Did ESPN mess up 1st round of Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
My dad and I thought we were both seeing things, did they really skip past almost all of Pro Stock car round 1?

Oh well, at least they didn't mess up the nitro cars. :D

Ducks for cover.

My dad and I thought we were both seeing things, did they really skip past almost all of Pro Stock car round 1?

Oh well, at least they didn't mess up the nitro cars. :D

Ducks for cover.

I did notice that they cut to an ad when one pair was on the line, then next thing I know they are talking to Roger Brogden about his air bottle not being on and still getting the win.

Something got hosed somewhere.

I noticed the same. They came back from commercial and started to show the first pair after the WJ/JG run, then cut back to commercial again. When they came back, four or so pairs of PS were complete.

i think they finally gave more time to PSB rnd. 1 instead of PS.
seems PSB rnd. 1 is usually paraphrased into about a 5 minute segment;
last nite i think every PSB rnd. 1 run was shown in it's entirety.

although i'm not a big fan of PSB, i can see an argument from PSB to
NHRA - if they are going to be a 'pro' class with tv time, then please
treat them that way....if nothing else, at least for sponsor consideration.

I'm glad someone else noticed that mixup-I suspect what happened is that ESPN thought they would have a rain-out and they started to fill the time with stuff, then realized they were going to be able to finish the race and had to cut something out (the screw-up happened about 8:20 and racing resumed at 8:25).

and why the 3 slow mo's of a nothing pass??
they should stop showing the slow mo's when nothing happens,and quit putting the picture in picture of the interviews,so we can see the whole screen of the action on tv.

quit putting the picture in picture of the interviews,so we can see the whole screen of the action on tv.

I agree with this, its hard to keep track of whats going on, who is talking etc..
If everything is taped, I dont know why it has to be so *out of sync*. I am no video guy, so I am sure there is more that goes into getting this thing on air, to worry about a little disarray of sorts, but it seems that it could be a little more put together then it comes across some times.
I am more then thankful that it gets the coverage it does on ESPN. I make sure to do my part and try to support the companies that buy commercial time and sponsorship of the coverage. I will never complain, but only say it could be more produced, at least until we move to live coverage on a regular basis.

And I can say that it went over 3 hours on Sunday. I had my DVR set to stop on time (error on my part), I was almost caught up when eliminations coverage ended but missed the Top Fuel and Funny car finals. :mad: I was far enough behind to have it stop and by the time I switched to live it was over...a matter of about 6 minutes at most. :(

I think we all are thankful for the coverage that ESPN provides. A few mess-up's in our, the harcore fans, eyes but overall its an enjoyable broadcast and the wind behind NHRA's wings. I talked to a friend just tonight that mentioned he watched it on Sunday and was sucked into it, that is a major kudo to Mike and Paul and the sport in itself.
:D

Last edited:
They threw out a FUBAR in the last qualifying round on Saturday. Just as the second pair went down the track, Page put up the graffic for the 16 Pro Stock qualifiers and who didn't make the program.

Actually watching NHRA on the tube is like sitting with my wife through 20 reruns of Dirty Dancing or the last dog in a sled team, same cast, same dialogue.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back