2021 schedule (1 Viewer)

I see the Mile Highs are listed. Sounded like they could not stay in business unless they could operate at full capacity? Have not heard any updates on the court case.

Well now everyone knows the proposed schedule for 2021
No one knows what the coronavirus is going to do in 2021 so do they have a plan B if they have to go through another year without spectators and fans?
Does the payout stay the same as 2020?

I really thought they might consider going to an 8 car field for the Pro Class which would save them some money and shorten up the show to maybe a two-day show.
They need to find ways to spend less money if there are no spectators in the seats.

What's your opinion of how they can race in 2021 without simply awarding trophies to the winners in each class!

Jim Hill

My $ is on more 2 day shows, I see Indy is wrapping up on Sunday again, so that race will likely mirror this years race. If the vaccine is out and therapies like they gave the President is widely available next year, I see no reason why things won't be back to normal.

Just my two cents, not that it's even worth .02.

Why does Charlotte get 2 events and Bristol is dropped? Is it an issue with Bristol itself? I don't understand the allure of 2 events at one track, especially given Charlotte2 seems to always lack attendance.

I also thought NHRA would be more amenable to racers' budgets. I think NHRA could have cut out the criss-crossing to help with travel costs.

Atlanta -> Pomona
Phoenix -> Charlotte -> Houston -> Richmond

Just seems like Pomona1 is a forced event as in "we have to do it because that's the way it's always been done".

Just my two cents, not that it's even worth .02.

Why does Charlotte get 2 events and Bristol is dropped? Is it an issue with Bristol itself? I don't understand the allure of 2 events at one track, especially given Charlotte2 seems to always lack attendance.

I also thought NHRA would be more amenable to racers' budgets. I think NHRA could have cut out the criss-crossing to help with travel costs.

Atlanta -> Pomona
Phoenix -> Charlotte -> Houston -> Richmond

Just seems like Pomona1 is a forced event as in "we have to do it because that's the way it's always been done".
Maybe it has to do with with the schedule at the speedway but you'd think Pheonix>Houston>Charlotte>Richmond would be better.

Really bummed to see that there will be only two pro qualifying sessions for some events but understand that they need to save money some way.

I didn't think I would like losing Friday qualifying but I actually do. From a fan standpoint it puts more drama on Q2 as you can still see big names not qualified yet if they had a bad first run. From an expense standpoint, it saves on hotel and rental car plus I will try to not buy Friday tickets unless I have to to keep my reserved seats.

When I travel to a race I don’t go more than 2 days. I like to spend another day or two visiting different restaurants and driving around enjoying the scenery.

I don’t think there are enough hardcore fans to make a difference. I bet attendance combined would stay close to the same. Sometimes less is more. I would miss Friday night qualifying though. That is my favorite.

There are a lot of casual and even non fans that would probably visit if they did not think it was going to be a whole day affair. Look at Norwalk’s Night Under Fire. They race all day but promote that 4 or 5 hour afternoon window as the show.

I hope this is temporary.
It doesn't make much cents to load up an entire family along with friends in their Camping World trailers, then driving 400++- miles for a Saturday night stay over. And one day less of everything.
Everyone, along with their needs, wants, tickets, tshirts, hotdogs, maybe having too replace this from use, or I saw they had that in/on their trailer and we need to have it as well, etc etc.

No nitro = not as many Happy Campers in my experience.

Customers shouldn't have to plan, save and wait all year only to spend basically the same for less product.

No one profits when the store is closed.
Or the show is not out there running.
What about lack of FOX/FS1 coverage.
Including sponsors

👀 👀 👀

Sears Point, and many other tracks do really well backpacking them in on Friday.

We have seen how 2 day events work now. Shaking up qualifying, and allowing someone in a 17 car field.
As a customer, give me more and I'll be back. Make it worth my time and money. Keep me interested.
I was hoping a discussion and exchange of thoughts would be helpful and maybe heard. Feedback.

I'm trying to be constructive, not destructive in any way.
It's not our fault that $ got out of control.
The Alcohol and Sportsman cars run all 3 days ... expensive, no?

Just seems fans, customers, and potential customers are losing out IMO.

Is it worth it? Did it make a positive difference? Where are we going?

Last edited:
Really bummed to see that there will be only two pro qualifying sessions for some events but understand that they need to save money some way.

Agree.....one day qualifying doesn't ensure we'll ever see a best effort again. Go conservative or not make the show.
When a guy like Clay M. doesn't qualify, you're just not seeing the best. While the 2-tries does make for interesting pairings, IMHO luck has too much to do with it.

Thank God Epping is still on the schedule. I like that it's in June again too..😃

With Maple Grove on the borderline of will stay/will close, and Atco having a new owner and nothing defined as of yet. NHRA and Northeast just do not get along, I do not even think I could name more than 4 tracks.

Do ya think Pomona will run in April? Calif gov't is so nutty w/ rules that I'm wondering if they will allow spectators, or maybe just a small amount. Argh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back