will we see a sweep? (1 Viewer)

Will anyone sweep all 3 races?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that Dougie K or Shoe could pull it off. I would love to see KJ do it, but not sure if it could happen. In FC the consistency of Capps will pay off. I would expect them to win one or two during the swing.

Even though I voted no, don't think anyone will do it, I think if someone does do it, it'll be Capps, or Scelzi in FC or Kalitta in top fuel. That's IF. I don't think it'll happen. And I can't remember who was the last one. As I get older, I find that my brain has been jettisoning brain cells to stay afloat.

My guess is Larry Dixon!

I seem to remember the front cover of the National Dragster with Larry holding a broom in the winners circle at Sonoma.

I couldn’t stand it….. I had to look through the archives at ND to see if I remembered correctly.

Sure enough…..August 2003

cover31.gif

doug kalitta 3 for 3
ron capps will win 2 of 3
greg anderson 3 for 3

Doug Kalitta winning 2 of the 3 would be a good bet.
Same with Ron, but I'll say that Ron will go 0 for 3. Force 2 for 3.
Greg 0 for 3, and Pro Stock is to tough to say who'll win what, but I hope KJ can take 1 race atleast.

i think doug k will win 2 of the 3 in top fuel , and maybe 1 for ron, gary s and scott k in funny car

Swing Sweep

It could happen but I really dont think so. I sure would love to see Force do it though. I am just happy to be able to post now on the new mater. I was having withdrawls!!!

Well, I know if anybody can do it, the Mac Tools crew sure can. But right now, I think the focus (for anybody out there) is to win rounds - not "races" per se, let alone thinking of winning 3 wallys in 3 weeks. Now is when the points start to really matter.

I find it interesting that nobody has even casually mentioned the Army Top Fuel team. Granted, they've struggled to this point, but does anyone doubt their ability to pick themselves off the mat and go rounds? ...especially considering they won the most recent event.

I find it interesting that nobody has even casually mentioned the Army Top Fuel team. Granted, they've struggled to this point, but does anyone doubt their ability to pick themselves off the mat and go rounds? ...especially considering they won the most recent event.

Check post 23... I think both Doug and Tony are capable.

Check post 23... I think both Doug and Tony are capable.

Oops, thanks. I stand humbly corrected & I apologize, I missed it the first time through. Still, that team isn't getting a lot of ink here & I find it a little surprising given their strong finishes the last two years...

Last edited:
Would Robert, Eric, then John be a sweep? :D
And Ashley winning at least one Top Alky with the mix....:rolleyes:

I don't think there will be a sweep, but if I had to put money on anyone doing it it would be Greg Anderson.

I doubt there will be any repeat winners on the swing, except for maybe Greg Anderson in Pro Stock. The Fuel categories are WFO and that's the way I like it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back