Angelle Done for the year (1 Viewer)

NYNitro86

Nitro Member
From Angelle's Facebook

So I realized that I never said how I hurt my leg. I was helping to unload the rig this morning and I made a very stupid mistake. I rolled our heavy starter cart off of the trailer door which has a ramp. I made the mistake of walking in front of it instead of behind it. When it picked up speed on the ramp it ran into my left ankle. Cutting it severely in two places. One cut got the Achilles and the other on the lateral side of my ankle. We hoped that it was only a bad cut so the doc stitched me up and numbed it and I ran first round. The pain was pretty bad so I got another set of injections and ran second round. The bike was driving to the right and I had to stand on my left peg to correct. The pain was too much for me so I shut off the throttle to be safe. The doctor then sent me to the trauma center at UMC where they took X-rays and did a further assessment. That doctor said that he believes I have a full tear of the lateral ligament which will require surgery. I will stay to watch my team race then head home to see an orthopedic for an MRI and find out about surgery. I'm still hoping that it's not fully torn and will heal on its own. Either way,.. Looks like I'm done for the year. I am very disappointed but still feeling extremely blessed that it wasn't worse. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and thank you to the medical team that took care of me today. They were wonderful!!!

Unfortunately this will end her career qualifying streak as she will DNQ Vegas (does someone have tally from her streak after the 08 Finals & add 3 to it for the 3 races since her return).

Hope Angelle heals up for Gainesville in 2015.

I saw the pics of the cuts, pretty bad to say the least. Her comeback was a great boost for PSM and I hope she is back next year.

Hopefully a sponsor comes on board so she can race the 2015 season . She sais in an interview that 2015 contingent on a sponsors coming on board

Unfortunately this will end her career qualifying streak as she will DNQ Vegas (does someone have tally from her streak after the 08 Finals & add 3 to it for the 3 races since her return).

It was 183, so now it's 186. 6th on the list, and only 5 behind Joe Amato's 191.

def cant give her hell for crying,that has to be be very painful down there. Get well soon

I severely sprained my ankle about 15 years ago, hurt like a SOB for 2 months along with crutches, and the therapy. It took a year for my ankle to quit popping after every other step I took. It really sucked!

To make matters worse-the main way you get a P/SB to steer is weighting a peg. She tried to make a run after it happened and coudn't put pressure on that side + drifted. :(

I saw a pic of the sliced up ankle,was pretty terrible looking. I fractured my ankle(was basically twisted) and the outer bone broke and tore tendons on the inside. Took maybe a month to heal(had a plate and screws put in) the fracture healed up quick BUt the deal on the tendons took and other month to play nice.
Heal up Angelle and get back after it in 2015!

Good news? sadly there is none...:(

From FB
Well it wasn't what I hoped to hear. Surgery on Wednesday morning. Doc said he is very impressed. I tore a ligament that he hasn't seen torn the way I did it in a really long time. Somehow I managed to tear the Peroneus Brevis tendon in half. This tendon is between the Fibula and another tendon that would normally be torn first. I also tore the Achilles worse than we originally thought. It's torn in half. Down time will be 3 months. 6 weeks in a cast and 6 in a boot,..then we start rehab. Thank you all so very much for the love and support you have shown me. Especially for your prayers. I may be down but I am not out!! The good Lord has just given me a little challenge that will make me stronger in the end,.. And I accept.

I got nothing to say about this...just no words :rolleyes:.

But on a Side question; who has the most wins of the active riders in PSM not including Angelle?

Edit- I found it, it's Andrew w/36 and he'll probably get to be the winningest rider spot in the next year or so.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back