16 Top Fuel entries and only 14 will race tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

JC

Nitro Member
In my opinion NHRA needs to address this issue. With only 1 qualifying session run this weekend there will only be 14 cars running on Sunday. Terry ran a nice lap but hit the timing cone at 1,000 foot thus his run was not counted. The other car was "The Greek". I was watching them in the pits when they started the car it it didn't sound right at all. They didn't make it up for the first (and only) session, thus not getting a time. Now we the fans have 16 cars show up to a National event and only 14 get to race on Sunday. In my opinion there needs to be some sort of change in the current rules so this situation doesn't happen again for both the fans and the teams that brought their equipment to the event.

Round money not much but it's something, these low budget teams need every dime they can get.

I guess it's to make sure that they actually run for the spot instead of showing up, sitting in the pits while all the others run, and getting a free ride into the race with the possibility of winning due to crazy circumstances like opponents fouling and smoking tires all day....

I agree you should make a legal qualifying run. However, I don't like the way the ladder is set up. Brittany and Leah should have bye runs. This p*sses me off. Can someone email me some xanax?

Maybe the new Pres. will address this. I don't have a rule book in front of me, but, it's just wrong to have a 16 car field, and 16 cars show, then only let 14 race.
The ticket buying fan gets jipped. (jmo)

So- if there are 16 in the park, but only 14 run the qualifying passes, you guys think the two that sat out should be in?? WTH?? Seriously?

Why should you have to make a pass to qualify? There are 16 spots and 14 cars, shouldn't that automatically put them in? What's wrong with saving $$
or avoiding a oil down penalty? Give the customer (ticket buyer) the show you promised.

16 show up and who gets to sit out and be 16th? Antron or The Greek? Tony Shoe or Luigi Novelli?:confused:
One car becomes #1 qualifier and the others limp down the track because other than the ladder placement, they are all guaranteed a spot in the show?

So, if 16 show and all idle down the track, everyone qualifies, right? Senseless! The weather sucks so if NHRA won't postpone, don't penalize the racers!

Sorry, I don't understand your question.

The show on Fri and Sat is marketed as "Come watch the pros battle it out for the top 16 qualifying spot" or something to that extent, so if you make it an all run aren't you guilty of taking away the show you promised to the paying spectators?

I was confused by the ladder also, but there is no way you are going to see 2 "bye" runs in the same round. I think McMillen should of been 15th and the car who didn't make a pass should sit on Sunday, there has to be some rules. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure if everybody thought they were going to get a second session in or not but it was strange that almost nobody pedalled their car to get a better qualifying position. They may have not wanted to take the chance of hitting the wall or crossing the centerline and getting DQ'd.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back