Antron to run Toyota Scheme (1 Viewer)

I am assuming that it is the angle the shot is taken from, as the name on the front wing is right, but the "Y" in TOYOTA looks funny...... CLICK THE PHOTO TO GO TO THE STORY....

Last edited:
in this day and age i just like seeing anything other than last names on the side of a rail... ( no disresect to the hartlys etc.)

maybe they will anodize the blocks red, put a sticker on the valve cover and call them "experimental" toyota motors!::rolleyes:

it's often written or talked about that NHRA's driver diversity seems to
go unnoticed...............i would be willing to bet that toyota notices.
would be curious to see how widespread the advertising is for
antron and his toyota TF'er.

IMO coolest team out there - way to go antron and MAR :cool:

My bet is that with the Matco deal, it has something in the contract where it moves matco to associate and bring in another primary for like 2 races. MAR prob struck a deal for a little more money from Directv and Toyota to run the primary colors.

Last edited:
Paul,

The "Y" is indeed in the location of the NACA duct on the side of the body that allows air pressure out from under and inside the body. It is an optical illusion from the angle the pic was taken.

The MAR relationship with Toyota is indeed a relationship fostered back in the DPM days and Toyota remained committed to Antron Brown as one of their spokesmen when Mike Ashley acquired the team in early 2009. We are proud to be associated with a fine racing and marketing partner like Toyota and their Toyota Racing Development team. We are very grateful to Toyota and their commitment to MAR and NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing.

I'm gonna print that out and go to my local dealership and ask if they have any instock. :D This time I don't think they'll be able to say, "Well, we don't have one in that exact color and with those same options here - but we do have some other really nice Soloras's right over here" (like they did when Scott Kalitta debuted the Kalitta Air Toyota a couple years ago.) :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back