No Night Session Saturday at Indy? (1 Viewer)

It's usually Friday and Saturday night. I wasn't planning on going to Indy this year as I have Metallica tickets in Madison on Sunday. No night qualifing will allow me to easily go down and get back to Chicago on Saturday.

Last edited:
Do I see the schedule right? No Saturday night session? Big go? No, big mistake. WTH?
Yeah I looked at the schedule a few weeks ago and I'd swore it said there was a night session for Saturday and now it doesn't.

With the change in track prep, it may not a bad idea to limit it to one night session from a competition stand point. I know some teams and drivers don't like the night sessions.

It's usually Friday and Saturday night. I wasn't planning on going to Indy this year as I have Metallica tickets in Madison on Sunday. No night qualifing will allow me to easily go down and get back to Chicago on Saturday.
Man, that sounds like an action-packed weekend! Jealous!

It may not matter. Weather forecast per the weather channel has a decent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. We may still get some night qualifying if it rains during the day.

I am betting the schedule change is related to the current weather forecast because there is usually a Saturday night session.

Guess I dont have the endurance to stay up that late any more with heart problems etc. stayed there many nights till 11 or so, just dont have it in me any longer.

Just a thought on the whole Night Qualifying issue from the racer's position.

Most of the year, that night pass basically sets the field for race day. The daytime conditions the following day are often much worse and there is usually a lot of smoke and shake for those who are still trying to get up the ladder.

When there were a lot more cars, it was even worse for the heavy hitters who messed up in the night session and struggled to even qualify the next day.

My opinion: Either have daylight sessions only or run night sessions both days.

Night sessions are hard on the crews. Might not leave track until midnight then time to get to hotel, clean up etc.

Then get up early for next days qualifying. Unload car, prep for next run. That assumes no major repair/problems.

Fans only problem is traffic delays leaving parking lot.

It may not matter. Weather forecast per the weather channel has a decent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. We may still get some night qualifying if it rains during the day.

you better look again! Almost perfect weather for the entire event, a little warm but not too bad!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back