1st round New England (1 Viewer)

Pretty much had to be the clutch. Nothing further back would have been that hot and had it been the engine I would have expected oil stains all over Capps' firesuit. And no offense to Capps...I love him to death...but who here wasn't happy to see Terry Haddock win his first round in 16 years of competition?

It wasn't his first round win in competition, just in funny car. He had a couple round wins in Top Fuel, both as a driver and owner in the intervening years.

Also, Terry is now in the top 10 in funny car points!

It wasn't his first round win in competition, just in funny car. He had a couple round wins in Top Fuel, both as a driver and owner in the intervening years.

Also, Terry is now in the top 10 in funny car points!
All these years and in the top 10! Good for him! Wonder how he would do with a nice big budget...

i can see the indy headline now ..... 'haddock in battle for last playoff spot with alexander and campbell', while the other 13 cars round out the 16 car field :rolleyes:
can you imagine if terry would finish regular season ahead of campbell or alexander, all because napa car had trouble, and terry was in rite Q spot to advance to semis.
what's the old saying, sometimes you just gotta' show up. terry Q 13th out of 13 cars at 4.87, and goes two rounds........ HO LEE CHIT, that is sum racing luck there.
was fun to watch. happy for terry.

Last edited:
what's the old saying, sometimes you just gotta' show up. terry Q 13th out of 13 cars at 4.87, and goes two rounds........ HO LEE CHIT, that is sum racing luck there.
was fun to watch. happy for terry.
The saying that I know, is "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while ".
All joking aside, I was very happy to see Terry go a couple rounds.
That was great to watch.

So that was the dazzling spark show behind his car was a head gasket? I would of guessed a clutch issue. Thanks Alan for the inside report. As for Terry Haddock, I give him a big F'in Thumbs up!!! If anyone running the tour having bad luck, It's him. He's an Awesome "out of the spotlight guy"!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back