Toyota Prostock??? (1 Viewer)

No riceburners in Pro Stock.

The Camry is a "Bourbon Burner" ... built in Georgetown, Kentucky, USA from mostly domestically sourced parts!!!

What do you consider the Mopar Pro Stockers Jackee? "Maple Syrup Burners" since the Stratus is built in Canada? Or "Kraut Burners" since Mopar is owned by der Deutchslanders?

I say let 'em all in. There are no domestic cars anymore, there are no foreign cars either. There are basically only 5 or 6 car companies in the world, they build and badge 'em as they please and as it suits their whims. If Toyota, BMW or Ferrari want to build a Pro Stocker who the hell should tell them "no"?

If Toyota gets involved in drag racing it will raise the financial bar to the highest shelf.....Their unlimited budget would ruin/alter an already shrinking class..

I liked it when NHRA only allowed domestic F/C bodies to compete but that rule changed.

Toyota loves to prove that they are superior to any American auto manufacturer....

I would like to see em keep it simple so more P/S racers like Gordy Riveria
(sp ck?) and other part-timers would come out more...

The Camry is a "Bourbon Burner" ... built in Georgetown, Kentucky, USA from mostly domestically sourced parts!!! ...
You might want to check your facts on that "mostly domestically sourced parts" issue!! Toyota has been taking a beating lately for the actually number of parts that are domestically produced on their U.S. built vehicles.

How is Toyota going to meet the rules that requires that the cylinder heads and block must be production pieces with factory parts numbers, available to the general public... where is the market for Toyota big block motors that they would even begin to venture into this deal? The GM DRCE stuff is the cornerstone of most sportsman racing with the technology that has filtered down from the Pro Stock guys. Where is the trickle down for Toyota, especially since parts won't be widely available to the broader sportsman market?

The Camry is a "Bourbon Burner" ... built in Georgetown, Kentucky, USA from mostly domestically sourced parts!!!

What do you consider the Mopar Pro Stockers Jackee? "Maple Syrup Burners" since the Stratus is built in Canada? Or "Kraut Burners" since Mopar is owned by der Deutchslanders?

I say let 'em all in. There are no domestic cars anymore, there are no foreign cars either. There are basically only 5 or 6 car companies in the world, they build and badge 'em as they please and as it suits their whims. If Toyota, BMW or Ferrari want to build a Pro Stocker who the hell should tell them "no"?

If that works for you, fine. It doesn't work for me. Just call me an 'old' ProStockJunkie.

Okay, maybe it's me... right now Pro Stock is MoPar vs Chebby vs Poncho... and I was going to say that the cars should be powered by a motor based on what's avlb. for the body run, but heck, Grump ran a mouse motor in his vega so that's out... however, I'd like to see FoMoCo, Toy-yoda, Dat-Soon., (Nissan) Dihatsu, BMW, MB, Volvo and even SAAB in Pro Stock... what the heck, spec a motor and head thingy like the fuel cars and have at it... not like I could buy a GM with a DRCE3 in it...

just my $125 or so for three days plus food and gas:D

Let's see, we got your kraut burners and your rice burners and your tequila burners - where are the moonshine burners? Oh, yeah, they are running in Pro Mod...:D :D

Let's see, we got your kraut burners and your rice burners and your tequila burners - where are the moonshine burners? Oh, yeah, they are running in Pro Mod...:D :D

Larry that's funny....but not so true, you had that good Noo Yawker Mike Ashley in Pro Mod and what about those Sunny Southern Cal folks Jay and Shelly Payne. And then there are all those Canadians Ay who get help from Al Billies (sorry about the spelling of his name).

Getting back to the Fuel Injection for a moment, I think eight Injector stacks sticking through the hood would be absolutely killer! And it would not look as foolish as the monster hood scoops currently in use.

No riceburners in Pro Stock.

"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress." --

Ummmm, OK

As to the power level with FI vs Carbs, the benefit is in response time off the shift, and acceleration, not peak HP

Personally, I think PS is so stagnant in most ways that any major change/jolt to the class would be good.

First, I agree with Jackee! On second thought. If they can build a motor with carbs and qualify, Let them try to compete. Rice don't run without NITROUS OR TURBOS! Next thing you know, they will have Pro Stockers going down the track with mufflers the size of cannons sticking out the back.

Gary Lum.... please check your PMs. I received an email stating that you replied to one of my posts.... however, I don't see it in this thread. :confused: :confused: :confused:

How about a Volvo Pro Stock car?

jan_palmqvist_07.jpg

jan_palmqvist_02.jpg

jan_palmqvist_05.jpg

All photos by Sharkman: www.topendtales.com

Using 500ci Pro stock chevy motor due to a loophole of Volvo using a GM marine block at some point.

Also there is a Mercedes pro stock car being built over in Europe with Dodge power due to the Daimler/Chrysler connection.

Dan

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back