Saturday NIGHT Qualifying at the Mile High's (1 Viewer)

BSquared

Nitro Member
Great news for fans, crew chiefs will probably not be stoked about it

BIG NEWS! Night Nitro Sessions on Friday and Saturday of the 2009 Mopar Mile-High Nationals!!

For the first time, Bandimere Speedway will feature the famous night qualifying on ‘the mountain’ on both Friday and Saturday nights at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals. These 8 pm qualifying sessions feature header flames reaching towards heaven, as well as the quickest elapsed times in the cooling evening air. Tickets for the event are available now online, via the phone, or in person at the track. Will you be at this historic qualifying session?

BIG NEWS! Night Nitro Sessions on Friday and Saturday of the 2009 Mopar Mile-High Nationals!!

For the first time, Bandimere Speedway will feature the famous night qualifying on ‘the mountain’ on both Friday and Saturday nights at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals. These 8 pm qualifying sessions feature header flames reaching towards heaven, as well as the quickest elapsed times in the cooling evening air. Tickets for the event are available now online, via the phone, or in person at the track. Will you be at this historic qualifying session?

That is great news, I sure wish NHRA or John Bandimere didn't eliminate the Alky classes like they did. Sure made it a better race to attend.

That is great news, I sure wish NHRA or John Bandimere didn't eliminate the Alky classes like they did. Sure made it a better race to attend.

I think its more a space issue then anything, just no room to put all the classes. I agree though...much better with the alky classes there.

I think its more a space issue then anything, just no room to put all the classes. I agree though...much better with the alky classes there.

There is always room "IF" you could get rid of the city blocks that the fuel cars take up 1 car should equal 1 trailer

yes. I will be there. Looks like that will be a midnight end of day for me those nights. Oh well. I am a glutton for punishment. Looking forward to it.

Why yes; yes I will be there! At 8pm it's still pretty light outside though - but still should be a good show for the race fans. Hopefully that will allow for bigger afternoon shadows across the mountain and let the track cool down a bit - because it's usually in the upper 90's all day.

I'm wondering if they are doing this to increase attendance for Saturday. Friday is always packed and Saturday has a good crowd but it's not as full.

similar to a youtube video sometime ago of hot air balloon at indy;
see cars make run, then delayed sound.

there's a road that comes up backside of mountain (red rocks side) that
has viewing point of bandimere (north of track)......tell me that wouldn't be a
cool 'cheap seat' viewing point for nite qualifying!?

there's a road that comes up backside of mountain (red rocks side) that
has viewing point of bandimere (north of track)......tell me that wouldn't be a
cool 'cheap seat' viewing point for nite qualifying!?
it is. It is also a great place to get bit in the a$$ by a rattlesnake!

I think this is a good decision by the powers that be. I'm sure ticket sales will be a little slow because of the economy so I think this will help a little. Saturday can be a pretty long day in the sun after staying up late on Friday night so anything they can do to give the spectators a chance to get more sleep plus not have to be out in the sun for as many hours will only help.

On a side note, I guess Bob Frey will have to wait until Sunday to give Connie Kalitta a hard time for wearing shorts! It cracks me up every year when Bob informs the crowd that some folks just shouldn't be wearing shorts as Connie walks up and down the lanes before a run. :D

There is always room "IF" you could get rid of the city blocks that the fuel cars take up 1 car should equal 1 trailer

I remember a time when most funny cars arrived on the back of a rollback truck ,and dragsters arrived in a tight trailer. Then somewhere along this long road to the 2009. We do have teams taking up bit more space.
But its a much nicer life for them and the crews. Too bad it cost the alky
guys any space at all.
Very good chance for fans to see night racing with both Friday and Saturday
events. In case fans can not make it on Friday. Also good for crew chiefs to make the field if they mees up tune on Friday.

Also good for crew chiefs to make the field if they mees up tune on Friday.

This is what I was looking for.

Do you think the crew chiefs will like it or be frustrated by it? I agree with your point above, good chance to get in, but the 12 car field after Friday addressed this. I think its one less run in the heat for crew chiefs to tune before Sunday on a tricky track.

Now, dont get me wrong as a fan I think this is great news. I know I will have several more companions along with me when they dont have to be at the track with me at 10 am and spend the day in the Colorado July heat to see a bunch of tire smoke and 600 foot runs.

I think they will hate it. Late Sat night then early Sunday activities will run crew guys ragged........:mad:
Show for the fans will be awsome though :)

This is what I was looking for.

Do you think the crew chiefs will like it or be frustrated by it? I agree with your point above, good chance to get in, but the 12 car field after Friday addressed this. I think its one less run in the heat for crew chiefs to tune before Sunday on a tricky track.

Now, dont get me wrong as a fan I think this is great news. I know I will have several more companions along with me when they dont have to be at the track with me at 10 am and spend the day in the Colorado July heat to see a bunch of tire smoke and 600 foot runs.

Crew Chiefs will not like it, if they are in the show, or well qualified.
But if they are not in the field yet. They will like one more shot in the cool air.

I'm curious what the Racer's and crews think about an 11:AM start on Sunday after running late on Saturday??? Long weekend for them guys.

Look for the first 6 second pro stock runs on the mountain. Hell, with night sessions it could be an entire 16 car 6 second field. Now that would be exciting.

Look for the first 6 second pro stock runs on the mountain. Hell, with night sessions it could be an entire 16 car 6 second field. Now that would be exciting.

It will be REALLY exciting if Danny Gruninger is part of that 16 car field! Are you guys going to race Pro Stock this year?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back