Nice words from Angelle (1 Viewer)

Jackie B.

Nitro Member
This is a copy of her blog on her my space page.

Display 10 15 25 50 Articles per page
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Thinking of Doug, and reminiscing with George

First and foremost I want to say that Doug Herbert and his family are in my thoughts and prayers. I can’t even imagine the pain they must be going through right now and I will continue to pray that God gives them the strength that they need to cope with their devastating loss. God Bless you, Doug, and if you need anything, I hope you know that we are all here for you.

Another pretty calm week for me has gone by. My mouth is healing quickly and I am about 75 percent back to normal now. The stitches were taken out on Wednesday and I can actually eat real food now, not just mush anymore. I still have to be careful and stay away from really crunchy things but I am doing much better now.

George, Jackie and Julie Bryce came over to my house this weekend because Jackie and Ju Ju went to the Hannah Montanna concert in New Orleans. It was so nice to have them visit my new home that I’ve been living in about four years now. They hadn’t seen it before and I was proud to show them what they helped me to accomplish, especially with what lines my staircase! George and I have been getting along so perfectly over the last few weeks, all we seem to do is laugh and cut up as we reminisce about the past and optimistically anticipate the future. After the concert George, Seth and I went to pick up my mom and dad then we went to Copeland’s to meet Jackie and Julie for dinner. Copeland’s is one of our famous New Orleans Cajun restaurants and is a very popular place to eat, which was evident because it took us an hour and a half to get a table. Although the wait was long, I really enjoyed it because it gave us time to hang out and enjoy each others company. My mom reminded all of us that night that we are back where we belong. That we are family and family should always be together. I held Julie the day she was born, now 10 years later she likes to compare her height to mine. She’s going to pass me up by mid season I am sure. My mom is right, they are my family and I am so thankful that God led us back to each other. I admit that at times I was happy to be on my own, but I didn’t realize what I was missing from these three wonderful people that honestly do love me for the person that I am, not just the racer, and always will for the rest of our lives.

I am flying to Vegas this morning with my mom, her sister Faye and my dad’s sister, Loretta. We are going to drive from there to Long Beach, Calif., to Bates Leathers for me to get fitted for my new set of leathers. The girls at Bates Leathers are custom designing the most awesome set of leathers you will ever lay your eyes on. Girls you are going to LOVE them. I am so excited about it and I just can’t wait to wear them! This will be my first year wearing Bates Leathers and I can already tell you that I am so pleased with the company. Dana and Dawn have been in constant contact with me about what I want done and are more than willing to go above and beyond what I would have ever expected to make me happy. Together we are designing the most girlish leathers you’ve ever seen. They actually have a whole different fit than the guys leathers. Dana and Dawn took into consideration the curves that girls have and made a whole different pattern for us. Thank you ladies for finally giving me the opportunity to race in something that was meant for a girl to wear! Don’t worry guys, they’ll make your leathers fit perfect, too.

After the fitting, we will drive back to Vegas for some fun and relaxation. It is going to be a trip to remember because these three crazy Cajun women that I am taking with me are going to make me laugh so hard that I will have six pack abs when we get back.

I am going to skip the Cajun jokes or recipes today and leave you with something that will hopefully help us all to find peace in our hearts and minds when tragedy hits. Once again, God Bless you Doug and I pray for you and your family to have strength.

I ONLY WANTED YOU
They say memories are golden
well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories,
I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you,
a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you
you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly,
In death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place
no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway
and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven
and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken,
and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one,
the chain will link again.
Author unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great post jackie. now that angelle is back with george i hope she has a great year and wins the championship! george and jackie are the best!!

Angelle,

please put your angel back on your helmet she will guide you and keep the rest of us knuckleheads in line.....I loved it in MapleGrove a few years ago, it worked then it should work now more than ever, we need angels everyday:):)

I tried to put a pic of your helmet with the Angel on it...
I"LL get it on

Last edited:
I have been talking with her on MySpace and she is an awesome person who took the time to reply to my message when I wished her luck this year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back