A Toyota in Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

im all for the toyota bodies. hopfully not engines. i can see it now - theyll get a weight break, fuel injection ect ect ect, just like how the susukis got new rules just to beat the harleys, thankfully that didnt happen. keep it american powered and who cares what bodies they put out there.

They made a home run when they copied a 30 year old Chevy six (Land Cruiser) to help build their current empire. Let them build a motor.
I'd say that within the current NHRA pro stock rules, nobody is going to produce a piece that will turn pro stock on it's ear. The technology is pretty "mature" at this point.

But you make a good point, the geniuses in Glendora will probably just give it away.

If Toyota wants in, I'am sure NHRA will welcome them w/ open arms. Nascar is letting them in. NHRA wants so bad to be like Nascar, they will let them in . NHRA is doing their best monkey see, monkey do routine just like the points system they copied from Nascar. Nothing is sacred anymore. Toyota wants ALL the market they can snare, and now their sites are on American motorspoprts. I personally hope they never compete in NHRA P/S.

im all for the toyota bodies. hopfully not engines. i can see it now - theyll get a weight break, fuel injection ect ect ect, just like how the susukis got new rules just to beat the harleys, thankfully that didnt happen. keep it american powered and who cares what bodies they put out there.

Actually the Harley's were given many breaks to finally be competitive with the in-lines. But that's a whole different story. I say if Toyota can build a motor to current Pro Stock specs, then let 'em. Any class whose rules keep out different manufacturers will get extremely stale after a while. Oh... just like Pro Stock is now. :eek:

Then post #31 wasn't about a Toyota beating the KB cars?

Who's money are you talking about if not Toyota's?

No Toyota's now?

Huh?
Sure it was(#31) about Toyota beating the Ken Black cars.

I'm not following you about "Who's money"

I don't care if Toyota goes P/S racing or not, but come to think of it...if they do. My bet would be on Ken Black Racing, carrying the Toyota flag. Who else would they choose?

Sure it was(#31) about Toyota beating the Ken Black cars.

I'm not following you about "Who's money"

I don't care if Toyota goes P/S racing or not, but come to think of it...if they do. My bet would be on Ken Black Racing, carrying the Toyota flag. Who else would they choose?

A darn good observation, Tony. With generous infusions of money, (In addition to what they already get.) the KB juggernaut could turn into a true Pro Stock steamroller. Greg and Jason could draw straws on who'd be one and two, and the rest of the teams could gnaw on what's left of the carcass..

230 illegal aliens at one plant here in minnesota. Thats alot of people to try and replace!!

They have been trying to deal with ILLEGAL immigration since the Reagan administration. Nobody wants to touch that political hot potatoe cause our political leaders have no balls.
If they would have taken care of this instead of back pedaling this would have never happened!
They were here illegally and some stole Americans identification to steal jobs and some think it's not a problem....

They have been trying to deal with ILLEGAL immigration since the Reagan administration. Nobody wants to touch that political hot potatoe cause our political leaders have no balls.
If they would have taken care of this instead of back pedaling this would have never happened!
They were here illegally and some stole Americans identification to steal jobs and some think it's not a problem....
Some clown on the radio today says, what the problem they use somes id. they are paying taxes, just in someone elses name. If the politicians send them all back, who will clean they're houses??? LOL

I say if Toyota can build a motor to current Pro Stock specs, then let 'em. Any class whose rules keep out different manufacturers will get extremely stale after a while. Oh... just like Pro Stock is now. :eek:

Excellent point. Pro Stock (car) isn't near as popular as it used to be. With the lack of competitive Fords, and all the turmoil and controversary that has plagued the Mopar program, the class has lacked any significant outside interest. There's no buzz on the street about Pro Stock, and hasn't been in a long time.

Is there anything less interesting than Pro Stok Bike??? Watch the grandstands when the class begins...if it's in qualifying, very few people are there. If it's in eliminations, watch the droves of people leaving the stands. The only upside I see to the class is the money it brings NHRA and the participating teams. From the look of the grandstands, there aren't many drag racing fans that care to watch them make a pass. At some point the sponsors of the class will begin noticing that the awareness generated by the class is minimal, and that any real return on investment would be hard for them to realize. I'm at a loss why any company would invest heavily in sponsoring that class. There are just as many people in the stands for Super Stock and Super Gas as there are for the bikes...and you could sponsor 10 sportsman teams for the price of one bike team.

The Suzukis got a weight break to beat the HARLEYS????????!!!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me?

I thought the Suzuki's got some sort of motor concession...like more cc's? It's difficult to remember who gets what in this class....it's soooooo interesting.....

Some clown on the radio today says, what the problem they use somes id. they are paying taxes, just in someone elses name. If the politicians send them all back, who will clean they're houses??? LOL

Will that increase the persons Social Security contribution and does the person get a better tax return?
The answer is no the government just gets richer..........:cool:

I hear ya Kelly. ;)

Great point!!! Hasn't Harley won the last several championships? I don't think Suzuki has won anything since they had some real competition in the class...

Read the rule book and see what distinct advantages that the twins get. Harley couldn't make a competitive road racer and the AMA refused to bend the rules to suit them. So they shopped around and found a sanctioning body that would. I love the in-lines, but I'm also glad that the rules were changed to allow more than one engine combination. Otherwise the class would really be dead. It is much better seeing a class sprinkled with different combinations even if you hate them.

I don' think G.A. would be ready to dump his whole engine program & saddle up in a Camry just for the $$. He didn't jump on the DRCE 3 when it became available. They're taking their time with it and and are doing more developement work on it this off season. A brand new engine combination will not be competitive overnight. Toyota's megabucks will not just buy a championship. I don't see KB racing giving up championship contention for a season or two just for the money.

I don' think G.A. would be ready to dump his whole engine program & saddle up in a Camry just for the $$. He didn't jump on the DRCE 3 when it became available. They're taking their time with it and and are doing more developement work on it this off season. A brand new engine combination will not be competitive overnight. Toyota's megabucks will not just buy a championship. I don't see KB racing giving up championship contention for a season or two just for the money.

excellent post. kb racing has spent a lot of time and effort into the drce3 . greg and jason will be running the 3 right out of the box in pomona. it will take time to make it work on the track. making a body work on the track also takes time. my moneys on seeing g.a and jason back in those geourgeous GTOS in 07 and beyond, and hopefully continue to win with the drce3! :D

Hey folks, don't be so sure of yourselves. The $$$$$ was right for Roger Penske, and a handfull of NASCAR teams. They didn't have a problem making the switch. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back