2021 schedule (1 Viewer)

One thing I think they should do if they keep the two day pro show is to run Friday/Saturday instead especially in September and October. NHRA ratings drop quite a bit as soon as they match up against the NFL. By running the finals on Saturday and even better Saturday night it would create a better show. Plus it gives you Sunday if weather is an issue.

One thing I think they should do if they keep the two day pro show is to run Friday/Saturday instead especially in September and October. NHRA ratings drop quite a bit as soon as they match up against the NFL. By running the finals on Saturday and even better Saturday night it would create a better show. Plus it gives you Sunday if weather is an issue.

Sure the NFL is bigger, but Saturday nights that time of year is usually some big college Football matchup. Unless they switch to running the finals on Tues or Wed, they will always drop numbers once football season starts.

Although with the massive drop in ratings that the major 4 sports have seen, it will be interesting to see if that continues into next year or if it is just a one season covid/elecetion/politics anomaly.

Let the teams have their test sessions on Fridays instead of Mondays, in front of the fans. Friday qualifying is always better than Saturday, where we see tons of smoke as the teams who are in experiment. I would hate to lose Friday nights, but understand the reasons we might have to.
i like the idea. a 2-3 hour session on fridays as an optional test session to pro teams. pit spaces reserved based on points. if you tow in on friday, but 2/3 your class is already there testing, your
pit space/s will be there waiting for you. monday testing optional at discretion of rules and teams paying to rent track.

Just a couple thoughts...

If you offer a couple test hits on Friday, are the teams that don't have a budget for test sessions at a further disadvantage on that track surface?

I believe many teams that do test prefer the Monday after due to the track being quite similar to race conditions, after all the cars have run all weekend.

Regarding pit spaces, that planning and layout begins Sun/Monday/Tuesday of the race weekend. I don't think you would find any racer/crew that would be in favor of anything that would further complicate/slow down the pit parking process.

actually, lets not get ahead of ourselves. actually i think it sucks that nitro teams are looking at most nat. events next year with 2 Q passes

It's hard to believe that the street racers on the TV shows are racing for a $16,000 dollar prize and the Pro Stock guys are racing for a $6,000 prize!

What a strange turn of events.

Jim Hill

2021 US Nationals cut short again. I had tickets to the 2020 US Nationals but when they decided to cut it short by 2 days I pushed the tickets back to 2021. Now I find out they are not racing on Monday. I bought full packages and I would expect racing all days. I want to know what NHRA will do with the shortened schedule for that weekend. I would expect a refund for two of the tickets I had previously bought for Monday at that event.

2021 US Nationals cut short again. I had tickets to the 2020 US Nationals but when they decided to cut it short by 2 days I pushed the tickets back to 2021. Now I find out they are not racing on Monday. I bought full packages and I would expect racing all days. I want to know what NHRA will do with the shortened schedule for that weekend. I would expect a refund for two of the tickets I had previously bought for Monday at that event.
I had TEC tickets bought for Indy, and they adjusted the price for the reduced days. For me it's more of a bummer that one of the oldest traditions in our sport, that being Finals on Labor Day, has been eliminated due to this pandemic. Having said that, maybe this will be part of a "less is more" approach to the schedule as we come out the other side of this.

I would have hoped with Camping World as the new sponsor the qualifying and purses would go back to 4 qualifying runs and increased purses. The qualifying has stayed at 2 days and who knows what the purses are. I am glad to see Camping World as the new sponsor, they have a lot of money to spend. They are sponsor of the baseball World Series which had to cost a bundle. I hope NHRA did not just settle to get a series sponsor without it being better than Coca Cola.

I would have hoped with Camping World as the new sponsor the qualifying and purses would go back to 4 qualifying runs and increased purses. The qualifying has stayed at 2 days and who knows what the purses are. I am glad to see Camping World as the new sponsor, they have a lot of money to spend. They are sponsor of the baseball World Series which had to cost a bundle. I hope NHRA did not just settle to get a series sponsor without it being better than Coca Cola.

They might be just trying to get this season over with and then announce changes for next year. Remember, This year was a Total $hit Show!

.......... I hope NHRA did not just settle to get a series sponsor without it being better than Coca Cola.
CW is not nhra's new series sponsor because they like drag racing. CW bought nhra's series rites because nhra is struggling and needs help. my best guess would be nhra sold the series sponsor
to CW either at same level as mello yello, or below it. lemonis is not in the business of overpaying for acquisitions.

CW is not nhra's new series sponsor because they like drag racing. CW bought nhra's series rites because nhra is struggling and needs help. my best guess would be nhra sold the series sponsor
to CW either at same level as mello yello, or below it. lemonis is not in the business of overpaying for acquisitions.

It appears Camping World made the first move?

^^ This is my exact thought on this matter. Similar to the situation when Coke swooped in during a weak NHRA moment when Winston was forced to leave.

It appears Camping World made the first move?
mark, i'll give you a $1000 for your watch, but you've got 1 minute to decide. do you want my $1000 or not? you know the watch is worth at least $1200, but haven't had any offers lately,
and i'm standing in front of you with cash.......am i being an opportunist? and do you want to hold out for a better offer, or just sell at a fair price?

Last edited:
Teams are going to find a tuff market out there to maintain sponsorship at pre 2020 levels. The 2 day pro events will help them stay out there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back