California in epic drought, no rain whatsoever, schedule an NHRA race and boom! Rain. (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Our days have been sunny and mild with highs in the low 70s. EVERYDAY. For weeks and months. We haven't had rain to speak of. Lakes and aquifers are drying up. Schedule an NHRA event and.... ta da!!!!!!!! Rain.

I mean seriously. WTH?

Our days have been sunny and mild with highs in the low 70s. EVERYDAY. For weeks and months. We haven't had rain to speak of. Lakes and aquifers are drying up. Schedule an NHRA event and.... ta da!!!!!!!! Rain.

I mean seriously. WTH?
The NBC News just did a story on the floods in Northern California and explained why the rain wasn't going to move further south. Are you trying to tell me that NBC News is wrong? And it wasn't even Brian Williams!!

weather.com is still showing partly cloudy, 62 degrees and 10% chance of rain LOL. I guess sometimes you have to actually look outside to see what is really going on. The radar doesn't look bad, they should be able to get back to racing ... but they will definitely run into the noise curfew issue.

I guess I was wrong about getting back going.

Bad break for me too ... I had Beckman in the "Pick the Winners".

North is getting hammered.

Mother Nature has a way of fixing itself..but at the expense of humans.

Flooding at this pace is not good. But it always seems to balance out..with insurance help. o_O

I mean seriously. WTH?

Paul is spot on. For those of you who don't live in California... weather forecasts work like this this: anything less than 50% chance of rain is a beach day for sure. Usually up to 70% percent chance is safe for picnics, weddings and outdoor sports of any kind. EXCEPT in Pomona, the ONE AND ONLY place in California where a 10% chance of rain is a guaranteed washout. :mad:

As an aside, it seems like the same thing happens in Vegas. Both National Events were affected by weather last year, when the weather was absolutely perfect for weeks before and after the races.

Sat second session would've been epic! Sunday was beautiful, I have the sunburn to show

It's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow (I'm 15 miles south of Pomona) and no rain in sight.

Speaking of Phoenix, same deal. Rained during the PGA event but straightened up for the Superbowl. My folks say the weather has been great, and will be, right up until the race next weekend...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back