Will Bristol be ready July 6-8 ? (1 Viewer)

flash

Nitro Member
With the time it takes to tear up concrete and replace it, then get some races on the new surface to make sure it's OK, what are the odds that it will be ready for July 6-8?

Reinhard, I am thinking right along with you. Less than 60 days to get a reliable contractor in, tear up 700 feet of concrete, put down 700 feet of new concrete and have it cure in time. I think they are rushing this. Since they have to move this race date anyway, make it the weekend of October 12th, 13th, 14th. That way they have plenty of time to get the job done right, your not in prime time vacation time for most families and the racers don't have 6 races in a row. Just my thoughts!

It will be ready, money talks and Bruton has lots of it. This was an unforeseen mishap. You can bet that they have egg on their face right now and will not let the same thing happen twice.

I'm no expert on road construction/concrete, but if the powers that be are dead-set on having this done in time I'd advise them to remember these 2 words from earlier this year: San Antonio

Who wants to see the 1st ever NHRA 1/8th mile race?

Maybe it's just my sour grapes because now the IHRA national in my town WILL conflict with an NHRA national...:(

With the time it takes to tear up concrete and replace it, then get some races on the new surface to make sure it's OK, what are the odds that it will be ready for July 6-8?

I haven't read the announcement yet but I thought they had already replaced it and just need it to cure longer due to the weather!?!?:confused:

I haven't read the announcement yet but I thought they had already replaced it and just need it to cure longer due to the weather!?!?:confused:

no jay read my other thread no racing at bristol i think i covered most of whats went on this will be the second time in a month they have done this

no jay read my other thread no racing at bristol i think i covered most of whats went on this will be the second time in a month they have done this

I did go read all of the other stuff now thanks. That 6 weeks is going to be ROUGH on all of the teams!!

....oh, and welcome in Travis.:)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back