Aftermarket Firm Tries To Capitalize on Vegas Fatality (1 Viewer)

I think in Eric's case, it was a case of unbelievable harmonics that led to his fatality. That's what led to JFR redesigning the chassis, including widening the cage and adding more padding all the way around the inside of the cage.

Lot of passion directed to many of the wrong people. What percentage of people who read the Mater strap into a race car? My guess is not many, as it's mostly fans here. And the few pros on here all wear them. Carry this to the people at ClassRacer or YellowBullet or ... They are the ones not wearing them.

But more to the point, did I miss something? Is there a post here where someone said "what poop, they don't work and are just a way to take my money"? So much preaching to the choir.

Finally, I just ask you all to consider the family. Were they pushing for more safety? Did they approve this release? For a company to use my dead loved ones name to make a point, any point, within less than a month is tasteless. Heck we fly the flag at half mast for a month...

For a company to use my dead loved ones name to make a point, any point, within less than a month is tasteless. Heck we fly the flag at half mast for a month...

If one of my loved ones died in a race car crash, and he or she could have possibly survived had they been wearing a HANS device, I not only would have supported the HANS company talking about it, I would have paid for the press release.

This is the kind of information that needs to get in racers' hands, and in their minds, NOW. The devil with the PC and the hurt feelings. Get the information out there.

If one of my loved ones died in a race car crash, and he or she could have possibly survived had they been wearing a HANS device, I not only would have supported the HANS company talking about it, I would have paid for the press release.

This is the kind of information that needs to get in racers' hands, and in their minds, NOW. The devil with the PC and the hurt feelings. Get the information out there.

That's precisely my point. Get the family involved or wait a reasonable time. It appears they did neither.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back