Article with predictions for the season (1 Viewer)

Nice start PJ.....

have a few questions for ya:

1) DC Wins it all in Pro Stock...? Last I heard, he was NOT running a full schedule this season as the Cagnazzi Group was trying to find full-time Marketing Partner or have the fine guys at IDG pick up the tab with Makita or another B2B partner.... Do you know something we don't know?

2) 8 Winners in Pro Stock? ... who?

Greg Anderson
Jason Line
Mike Edwards
Shane Gray
Allen Johnson
Greg Stanfield
....and???
V. Gaines???
Larry Morgan???
Erica Enders???
KURT BUSCH????

3) First time winner in Funny Car? Like????

- Paul Lee?
- Brian Thiel?
- Jeff Diehl?

4) Repeat champ in PSB....

- Hector?
- Matt Hines?
- LE Tonglet?
- Eddie K?
- Angelle coming back???;)

It's a great start, and some nice predictions...just looking for a bit more 'meat' to support them.

Here's a few.

Top Fuel champion - repeat winner, Larry Dixon. The boy's got it goin' on. Del Worsham will win at least one race, possibly two. Darkhorse...Doug Kalitta.

FC Champion - John gets #16. He's on a roll, Coil's departure won't affect him and he's now in the best of the 3 Force cars. Capps will threaten and could win if Force falters at all in the final 6 races.

PS Champion - Allen Johnson. He's holding all the cards. Last year's problems are ancient history. Larry Morgan gets his first Ford win and Erica Enders will get one. First for Ford (current Ford); first for the gals.

PSB Champion - Matt Hines. He let one get away last year. That won't happen this year. And we all know HD has a bit of an inherent advantage in the first place.

3.75/325 is the TF benchmark. That won't be bettered, although the overall average will improve, providing a season of good, close racing.

Here's a no-brainer that everyone knows about already....a 3.99 FC pass. Longshot guess - Ron Capps, Pomona I, during the day on Sunday. The temps are predicted to be in the 50s. Someone will hit 320MPH before the season is over.

No 6.40 PS passes. Yeah, Johnson did it at Bradenton but nobody ever matches preseason testing numbers. Edwards' 6.509 will stand, as will 212MPH speeds. Speaking of Johnson, say hello to your 2011 Champ.

Hector's 6.81 was genuine but also a fluke. That number will most certainly stand. Look for a couple of riders to tickle the 200MPH barrier, but they won't break it.

Miscellaneous tidbits....Bruton's 4-wide circus will roll into town with much advance discussion but will wind up being a good race with stellar performances. The 1000 VS 1320 debate will rage on but 2012 will start off just like it will this year - 1000' fuel racing. Barring anything catastrophic, don't look for nitro testing with 413's, restrictor plates and the like. Too much like work. At least one well-known fuel driver and one well known fuel crew chief will retire in 2011. And one that's been out of the loop will return.

A little more meat for ya, Tim...:)

Last edited:
Here's a few. A little more meat for ya, Tim...:)

Good ones Carl...I'll see your meat and raise ya a corn dog....:cool:

Top Fuel champion - repeat winner, Larry Dixon. The boy's got it goin' on. Del Worsham will win at least one race, possibly two. Darkhorse...Doug Kalitta.

I'll take that bet.

Top Fuel Champion - Spencer Massey. Last season, Todd O and Phil S. tuned Cory Mac to several consistent performances. Spencer is a good .020 quicker (on the average from his full season with Snake) than Cory was in 2010. This is not a knock on Cory, but goes to show Spencer's strength. Combine his 'Langdon-like' RT's with Todd and Phil's tuning..and you'll see Spencer take home the crown in Top Fuel...My Dark horse in Top Fuel...Shawn Langdon...

FC Champion - John gets #16. He's on a roll, Coil's departure won't affect him and he's now in the best of the 3 Force cars. Capps will threaten and could win if Force falters at all in the final 6 races.

FC Champion - Mike Neff #1

John Force was on a Roll primarily because of Mike Neff's tuning skills. Neff showed during his rookie driving season he has the 'skills' on the tree and became a very capable shoe during pedal-fest conditions. My dark horse.....Tim Wilkerson...

PS Champion - Allen Johnson. He's holding all the cards. Last year's problems are ancient history. Larry Morgan gets his first Ford win and Erica Enders will get one. First for Ford (current Ford); first for the gals.

PS Champion - Greg Anderson repeat. GA showed at the end of last season he not only caught up with Edwards in the HP dept, but also had more consistent performance than Mike. During the countdown, when the money is on the line, "Line" will help GA give Mr. Black the opportunity to return to the 'Summit' in Pro Stock. I don't think E.E. will win an event this season. Cagnazzi HP is great, but i find it VERY hard to believe she can put together 4 near perfect runs to win in the Pro Stock division. Has not shown this consistency in the driving dept. yet. I do believe if a Ford wins it will most likely be Mr. Morgan. However, if the Rousch Pro Stock engine program with Justin Humphries gets running, don't count him out.

As for AJ holding the cards in Pro Stock...one GREAT lap in testing a season does not make. Consistency has been his issue in years past. IF he can get a more consistent set up and driving, he'll be tough to beat for certain. Dark Horse....Greg Stanfield

PSB Champion - Matt Hines. He let one get away last year. That won't happen this year. And we all know HD has a bit of an inherent advantage in the first place.

PSB Champion - Eddie K. Let's face it, Andrew Hines (we both missed that one...it's Andrew riding now..not Matt) has not been 'there' when the pressure is on the line. Eddie K on the other hand has been. And if he's holding a point lead over Andrew pre countdown, I think he'll show how good of a rider he is. My Dark Horse.... Matt "Mr. Quickest PX driver" Smith.

3.75/325 is the TF benchmark. That won't be bettered, although the overall average will improve, providing a season of good, close racing.

I agree on this one....I think the wick is too short as it is...

Here's a no-brainer that everyone knows about already....a 3.99 FC pass. Longshot guess - Ron Capps, Pomona I, during the day on Sunday. The temps are predicted to be in the 50s. Someone will hit 320MPH before the season is over.

320 in Funny Car...? I'll take that bet. I don't think picking up 4 MPH is probable. I do think 3.99 is possible, but it'll have to be candyland to occur. I say...Prock Rocket with Hight or Tommy D. with Hagan will break the barrier...

No 6.40 PS passes. Yeah, Johnson did it at Bradenton but nobody ever matches preseason testing numbers. Edwards' 6.509 will stand, as will 212MPH speeds. Speaking of Johnson, say hello to your 2011 Champ.

I think we covered this except for the 6.40's... I think you'll see a .40 in E-Town or G-Ville. Gotta be mineshaft....but I think it's out there. Clutch technology gets better every year...

Hector's 6.81 was genuine but also a fluke. That number will most certainly stand. Look for a couple of riders to tickle the 200MPH barrier, but they won't break it.

PSB is one class that has not yet hit it's performance potential in my opinion. I think a .70 is in the cards if Harley wants to flex the muscle. I also think 200 is possible too...but again...gotta be in a mine...

Miscellaneous tidbits....Bruton's 4-wide circus will roll into town with much advance discussion but will wind up being a good race with stellar performances. The 1000 VS 1320 debate will rage on but 2012 will start off just like it will this year - 1000' fuel racing. Barring anything catastrophic, don't look for nitro testing with 413's, restrictor plates and the like. Too much like work. At least one well-known fuel driver and one well known fuel crew chief will retire in 2011. And one that's been out of the loop will return.

....I ain't touching this one with a 660' pole....:eek:

Nice start PJ.....

have a few questions for ya:

1) DC Wins it all in Pro Stock...? Last I heard, he was NOT running a full schedule this season as the Cagnazzi Group was trying to find full-time Marketing Partner or have the fine guys at IDG pick up the tab with Makita or another B2B partner.... Do you know something we don't know?

Greg Anderson
Jason Line
Mike Edwards
Shane Gray
Allen Johnson
Greg Stanfield
....and???
V. Gaines???
Larry Morgan???
Erica Enders???
KURT BUSCH????

- Paul Lee?
- Brian Thiel?
- Jeff Diehl?

- Hector?
- Matt Hines?
- LE Tonglet?
- Eddie K?

It's a great start, and some nice predictions...just looking for a bit more 'meat' to support them.

1 with the ahem countdown. No need to run the full season. I think Dave showed that once already. Besides, he will make more races than previously thought

Greg Anderson
Jason Line
Mike Edwards
Shane Gray
Allen Johnson
Greg Stanfield
Erica
Dave
and leither KJ/WJ yeah that gives me 9

3 Johnny Gray if not then Lee or perhaps a late season but the newest Miss Force

4 Matt Smith or Hines

You might not like DSR but Tony, and Antron are going to make big noise in Top Fuel.

Matt Hagen had John Force's number. That BS last year about Tasca taking out Hagan was so bogus.

I guest most of you werre absent during the first part of last year when mike Edwards had everybody trying to be second. Nothing has changed.

PS Bike = Screamin Eagles both bikes

Chris Demke breaks thru in Top Alcohol Dragster

Found On The Road Dead = no wins

- shawn langdon will do well this year.

- an unknown 20 yr. old will win the daytona 500.

Dave Connolly
Kurt Johnson

Greg Anderson
Jason Line
Mike Edwards
Shane Gray
Allen Johnson
Greg Stanfield
....and???
V. Gaines???
Larry Morgan???
Erica Enders???
KURT BUSCH????

Johnny Gray
Daniel Wilkerson

- Paul Lee?
- Brian Thiel?
- Jeff Diehl?

- Matt Smith?
-Andrew Hines?

- Hector?
- Matt Hines?
- LE Tonglet?
- Eddie K?

Here's more meat..........

i say Force comes up short for 16 and Manzo wins his 15 and ties John Force for championships and passes WJ For 2nd in career wins.

Demke finally ends the Reichert reign of terror and the nearby Waffle House will become Hamburger Mike's for one night in celebration.

I guest most of you werre absent during the first part of last year when mike Edwards had everybody trying to be second. Nothing has changed.

I guess you were absent during the back half of the season when the gap between Edwards and the field INSTANTLY shrunk right after the Western Swing...

Whatever performance advantage held over the field (on the average 0.020), is no longer there.

Matt Hines, is he making a comeback???? :confused: OR.. Do you mean his lil bro?? :D

Ha - I got caught on that one. I was so excited thinking about the upcoming 4-Wide Nationals that I mixed my Hines up. Yes, Andrew. :)

Now, here's who I'd LIKE to see as champs:

TF - Doug Kalitta. Close second choice: Del Worsham. Both competent, all-around good people. After 2006 and the tragedy in 08, Doug (and Connie) deserve it more than anybody. I root for the little teams, too, but many of them are running limited schedules and while they may win a few battles the odds are stacked against them winning the war.

FC - Tim Wilkerson. Too bad the countdown got him a couple of years back. I just like Tim. Another close second choice: Ron Capps.

PS - Allen Johnson will do just fine.:)

PSM - Karen Stouffer. Erratic leaver but her bike's quick and nobody tries harder than Karen.

And I forgot to mention Pro Mod. Come on, Melanie. You can do it. Turbo cars will come on strong but the blower bunch will prevail in the end.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back