10 Bold Predictions For 2024 NHRA Mission Foods Drag Racing Season (1 Viewer)

Interesting article.
But, I couldn't tell if it is what Susan Wade is hoping for, or if it is what she thinks will happen this season.
I did like seeing she thinks the Countdown is on its way out.

1) pretty good call. hard to bet against. wouldn't bet on walking away with it though.
2) tasca will be in the conversation. so will about 5 others.
3) sssshhh. this is a great call.
4) quality rider on proprietary dominate hp.
5) & 6) same thing. you can weave a thread if you want, but each race is it's own spectacle.
7) TS is the golden egg for nhra, there is no doubt.
8) john and team are plenty capable. he and everyone else will have to stay off that centerline.
9) if neff and schaefer figure it out, which they were last fall.....
10) there is no time b/w rounds, plus internet. big midway is thing of past.

Hardly bold predictions. Anyone on this forum could have written the article. And maybe a little proof reading would have gotten the Ford family right and other typos corrected. It would be great if we had journalists with real insight writing about drag racing.

Hardly bold predictions. Anyone on this forum could have written the article. And maybe a little proof reading would have gotten the Ford family right and other typos corrected. It would be great if we had journalists with real insight writing about drag racing.
Agreed. I appreciate Susan's passion for the sport, but some of her write-ups are... odd.

No way to know if Tasca, Torrence and Glenn will win the championship and I dunno about Force winning 'many races'. Myself, I'll keep an eye out for Stewart in Top Fuel. He's in the same car with the same crew that came within 1 round of winning it all last year and Tony is a bit quicker/more consistent at the tree than his wife. And I'd be fine with him taking the Championship. Ditto, Tasca and Glenn. Like 'em both. Herrera looks like a lock but on any given Sunday, as they say.

I agree with PRO's influence and I hope the countdown goes away. But NHRA....you know how they are....so who knows. And I'll make a prediction of my own - a 'little guy' team in each pro category will win a race in 2024.

..........a 'little guy' team in each pro category will win a race in 2024.
it would be great if it happened only once in one class. maybe it's happened in PSB? what is the most remarkable pro win since bode in 2010?
(somebody who runs part time)

I put this up, not because it was a great article, but because I wanted to hear opinions on her take of Schumacher, Force and others. With the exception of PSB, I’ve never seen so many possible contenders. Ted said it best. Is she hoping for, or thinks it will happen?

Also I found some of the comments on the countdown, the PRO race being a disrupter and the midway interesting, as if there is a lot of discussion, or possible changes being planned behind the scenes. I think there is a way to reimagine the midway that brings fans, sponsors and drivers together in a more effective way.

it would be great if it happened only once in one class. maybe it's happened in PSB? what is the most remarkable pro win since bode in 2010?
There's been quite a few rookie wins....Darrell Russell won the first race he ever entered....but they weren't 'Little Guys'. (Russell drove for Amato). Others include Crampton and Hart. And many years ago a 21 year old Del Worsham, about as little of a team as it gets at the time, won Atlanta. Almost-a-rookie Camrie Caruso whipped up on the guys (and gal) at the start of her second season in 2023.

But this could be the year of the little guy...lots of quality small teams out there now with first-time drivers that aren't that far behind the top dogs.

Tripp Tatum winning the gators a couple years ago although it was not the most shocking ever, they ran very well in Phoenix the race before but had a chute fall out, iirc, in the first round. Josh Hart coming out of nowhere it seemed and winning his first race was amazing but probably the most remarkable win for a little guy (gal) was Jianna winning the finals in 2019. Luck definitely played a part but she made her own luck that day as well.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back