Force,asking Should Ashley move up??? (1 Viewer)

You know what? There is a line that should apply to you:

"Better to be silent and be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt."

There is another line which certainly applies to you. "There is no sense being an idiot unless you show it". If you couldn't cut and paste would you ever have anything coherent to post? Why don't you try posting some rebutal if you don't like what Terry has said instead of the silly one liners.

There is another line which certainly applies to you. "There is no sense being an idiot unless you show it". If you couldn't cut and paste would you ever have anything coherent to post? Why don't you try posting some rebutal if you don't like what Terry has said instead of the silly one liners.

My sentiments exactly.

Ashley is ready ....to move up that is. to the Funny car ranks ....man ,she is a good looking woman ! OH ,I forgot ,I'm 52 and have three kids and a wife...Is it ok If i said she was attractive ? :D ...

Doug,
Think it's the air here in Virginia... ya took the words right outta my mouth...

Ditto!!!!!!!

If it's any consolation, as of about 60 seconds ago there have been 4,791 votes garnered on this subject on the ESPN web site. Obviously I have absolutely no idea how many people voted multiple times, but that fact that roughly 4,791 people are even looking at the NHRA page on the ESPN web site is a fairly good sign, no? Despite the fact ESPN is the network that televises NHRA for us, I feel fairly confident in saying it's not the first place we go for our Drag Racing news. Granted, we aren't NASCAR (And no, I'm not trying to stir that pot again), but I think that's a pretty decent number all things considered.

P.S. Not that I have a freakin' clue one way or the other, but I voted yes... and I only voted once.

I think the poll question should be changed to, "Are YOU (the fans) ready for Ashley to move up to FC?". Instead of it reading like he's concerned or has doubts. We know he doesn't. Otherwise Ashley wouldn't be in that car testing. Sure, he has concerns for her safety, but not in her abilities.

I don't care about some other fuel driver's chickenshit attitude because she's a girl. When it comes to race day they'll either race against her or they'll walk. She's just as capable as the next person.

I think the poll question should be changed to, "Are YOU (the fans) ready for Ashley to move up to FC?". Instead of it reading like he's concerned or has doubts. We know he doesn't. Otherwise Ashley wouldn't be in that car testing. Sure, he has concerns for her safety, but not in her abilities.

I don't care about some other fuel driver's chickenshit attitude because she's a girl. When it comes to race day they'll either race against her or they'll walk. She's just as capable as the next person.

Excellent points, one and all. Though I wonder if it's all about her being a girl or if the 'silver spoon' mentality is bothering some? I mean there's a lot of racers, male & female, who have worked their tails off to get where they are while she's basically had it handed to her on a silver platter. And don't misunderstand me, I don't begrudge her one bit. Hell, if it were me I'd be taking full advantage too. But I'd expect some ribbing from my competitors along the way, no doubt about it.

Either way I agree - the question should be worded differently because as I said earlier, I personally don't have a freakin' clue whether or not she's ready to compete at that level.

...the 'silver spoon' mentality is bothering some? I mean there's a lot of racers, male & female, who have worked their tails off to get where they are while she's basically had it handed to her on a silver platter.

If you ever get out of aviation, you would make an excellent carpenter or framer.
(you hit the nail on the head)

Last edited:
I’ve never been to testing anywhere other than Las Vegas so I can’t speak about other tracks. But I did not see anybody other than the Cowboys, Eric, John, Coil and the crew plus who ever was waiting to go next when Ashley was testing. Then again I didn’t see anybody watching Grubnic, Baca, Hillary Will, Scelzi, Densham or anybody else either except the team that was next in line. I think when teams are testing they are gathering information and worrying about what their car is doing and not anybody else.

As far as the being a girl thing goes, I think it means more to the fans than the drivers. There are plenty of female drivers and riders out there. I’m not sure it’s that much of a concern for the drivers anymore. Silver spoon? It might put you in the seat, but it doesn’t mean you can compete, as Joe Sherwood said “An A-Fuel dragster and a Nitro FC are in a different time zone!. Should she drive? I have to go with yes, otherwise the Ford, Castrol GTX, Mac Tools, Triple A, VHT, MSD, ARP, A&E Funny Car would be a waist of time and money. It is all about the PR.:D

Dan

Joe....I am with you no this subject and a lasting note.....ever been to the starting line on Mondays when she tests?
None of the other heavy hitters ever go up and watch her....wonder why?
I know one fuel pilot who refused to be a signature on her license and she ended up w/ signatures from her own camp.
But she is a cutie.....
Interesting. Didn't know that was taking place.

When Adam made passes in Daves car a few teams came forward to give encouraging words and to root for him.
Last year when Diehl was upgrading many top tuners went to the starting line to watch.
The people in the biz that have paid their dues support most who are humble and grateful.
Heck Scott K had drivers come to the start line to watch him in Grubs car.
Ashley Force can drive on an NHRA A+ prepared track and they even gave her lane a special application of compound just for her.....
Sorokin never asked for a lane inspection, he just went up there and went for it w/out special treatment.

I'm all for Ashley being in the car...
...if she can handle it.
I know many other drivers may feel like Ashley just isn't strong enough to handle a funny car. And that might have been one of the factors that kept others from signing off on her license. This is just speculation on my part of course.

You have to be able to man handle the car on most of the clean passes, nevermind one in which you get outta shape. I'm sure John has these same concerns.
I'm now of the opinion that Ashley needs to seriously work on strength conditioning, especially building some upper body muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, but again it's just my opinion.

I want to see Ashley, and John as well, succeed in this effort more than anyone. I also want everyone involved to always be safe & not get hurt.

I'm all for Ashley being in the car...
...if she can handle it.
I know many other drivers may feel like Ashley just isn't strong enough to handle a funny car. And that might have been one of the factors that kept others from signing off on her license. This is just speculation on my part of course.

You have to be able to man handle the car on most of the clean passes, nevermind one in which you get outta shape. I'm sure John has these same concerns.
I'm now of the opinion that Ashley needs to seriously work on strength conditioning, especially building some upper body muscle. Maybe I'm wrong, but again it's just my opinion.

I want to see Ashley, and John as well, succeed in this effort more than anyone. I also want everyone involved to always be safe & not get hurt.

I nominate this for the post of this thread award...

I get the impression Ashley believes as Melanie Troxel does. She doesn't want to be the best FEMALE driver.......she wants to be the best driver, period. I find that admirable! And it's one of the reasons that I think Melanie is an awesome representative of this sport.

Even if she wasn't a Force, she is going to be excellent for the sport. As someone said earlier, she WANTS it, and I will add that she GETS it! Ashley is going to be a great racer because she wants to be a great racer. It doesn't hurt that she has all of the tools at her disposal, but i believe she will succeed as a driver.

Even if she wasn't a Force, she is going to be excellent for the sport. As someone said earlier, she WANTS it, and I will add that she GETS it! Ashley is going to be a great racer because she wants to be a great racer. It doesn't hurt that she has all of the tools at her disposal, but i believe she will succeed as a driver.

She will also sound and look good doing it.

Personally, I think if anyone has problems with Ashley, its because of one word: JEALOUSY. She cant help it that her dad is a soon to be 14 time Champion with the backing to do whatever he wants or the clout to get the track sprayed right before she runs. If you were in that position Terry, you would do the same thing, that being taking full advantage of every opportunity you have. Force is NHRA whether you like it or not and he can pretty much do what he wants. Do you think Nascar would have ever told Dale Sr NO or gave him a hard time. I think not. Is it right to the others, no. But its business and in business you have to cater to the big dawgs.

I feel it should be Ash's choice.....not the fans or John's....the pressure of having others wanting you to do something that you may or may not want to do is harder than you can imagine...I just think she should make the choice...

KB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back