time getting past that.
It's all personal preference and that is mine. :rolleyes:

I beg to differ!! Explain how drivers are not athletes???

Fron the freedictionary: .."A person possessing the natural or acquired traits, such as strength, agility, and endurance, that are necessary for physical exercise or sports, especially those performed in competitive contexts.".

Driving isn't a trait it's a skill, no strenght required, no agility required no endurance so whats your point!

Please don't tell me how hard they breath at the end of a run that comes from the "G' forces they go through on a run.
The car is doing most of the competative work now if the drivers lined up against each other and sprinted the quarter mile then I would consider them a athlete!
Here is a question for you how many athletes are 70 years old or lets take John Force as an example he is 59 that you see in an athletic sport?
An athlete reaches their peak at 28 so NO they are not athletes geez!
There is your explaination take it any way you want! :eek:

An athlete reaches their peak at 28

Oh yeah?

What about Roger Clemens.....uhhh bad example.

In terms of the driver/athlete deal, I think those guys that people seem to dump on pretty hard here that haul ass in circles for several hours on Sundays are athletes. Guys that run endurance road races (broken into stints) are athletes.

In the classical definition I say that drag racers are in some way athletes, as golfers are as well.

Brian

Last edited:
Driving isn't a trait it's a skill, no strenght required, no agility required no endurance so whats your point!

Please don't tell me how hard they breath at the end of a run that comes from the "G' forces they go through on a run.
The car is doing most of the competative work now if the drivers lined up against each other and sprinted the quarter mile then I would consider them a athlete!
Here is a question for you how many athletes are 70 years old or lets take John Force as an example he is 59 that you see in an athletic sport?
An athlete reaches their peak at 28 so NO they are not athletes geez!
There is your explaination take it any way you want! :eek:

I will give you NHRA drivers arent athletes however to say that Nascar drivers dont have endurance or strength is beyond stupid. Its tough as hell to run 500 miles at 200 mph and stay alert and keep your strength up.

bottom line- when danica gets out of her car at the end of a race , her firesuit is gleeming clean and pressed, when ashley got out of her 8,000 hp funny car on sunday it was covered with cltuch dust, now thats sexy as hell! ashley rules!!!!!

I can't really say who I would consider a better driver. These are two totally different types of racing. I do think that Ashley comes across as more fan friendly, but then I typically think drag racers as a whole are that way. I have been to more than one NASCAR event (I really tried to give it a shot, but didn't like it any more in person than on TV) and was shocked that the fans have literally no access to the drivers. I was used to drag racing, and couldn't believe people paid money and then couldn't roam the pits as I had done for years.
That being said, I do have one thing to add to this type discussion. It seems that before a lot of national events, there is some sort of circle track/arena cart/dirt track type racing that many NHRA pro's participate in when time allows. Usually it is for charity, which is great, but I also think this has to help them with their driving abilities as well. I don't think (I may be wrong, and probably am) I have heard of many of the roundy round racers stepping into a drag race type of car for a charity. Obviously, they couldn't drive a nitro car, but you would think some of them would want to see how it is to drive the 1/4 mile, in some sort of car. I guess I just feel that either NHRA drivers want to get a feel for it all, or that driving 'around' is much easier than the 1/4 mile thing they do. JMO

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back