Derek Sanchez R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
S/G racer Derek Sanchez passed this morning from his injuries during competition at The Strip at LVMS this past weekend.

From DRR yesterday:

Please let everyone know that The Drag Racers Benevolent Fund is taking donations for Derek Sanchez and his family. Derek was significantly injured last weekend during a super gas race in Las Vegas. I do not have any medical details on his condition other than he is in serious condition.

Please pray for him, his family and the recovery of all his injuries.

If you could donate please find a way to do so. I can only imagine what their needs may be in the future.

I have a PayPal account set up for our foundation. All funds stipulated for Derek will go directly to him. We are a 501 (c)(3) charity.

To donate via PayPal send money to: [email protected] (please note for Derek Sanchez)
PayPal takes credit cards or debit cards and it is very easy and simple to do.

To Donate over the phone: Call Tammy @ 972-937-4336 (Ellis County Auto)

To Donate By Mail: Make Checks Payable to The Drag Racers Benevolent Fund in Care of Derek Sanchez and send to 3643 N Hwy. 77 Waxahachie, Texas 75165

Craig Anderson
[email protected]

Martin, thanks for posting this.

Paul, got loose about 1000 foot and hit the wall. Just what I saw.

:( Condolences to his family and friends.

I was watching Comp and when it finished, S/G was next. I left the stands at that point and but a few minutes later, I heard the incident being talked about on the p.a. system.

Last edited:
Derek Sanchez grew up racing here in Albuquerque racing at ABQ Dragway in the 90's! Soon after he started racing in Denver, Dallas, Phoenix, etc... he drove Jim Hughes'. 57 Chevy in SC and other cars. He relocated to Yuma, Az some years back and lost touch with him! Godspeed!

Joe, he's been back to ABQ a couple times. The services are supposed to be here in ABQ.

Service for Derek will be in Albuquerque on April 19th at 9.30am at Risen Savior Chatholic Church 7701 Wyoming Blvd NE. Burial to follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery next to the church. Reception to follow the burial at the church. The Park at the Inn by Raddison has a special room rate for $79.00 a night if you mention Sanchez Funeral(505-888-3311).

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back