WJ/Toliver incident? (1 Viewer)

Geez, there's just nothing good that can come of this situation. It's hard to imagine that Warren won't make good on this deal when it appears that he (or his employees) are clearly responsible. Surely there's more to the story than we're getting.

I agree with Tom. I can guarantee you that the body is not worth 60,000...especially with the damage that was incurred. Jerry Toliver is being a whiney baby. I personally believe that although WJ's team shouldn't have taken the body, someone in the Rockstar camp should have been smart enough to leave a note or something on the car.

If I were the judge:
50% fault Toliver - 50% fault WJ

WJ ordered to pay half of what the body was worth post crash. (Somewhere in the 10-20 thousand dollar range).

I'm a big fan of both of these guys. WJ's crew guys should have never touched the body, note or no note. I don't blame Toliver for how he feels, however, I don't blame WJ for not agreeing to 60K. I think the dollar amount really should be the only debate.

Heck, my sons put Creasy's body back together after blowing it up a number of times for free? Where's this $9-$60K come from?

For that matter, they also repaired Scotty Cannon's first test body after a crash and Scotty gave it to them as a thank you?
See for yourself?

http://www.wannaberacing.com/projects

Doc, what would you say

300 hours of welding, pounding, repairing, sanding glassing, more sanding, painting,
air-brushing, re tinning, re winging, chroming and all around re-doing-

would cost?

Doc, what would you say

300 hours of welding, pounding, repairing, sanding glassing, more sanding, painting,
air-brushing, re tinning, re winging, chroming and all around re-doing-
would cost?

A new body would take much less time, money and effort than that? Get the mold and make a new one. I know, my sons have also done that as well.
da3.jpg

Brand new, it could have cost the $60K he's requesting but this body was already in need of major repair.

Just a side note, these were carbon fiber bodies that were repaired by my sons in both cases and both of these repairs took far more time and effort than putting a roof and nose back on with clean cuts would take?

Just a side note, these were carbon fiber bodies that were repaired by my sons in both cases and both of these repairs took far more time and effort than putting a roof and nose back on with clean cuts would take?
Actually I was just curious at how much 300 hours would cost.:(

It sounds like from his story, That he turned it into his Insurance Co and they already paid him, The Ins Co is going after Warren And Co. Or Did I read something wrong.

ToliverTnTday215.jpg

Brand new in April... Cut up in July by a bunch of vultures... Any questions? :rolleyes:

beating_2Da_2Ddead_2Dhorse.gif

Let the lawyers figure it out...

A new body would take much less time, money and effort than that? Get the mold and make a new one. I know, my sons have also done that as well.
da3.jpg

Brand new, it could have cost the $60K he's requesting but this body was already in need of major repair.

Beretta?!?

It sounds like from his story, That he turned it into his Insurance Co and they already paid him, The Ins Co is going after Warren And Co. Or Did I read something wrong.

I get the feeling that WJ agreed to pay out of principle. Once his crew guys explained that they thought it was abandoned (not smart IMO) AND that it had already been damaged he was shocked that Toliver would ask for the amount of a NEW body. I'm sure when he balked Toliver went ballistic and told him, as he says he did, to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I'm guessing negotiations broke down at that point!!:D

Yeah, now the lawyers can work it out. Ugly deal...

Guys, I need to clarify a mistake I made in the Jerry Toliver story.

I had listed $60,000 in my original story when the request was actually $38,000. The $60,000 was the cost of the new body and I assumed Toliver requested that amount. In reality, he requested the amount of the damage minus the previous amount incurred when the car hit the sandtrap. Toliver credited for the parts returned.

The total damage bill exceeded $40,000.

Sorry about that.

Since WJ didn't have anything himself to do with what happened, what can a court do to him? He was willing to pay a little for this to go away, but why carry the weight? Let the clowns that pulled the caper off pay. I'm sure Warren didn't pay them to cut up a funny car body.

Guys, I need to clarify a mistake I made in the Jerry Toliver story.

I had listed $60,000 in my original story when the request was actually $38,000. The $60,000 was the cost of the new body and I assumed Toliver requested that amount. In reality, he requested the amount of the damage minus the previous amount incurred when the car hit the sandtrap. Toliver credited for the parts returned.

The total damage bill exceeded $40,000.

Sorry about that.

That puts a different light on this story

Beretta?!?

Yes Paul, we own this mold. For you we would sell you a complete carbon shell for $4000.-$4500 for carbon cloth w/Kevlar tracers. For Paul Flores or Martin Thomas however, we would have to tin and tree it to their car and stick with the $60K price tag.
Here's to hoping they have as good a sense of humor as they do a disdain for WJ?

Since WJ didn't have anything himself to do with what happened, what can a court do to him? He was willing to pay a little for this to go away, but why carry the weight? Let the clowns that pulled the caper off pay. I'm sure Warren didn't pay them to cut up a funny car body.

You know, the whole time this crap has been going on, that's exactly what I was thinking. Are the guys that did this young kids under the legal gaurdianship of Warren? Hell no! These are grown men, so they are the ones that need to step up and take responsibility, not Warren.

The fact that Warren offered anything should've been considered a gift.

Sean D

Yes Paul, we own this mold. For you we would sell you a complete carbon shell for $4000.-$4500 for carbon cloth w/Kevlar tracers. For Paul Flores or Martin Thomas however, we would have to tin and tree it to their car and stick with the $60K price tag.
Here's to hoping they have as good a sense of humor as they do a disdain for WJ?

Whew... It's a good thing I run dragsters Bobby :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back