Force,asking Should Ashley move up??? (1 Viewer)

Seems to me this is either a PR ploy or John is not comfortable with her driving and is looking for some kind of reassurance.

In the first instance the whole thing is a so what and in the second if he doesn't think she is ready then maybe a year in a TAFC would help make the decision a little easier.

Look, Force is being pressured by Ford to put her in a car. She would attract more females to the sport and to possibly purchase a new Ford Mustang.
I for one do not think John will move her up to AA/FC next year.
He is getting more ink w/ her testing on Monday than Medlen gets for winning a race....Medlen who?? if you asked most young women who might have an interest in drag racing.
Did you all see the episode on A&E when the car crashed in the other lane next to Ashley? They did not show what John said to the other driver while he was in the ambulance.
Do you ever see the Force family mingling w/ the other big guns.....never....and why??? Do they welcome her? Read between the lines on that issue.

Look, Force is being pressured by Ford to put her in a car. She would attract more females to the sport and to possibly purchase a new Ford Mustang.
He is getting more ink w/ her testing on Monday than Medlen gets for winning a race....Medlen who?? if you asked most young women who might have an interest in drag racing.
Did you all see the episode on A&E when the car crashed in the other lane next to Ashley? They did not show what John said to the other driver while he was in the ambulance.
Do you ever see the Force family mingling w/ the other big guns.....never....and why??? Do they welcome her? Read between the lines on that issue.

The new "Anti-Force" has entered the building!! :D :D

The freaking Pope could start driving a fuel funny car and if he were John Force's son, they wouldnt be all sweet and tingly towards him either. What exactly is your beef with the Force's, you obvisously have one so whats the deal? Did you ask Ashley out and she laughed?

I don't know about that, as a father, I couldn't help but worry, no matter how many passes she's made, sooner or later there will always that bad one.

Lance, point well taken. I know from personal experience even racing Jr's with my kids that thought is there. Now with one of mine making the move the Super Comp the thought is there!!! I cannot imagine having them make the move to a fuel funny car! It's gotta weigh on your mind!!

Seems to me this is either a PR ploy or John is not comfortable with her driving and is looking for some kind of reassurance.

In the first instance the whole thing is a so what and in the second if he doesn't think she is ready then maybe a year in a TAFC would help make the decision a little easier.

I made a deal with John, he doesnt come to me for advice on his daughters
ability to drive a funny car and I dont ask him how to coach my sons Little League team... No disrespect meant, but i doubt anybody on here will be able to tell the multiple time funny car champ anything he doesnt already know, about his daughters readiness to compete or ability to drive a race car...
:D

So far 81% says that she should go F/C, I think she's ready. Maybe the real problem that John has is that Ashley will get more ink and tv than he will.:D

say what you will...John has a plan ....

Ashley is ready ....to move up that is. to the Funny car ranks ....man ,she is a good looking woman ! OH ,I forgot ,I'm 52 and have three kids and a wife...Is it ok If i said she was attractive ? :D ...

I think had John Put Ashley in an Alky FC, we'd see first hand how easily she could make that transition. An A-Fuel dragster and a Nitro FC are in a different timezone! I'll wait and see how she does the first 3-4 races.

Joe....I am with you no this subject and a lasting note.....ever been to the starting line on Mondays when she tests?
None of the other heavy hitters ever go up and watch her....wonder why?
I know one fuel pilot who refused to be a signature on her license and she ended up w/ signatures from her own camp.
But she is a cutie.....

Ashley is ready ....to move up that is. to the Funny car ranks ....man ,she is a good looking woman ! OH ,I forgot ,I'm 52 and have three kids and a wife...Is it ok If i said she was attractive ? :D ...

Yes, just don't let the wife see you drool:D

S/F
D

Joe....I am with you no this subject and a lasting note.....ever been to the starting line on Mondays when she tests?
None of the other heavy hitters ever go up and watch her....wonder why?
I know one fuel pilot who refused to be a signature on her license and she ended up w/ signatures from her own camp.
But she is a cutie.....

You know what? There is a line that should apply to you:

"Better to be silent and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt."

I think we as parents putting our children into any type of recreational vehicle does have its concerns but seems like most are worried about the negative results.
My son runs a jr dragster and I have only two concerns:

NOTHING FALLS OFF THE CAR & HAVE CAUTION FOR THE OTHER DRIVER.

I do not worry about his abilities and judgement making as long as his mind is clear and I can read his eyes.

I would have no problem putting him into a fuel car as long as his mind is there and it is in his heart to do this.

Agreed I too don't have concerns for his judgement and/or ability's. But of course this is racing and you can't control everything or everybody! I have a ball racing with my boys and never put them into a situation that they and I don't feel comfortable with......But there is always that "pucker Factor" when your kid goes down the track. But I probably get the same "pucker" when he's making that big hit on the football field..........I'll call it "....PAPA PUCKER"! :D ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back