Another Crew Chief Change (1 Viewer)

Hight was on WFO last week to talk JFR for 2015. If he was gone he wouldn't be speaking as the President of JFR. If the rumor of him going to DSR was true they would have to release a driver. They are maxed out of F/C allowed

Last edited:
Hight was on WFO last week to talk JFR for 2015. If he was gone he wouldn't be speaking as the President of JFR. If the rumor of him going to DSR was true they would have to release a driver. They are maxed out of F/C allowed
Yeah, the rumor going around had nothing with him going to DSR.

Rob Wendland is a kind of 'floating' around.Dean Antonelli is also a flopper tuner......There are people out there JUST can JFR AFFORD to ADD in a new chief like a Rob Wendland or other tuner??

Ok. Ill be the first to say it. Maybe Crew Chiefs get paid a little too much money for what they do. I can't do it, but if I could I wouldn't be asking 6 figures+

Happy for Jack.

I'm sure the entire fleet of DSR FC's will benefit from this, not just Jack. But if I were in Jack's shoes I'd be feeling pretty good right about now. If you could assemble a dream team Jack has it, for sure.

If Capps doesn't do well early on next season, I'm sure you'll see another crew swap DSR style with Prock and company going over there.

If Capps doesn't do well early on next season, I'm sure you'll see another crew swap DSR style with Prock and company going over there.
Capps has been working hard for a looooong time. He's been there the longest and more than paid his dues. Jack has a championship, Hagan has one too. Yet Capps is not put in position to win one. He deserves it more than anyone there. I don't know why Prock et al is not on his car now.

Capps has been working hard for a looooong time. He's been there the longest and more than paid his dues. Jack has a championship, Hagan has one too. Yet Capps is not put in position to win one. He deserves it more than anyone there. I don't know why Prock et al is not on his car now.

Paul, I disagree that Capps hasn't been put into a position to win a championship. He has went to the Finals several times with both the Ace and Tobler as his Crew Chief with a chance to win it all, and for whatever reason just couldn't pull it off. Beckman's championship was a product of the countdown and has had a crew chief carousel the last few years, and Hagan has gotten it done with 2 different crew chiefs, while Capps has enjoyed relative stability. Capps just needs to stay in the top 10 and win 2 or 3 races in a Countdown and a Championship will be his. That is the formula everyone uses these days, Capps and Tobler just need to figure it out.

Paul, I disagree that Capps hasn't been put into a position to win a championship. He has went to the Finals several times with both the Ace and Tobler as his Crew Chief with a chance to win it all, and for whatever reason just couldn't pull it off. Beckman's championship was a product of the countdown and has had a crew chief carousel the last few years, and Hagan has gotten it done with 2 different crew chiefs, while Capps has enjoyed relative stability. Capps just needs to stay in the top 10 and win 2 or 3 races in a Countdown and a Championship will be his. That is the formula everyone uses these days, Capps and Tobler just need to figure it out.

Didn't Stewart shut Capps off for leaking "something" on the starting line that screwed him over? Come to find out it was the starter that had a bladder issue, not Capps FC. I wish Capps would have done like TS and looked the other way when the starter was giving him the universal throat slit/shut off sign.

As tony shoe said recently -- nobody deserves to win a championship. You have to earn it. Ron has the talent and experience. Hopefully the countdown will go in his favor this season.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back