Any fans of Smokey and the Bandit? (1 Viewer)

Joe, I wasnt around when it first came out but I have seen all of them probably 100 times. I love them. I use to come home from school and watch Dukes of Hazzards and if it wasnt on then I would put in ole Burt.

I loved the first one! I still have plenty of little sayings that I use on a regular basis.......HONEY HUSH!

Holy pajamas, this was a very time consuming process, but geez...AWESOME!

"Berdette. Let's see..B...BE...Hell I got to go." Snowman.

One of the comments down the page said there's one for Dukes of Hazzard also but I didnt look for it. I will have to when I get time. I'm going my anti-rain ADRL dance right now. Freaking weather!

what a classic movie! i remeber sitting in the theatre back in 77,(i got in for $2.50) and the public didnt know a whole lot about trans ams , and when the trans am came out of the trailer all shiny and knew the crowd was applauding , then followed by a nice burnout. what a killer movie!

30 minutes later and I'm still floored by what this man did.......HOLY PAJAMAS!

How about a Then and Now...."Every girl J.R. Ewing took on the Town ;) "

My favorite movie when I was a kid. My buddies and I saw this movie possibly 15 times the summer of '77. We'd go to the matinee show and stay for 2-3 showings.

My favorite quote:
Sheriff Branford: The fact that you are a sheriff is not germane to the situation.
Buford T. Justice: The g0d d@mn Germans got nothin' to do with it.

That movie can only be watched uncut, TBS, TNT etc. absolutely butcher that movie when they air it. I was in 7th grade when it was released and I sat thru two showings of it, only because the girl I took was, ahem....developing pretty early and I had my arm around her getting a handful of....well it was 4 hrs of heaven for a 12year old is all I`m gonna say!

I loved the first one! I still have plenty of little sayings that I use on a regular basis.......HONEY HUSH!

I still always say "That ain't nuthin' but pure, old-fashioned communism" whenever I am confronted with a situation that doesn't suit me. You gotta love Buford T. Justice.

Here's another:

"Son, the first thing I am gonna do when I get home is smack your mama in the mouth cuz there ain't no way in hell you came from my loins."

As a youngster, when I saw Fred in Smokey and the Bandit then Flash on the Dukes of Hazzard, well I just had to have a Bassett hound.

EDIT: Smokey and the Bandit is also Tony Stewart's favorite movie. He has it on DVD and watches it all the time in his motorhome on race weekends.

"Let me have a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it fast, I'm in a god-damn hurry" :eek:

Gotta Love Sheriff BUFORD T. JUSTICE!

And of course the best line from the Bandit...

"Nice matching suits. It must have been a ***** to get a 69 Extra Fat and a 12 Dwarf."

That was a pretty good presentation....Makes me want to do the same thing for the Movie "Caddyshack"! ;)

My favorite movie when I was a kid. My buddies and I saw this movie possibly 15 times the summer of '77. We'd go to the matinee show and stay for 2-3 showings.

Same here. My buddy and I sat in the theatre all day and all evening the weekend it came out.

Now, my 9 year old watches it over and over! And I watch it with him. Whenever he does something goofy I say to him, "Boy, there's no way you could come from these loins"!

The movie promo poster which hung outside the cinema in Whiteville, NC is the first I can remember seeing as a kid. My first memories of going to a movie.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back