America's Drinking Laws (2 Viewers)

President George Bush is wiIIing to send US Armed Forces to their deaths in lraq and Afghanistan, the majority of the Army and Marines on the ground fighting the insurgents are approx 19 yrs of age.
John.

John,
Once again you missed the key point in your attempt to make the US look less than the greatest nation on the face of the earth.
Our military is 100% voluntary. There is no draft whatsoever and hasn't been for decades. Every last one of these valiant men and women have chosen this opportunity to serve in the undisputed greatest military force in the world to protect not only the USA but much of the world -- the UK included.

Almost every time you post another British jab at the USA I thank my lucky stars that OUR US forefathers had the courage, integrity and sense to throw that tea overboard in the Boston Harbor then kick what was left of your sorry butts back across the pond.

John...You are fighting an uphill battle here on this site....There are many talented/educated people here but most agree/follow everyone else as to be liked/accepted...
As much as I love USA the majority of people are very clueless to what is happening in business/public education/ and foreign policies/etc so they do not question much.
I for one enjoy your post(s) and agree w/ you...Keep it up...

Terry, Terry, Terry. Here we go again. So much in one sentence. I KNOW you're not saying that those who disagree with you are untalented/uneducated?

Then you pretend to know that "most agree/follow everyone else" and why they do? Do you just know this or did you conduct your own poll that I missed?

Instead of simply giving what you might think would be better REASONS for your beliefs, you instead choose to attack the people you disagree with. Do you think this doesn't make it appear that you know your reasons aren't better?

I don't have to pretend to know things about you to attack you. All I need are your own words. All this is supposed to make John feel better about having you by his side? :D

For some reason I just had an analogy pop into my head. Two people are in an engine build off. One guy comes up 10 horsepower short of the other guy, so he personally attacks him. You know what? He STILL loses!

Last edited:
Terry,

One of the wonderful things about THIS country is that you are FREE to leave at ANY time! I am sick and tired of you insulting the intelligence of the members and guests of this site. That is your constitutional right to do so, but it is also MY constitutional right to fire back!!! How dare you call ME a "follower"! I don't have to jump on any other individuals opinion to be, as you say............. "liked/accepted". #2- How dare you call ME........."Clueless"!!! I will be happy to question anything you say as far as business/public education/ and foreign policies / etc..............

When you post excrement like that, please be prepared to "Squeeze the Charmin". I happen to have a coupon for Charmin! I will be happy to send it to you. I for one would appreciate it if you do not speak for "Many, most or a majority" of us.

Remember..................you said you would work on your "delivery" of your responses!!! You promised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I'm glad someone else pays attention to the words, as well. As Elizabeth told Rosie, "Explain your own insinuations!"

Some states are bumping the age for driving to older ages, I think. I know my state has a graduated license program, which I got my license just before they instituted the program so I went from learner's permit to driver's license...
Thanks for the kind words Jenn, I live in California and at 15 1/2 kids can get their permits and can start driving with anyone over 25 years old. During that 6 month permit period we have to take lessons (4-6 1 hour long driving lessons) and once that course is completed and the 6-months are up were allowed to get our license, so the youngest anyone can be a licensed driver is on the day of their 16th birthday. The problem i have with this is that at 16 were not even allowed to buy a rated "R" movie ticket (you have to be 17 in Cali). So their letting kids who cant even watch a certain kind of movie drive on the streets? They try to place rules like for the first 6 months of having you license you cannot drive anyone under the age of 25 and for the first year your not allowed to drive past your city's curfew. Hardly anyone follows those rules...thats the ONLY age restricted rule that i seem to have a problem with. (sorry to sidetrack the thread with the driving issue...)

John, in your personal profile it says you are (and i quote) a "Retired Registered Nurse". Ok, so coming from a 19 year old male (me), kids my age do NOT know how much to drink and when to stop. Being a "Retired Registered Nurse" you should know what high amounts of alcohol does to a young persons undeveloped liver (like mine). Im not here to pick any bones with you, im just saying ive seen some things happen to friends who over drank just 1 night, got their stomach pumped and ruined their liver to a point that this certain individual was told by the doctors that she needs 3-5 years to let her liver fix itself before she consumes another alcoholic beverage. Read this article and tell me what you think after. If you dont want to read the whole article, this paragraph should make it clear for you...

25th paragraph - "Let’s take an example. If you are 35 years old and are driving with a BAC of .080-.099, your chances of being killed are four times greater than when you are sober. But if you are 19 years old and are driving with the same BAC (.080-.099), your chances of being killed are 44 times greater than when sober."

Heres a link to where i got that quote adn the rest of the article: Smashed - Alcohol, Breathalysers and You

Last edited:
John,
Once again you missed the key point in your attempt to make the US look less than the greatest nation on the face of the earth.
Our military is 100% voluntary. There is no draft whatsoever and hasn't been for decades. Every last one of these valiant men and women have chosen this opportunity to serve in the undisputed greatest military force in the world to protect not only the USA but much of the world -- the UK included.

Almost every time you post another British jab at the USA I thank my lucky stars that OUR US forefathers had the courage, integrity and sense to throw that tea overboard in the Boston Harbor then kick what was left of your sorry butts back across the pond.

Well said Bobby!!! :)

Well done John, make us Brits look like fools again.

I for one think the drinking age should be raised to 21 in the UK.

Have you been out in Gateshead/Newcastle on a Saturday night? I have and it is god awful. Blue bamboo had a riot, the McDonalds was shut as someone had smashed the windows.

This happens all over the UK, mainly on the weekend as people who are far to immature to drink and end up doing stupid stuff or getting in trouble. This country is going down the pan due to the goverments weak arm tactics to youngsters. I am only 23 but i can see what the hell is going on. If i drink i go to a quiet pub in my village.

I applaud the American way of life on this part. As for bringing the military into it, poor show!

On another note John, you slag the US on here but bum them to the hilt on Pistonheads? Are you confused of your feelings towards America?

PS, i hope you enjoyed the Main Event. I did see you a few times with your mask on but didnt know if you wanted to talk to me or if it was safe for me to approach you.

I saw some anti-war protestors set up in a college town in Connecticut today. I couldn't help thinking how ironic it was that wars and previous leaders sending people to their deaths, as you call it, GAVE them the ability to protest.

Were and are you as vocal about tyrants such as Saddam who have sent MANY more of their own citizens to their deaths, many being tortured and being forced to watch their family members being tortured along the way? How many people are STARVING in North Korea right now? How many of those people are sent to their deaths by their leader? Would you rather be shot, blown up, or starved to death?

Had our country not fought for it's independence from the countries that tried to control it when it did, who would have stopped Hitler and Japan? What flags might we all be flying today? Would we be able to sit here and do this without fearing for our lives and the lives of our families?

Don't you think it's kind of simple to complain about the negatives that are going to be in any policy, regardless of what might be a net saving of human life in the long run?

That would be like the anti-gun people complaing about an accidental shooting when concealed carry is voted in, ignoring lower net deaths due to fewer crimes being commited.

l agree that Saddam was a murdering dictator, but for America and the UK to go to war against him when he had no links to 911 or Al-Qaeda and no WMDs were ever found, speaks volumes.

Thousands of people are starving in North Korea, but if your country interferes in its internal affairs America will get more than it bargained for. North Korea has nuclear weapons and it only has to find the means of delivering them to Hawaii, l bet China is already helping North Korea to perfect it's ballistic missile system.

Don't forgot my country also fought against Hitler & Japan. Britain developed Radar which helped to win WWII and America developed the Atomic Bomb to end WWII.

John,

Militarly the US is the most powerful nation in the world. But the US does not protect the UK, we protect ourselves with the finest Royal Air Force, Royal Navy & Army service personnel fighting alongside our greatest allies the Yanks.

I for one think the drinking age should be raised to 21 in the UK.

Have you been out in Gateshead/Newcastle on a Saturday night? I have and it is god awful. Blue bamboo had a riot, the McDonalds was shut as someone had smashed the windows.

This happens all over the UK, mainly on the weekend as people who are far to immature to drink and end up doing stupid stuff or getting in trouble. This country is going down the pan due to the goverments weak arm tactics to youngsters. I am only 23 but i can see what the hell is going on. If i drink i go to a quiet pub in my village.

I applaud the American way of life on this part. As for bringing the military into it, poor show!

On another note John, you slag the US on here but bum them to the hilt on Pistonheads? Are you confused of your feelings towards America?

PS, i hope you enjoyed the Main Event. I did see you a few times with your mask on but didnt know if you wanted to talk to me or if it was safe for me to approach you.

Daniel, underneath the heading The Lounge it says:- Pull up a chair and let the BS fly! Well that's what l did.

l don't go into Gateshead/Newcastle any night of the week. l served as a Medic in the Royal Air Force for 11 yrs so l think l'm entitled to bring the military into it.

l really love America, l've been on vacation to the great country 14 times since 1978, mainly to see my friends in Youngstown, Ohio but also for the NHRA drag racing and the rollercoasters at Cedar Point!!!

l really enjoyed the Main Event. l walked past your pits once and recognised your dad's dragster, like you l didn't know if you wanted to talk to me or if it was safe for me to approach you.

I spent most of the Saturday on the bank with the fellow Nitromater/Pistonheads members so i wasnt at our pit a lot as we decided to sit out the weekend after some electrical gremlins. Nothing serious, just ££££'s to spend!

I am not a violent person John, i love a good debate. If you are attending the Euros come visit us all at the Bank.

I dont blame you for not visiting Newcastle/Gateshead in the evenings, its one of the scariest places i have been for a night out. It seems to be a popular Stag night venue though, hence my visit there.

Not directing an attack at your hometown, it's the same everywhere these days. Big attitudes with booze is always a bad combination.

You also have to realise comments on your posts are not intended at you personally, i just think sometimes you fail to think before typing. We are all guilty of this now and again though.

Dan

Not to send the topic into the stratosphere, but by occupation the insurance industry rates the safest drivers as farmers. Now I don't have any hard stats to back me up, but I wager kids on a farm have far more driving experience by the age of 16 than many people do by the time they get to college, and that experience would be on a variety of powered and dangerous vehicles.

My general conclusion is that kids should start operating powered vehicles at an early age so the "thrill" wears off under supervision and the experience they gain becomes second nature instead of "learned".

Militarly the US is the most powerful nation in the world. But the US does not protect the UK, we protect ourselves with the finest Royal Air Force, Royal Navy & Army service personnel fighting alongside our greatest allies the Yanks.

Once the Muslim extremists start the Suicide bombings in the UK as they do in Israel, you guys are up a Creek! The UK has allowed such a strong anti-West Muslim community take hold in London. Once those guys get mad the UK will be on it's Knees, and the US will have to bail you out!

Don't worry Daniel... most folks don't judge everyone by the actions of one.

Can you explain slag and bum please?

Once the Muslim extremists start the Suicide bombings in the UK as they do in Israel, you guys are up a Creek! The UK has allowed such a strong anti-West Muslim community take hold in London. Once those guys get mad the UK will be on it's Knees, and the US will have to bail you out!

The Luftwaffe couldn't bring England to it's knees during the Battle Of Britain in 1941. So these extremists won't either. We can defend our own country without the help of the USA.

The Luftwaffe couldn't bring England to it's knees during the Battle Of Britain in 1941. So these extremists won't either. We can defend our own country without the help of the USA.

You won't be fighting a war like the Battle of Britain in 1941. You'll be fighting a war like we are in Iraq. Good luck with that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back