All Access Atlanta (1 Viewer)

none

Nitro Member
NHRA is doing an All Access Weekend package this weekend. The cost is $9.95 for the weekend. If you decide to sign up for the year the $9.95 will count toward your annual fee.

And if you're going to complain that the price is too high I don't want to hear it. A beer at the bar is $5 and a 12 pack is $11. if you want the discount buy in bulk.

http://www.nhraallaccess.com/

Alan

Well, some folks claim they've been waiting for this "try before you buy" deal.

'Course, if they don't see it 'til later, will they want a pro-rata discount"

NHRA is doing an All Access Weekend package this weekend. The cost is $9.95 for the weekend. If you decide to sign up for the year the $9.95 will count toward your annual fee.

And if you're going to complain that the price is too high I don't want to hear it. A beer at the bar is $5 and a 12 pack is $11. if you want the discount buy in bulk.

http://www.nhraallaccess.com/

Alan

Its ok,the sound of the cars is horrible,announcer is to loud,should be just the opposite,cars loud,announcer lower and alan sorry,but it seems like you talk to much lol. Would be nice to hear the cars going down the track,not the announcer...

Jeremy, I think you have some unrealistic expectations. It's very hard to get good audio quality when you're dealing with decibel levels that are as high as there are at a drag strip. We all know there is a huge difference between seeing/hearing nitro in person and seeing/hearing it on TV. It's not as easy as "they should turn the audio for the cars up." As for Alan talking, he's giving the play by play which is no different than what the announcers do in all the other sports.

You don't like the Fox Sports coverage and you're not too happy with the All Access coverage either. I'm not sure how old you are, but I grew up having to wait weeks to watch the Diamond P coverage of a race, or for the National Dragster to arrive so I could READ about the sportsman results from a race. Now I can pull up my laptop, or phone, or browser on my TV and watch every class at the event all real time for only $4.17 per race. It seems like you'll only be happy once NHRA figures out a way to instantly teleport you from your couch to a reserved seat of your choice at the track and only if they do it for free.

I for one, don't take this live streaming coverage for granted, and I'm very happy to have it at a MORE than reasonable price.

Jeremy, I think you have some unrealistic expectations. It's very hard to get good audio quality when you're dealing with decibel levels that are as high as there are at a drag strip. We all know there is a huge difference between seeing/hearing nitro in person and seeing/hearing it on TV. It's not as easy as "they should turn the audio for the cars up." As for Alan talking, he's giving the play by play which is no different than what the announcers do in all the other sports.

You don't like the Fox Sports coverage and you're not too happy with the All Access coverage either. I'm not sure how old you are, but I grew up having to wait weeks to watch the Diamond P coverage of a race, or for the National Dragster to arrive so I could READ about the sportsman results from a race. Now I can pull up my laptop, or phone, or browser on my TV and watch every class at the event all real time for only $4.17 per race. It seems like you'll only be happy once NHRA figures out a way to instantly teleport you from your couch to a reserved seat of your choice at the track and only if they do it for free.

I for one, don't take this live streaming coverage for granted, and I'm very happy to have it at a MORE than reasonable price.
The diamond p days are over,its in the past,today is totally diffrent,they could get the sound more like on fs1. Alot of times it freezes,its not my internet or computer,tried diffrent ways. Im really glad they did this 9.95 deal,saved me 90.00. Want me to be happy,put it back on espn with better times. Seemed like Other announcers didnt talk as much? just saying and not picking. Pro mods sounded better for some reason tonight. And im willing to pay whatever,just get it right,I know it cant be perfect. Not looking for a free handout on my couch.

Last edited:
I like this idea, but unfortunately my schedule for the weekend very crowded and I would not have the opportunity to enjoy it. Hoping they do it again.

I for one think that All Access is a home run, much like Bangshift's coverage of events has been a home run for years, and all the haters who have got absolutely nothing positive to add to the conversation are simply chronic complainers who come here seeking the company of their fellow miserables... And God knows there are plenty of them around these parts...

I did like espn3 coverage. And no not bc it was free. I would actually pay more if it were better on all access. It just seems like it could be alot better in some parts. Im grateful they let us try for a single event. When your a customer of anything you have the right to say your opinion of it. Maybe it will get better saturday or sunday? I did like the sound of the pro mods last session friday,they changed something about it!

I tried it at work today. Didn't expect much with the sound through 1 ear bud to the laptop and one headset for the phone in the pther. Besides a few times the video went out not bad. Got to see some of the classes I enjoy(I am one of those that watch for the sportsman classes) Way to busy at the moment to invest for a full year but once things settle down I will look at buying the year package.

All Access is "Awesome" There are glitches and improvements to be made with anything new. "I think" it's better then anything we've had so far.
Three full days of coverage, what more can you ask for?
Loving it.
Arlene and the crew!

Sign up for the whole year before the Houston race. Went back to the start of the year and watch at least parts of every race. My 2 cents, (the good)every track is a little different, but for the most part the video and pictures have been great, like that they do the reaction time ,e.t. and speed at the end of the run. (The bad) the audio is horrible, ( Pomona you could hardly here the nitro cars) besides that the announcers have a bad habit of talking while the cars are running down the track. I know tv is not gonna do the sound justice, but more times than not you can't here the cars because of the announcers. I know these guys are track announcers, if your at the track you can not here them while the cars are running, it just the opposite on tv. After all, are not the cars suppose to be the stars of the show? Hopefully this will improve.

Sign up for the whole year before the Houston race. Went back to the start of the year and watch at least parts of every race. My 2 cents, (the good)every track is a little different, but for the most part the video and pictures have been great, like that they do the reaction time ,e.t. and speed at the end of the run. (The bad) the audio is horrible, ( Pomona you could hardly here the nitro cars) besides that the announcers have a bad habit of talking while the cars are running down the track. I know tv is not gonna do the sound justice, but more times than not you can't here the cars because of the announcers. I know these guys are track announcers, if your at the track you can not here them while the cars are running, it just the opposite on tv. After all, are not the cars suppose to be the stars of the show? Hopefully this will improve.
Yes i agree the announcers are annoying as the old geico loud mouths used to be lol. We need that low talker lady from seinfeld to be the announcer,that would be perfect! Lol

I'd mentioned on other threads how excited I was about All Access but was really hoping that they would speed up their on demand upload times as it's unrealistic for me, a father of two young ones, to be able to catch everything live.

I did bite the bullet and purchased the season last night in time for night qualifying and I have no idea what everyone is complaining about. For a NEW live product I'm fairly impressed. For the most part I'll still be at the mercy of their upload times for on demand but I don't regret it.

Keep in mind, I'm in Canada and here on the west coast we don't have FS1 and TSN no longer carries the races. As well, Kman on YouTube is no longer able to upload the FS1 feed. So really, if I want to watch the sport I've grown up with and followed religiously for the past 20+ years, this is my only option.

So far the 1st session saturday sounds much better! Can hear the cars a little better and announcers not as loud! Not to bad today so far!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back