Al Unser, Jr - "Drag Racing" NOT (1 Viewer)

Not the first time AL has been in touble with the law

Al Unser Jr. MUG SHOT | The Smoking Gun

alunsermug1.jpg

"Drag racing" was also shown on the SportsCenter ticker. When your flagship network refers to street racing this way, you have NO chance for growth.

And how many of you e-mailed the Associated Press and asked them to correct the mistake?? The Ap has done this in the past,and they are usually pretty good about it.

I will say that I did write them,but ALL of you need to do the same.Be cordial and tell them there IS a difference!!

Since I live in Albuq. And Know Little Al as we always called him. He was racing somebody on Coors Rd. Which is a 4 lane road at 3AM in his suburban going over 100 mph! Didn't catch what his BA level was, but this is gonna cost him!

Since I live in Albuq. And Know Little Al as we always called him. He was racing somebody on Coors Rd. Which is a 4 lane road at 3AM in his suburban going over 100 mph! Didn't catch what his BA level was, but this is gonna cost him!

He was fortunate it didn't cost him his life! :confused: or an innocent person..

He must not know much about drag racing or he would have chosen something other than a Suburban. :rolleyes:

like a prius

you were drag racing in a prius?

from horrible bosses.
funny movie

al, grow up.

WHY was it called DRAG RACING before any commercial strips existed ??
Or has PC gone wild....... ?:p

I wrote to AP the minute I read this, informing them this was not drag racing, but rather illegal street racing, and explained the difference.

I've been doing this for years to various news media....probably without result, but I feel we all have to try. Remember almost all these reporters are stick/ball guys and know nothing about drag racing. We just get one educated and they retire, so we have to constantly correct them. Never give up!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back