Why no Q for Shaun (1 Viewer)

i have to also agree with bob benza about how hard it is to drive a pro-stock car. i had always heard that an alcohol f/c was the hardest until i was given the chance to drive a pro-stock. after a couple races match races i relized i needed to stay in a f/c. the staging of a pro-stock car takes about 4 hands and 2 sets of eyes until you get comfortable. (if you ever do). some people have what it takes and some don't. some might need a couple years worth of runs to get comfortable. seeing how shaun came from sport compact it could just be to hard to shake the style required to drive the import compared to the 500 inch nhra cars. not trying to pick on him but mabey he just can't get acustomed to it. nobody is perfect. this is why i say i am impressed with erica enders. also i tip my hat to mike ashley for his ability to go from the door cars to a nitro f/c. i don't know of too many people that can go from one style to another with a large amount of success in every catagory they try.

So you're saying anybody can drive a funny car?!? :D Just kidding! I find it interesting that a flopper is easier than a Pro Stocker. I would have thought just the opposite. Learn sumpin' new every day...

Having talked with Shaun on Saturday, the new car he was driving had only 3 short hits before making the qualifying runs at Denver. The car that Erica Enders was driving is the car that Shaun has been running all year.
DSB_0324.jpg

The car driven by Gene Wilson is one of Kenny Koretsky's cars with the Tribute design wrap over the red nitrofish car driven some this year by Dave Northrup.

Hope this clears up a bit of the confusion about all the cars in the DSR camp in Denver.

Roger

the weather in seattle is not going to be kind to these guys and gals this week either??? record high temps predicted for sat & sun 100-102deg:eek:
thats what they are saying today anyhow!

Shaun is shifting at the right time, he is keeping the car in the groove, and doing anything and everything we ask of him. We have tried putting Richie's motor, carb, manifold and anything else we could to try to figure out why we are struggling with Shaun's car. If there was something we could see on the computer or the camera then we would fix it. We will continue to work with every tool we have to get the program turned around for Shaun. We wish we could figure this out.

Shaun is shifting at the right time, he is keeping the car in the groove, and doing anything and everything we ask of him. We have tried putting Richie's motor, carb, manifold and anything else we could to try to figure out why we are struggling with Shaun's car. If there was something we could see on the computer or the camera then we would fix it. We will continue to work with every tool we have to get the program turned around for Shaun. We wish we could figure this out.

Don.... Dumb question time.... I saw that you (the Crew) had gone as far as putting a 2-3" plate on the clutch so Erica could fit & drive her car... she did a helluva good job.. (I think) If you are doing as you say.. changing motors set up's etc... While testing, Have Erica make a run, & Shawn make a run, then have them swap cars... if he can't run "close" to what she ran in her car.. then ??

Especially if SHE can run the same # as he ran in HIS car... I know it sounds easy.. & is easy to suggest... The negative side is I don't think you want your "Team" members competing against each other, & cause unneeded tension within..

You, Erica, & whoever is setting "Her" car up must be doing something right, as she got in and WJ was a tenth slower..

Great response Don

Don,

Thanks for coming on and setting it straight. It appears that the guy needs more time. For folks who really follow racing they would know that Erica was in Shaun's old car and he was in a new peice from Haas. Give MOPAR credit, they are sticking behind their guy even though he can't qualify the car. Erica coming in and qualifying the car he has been in all year thrws out any analogy that it was a problem with the car. I do beleive all the runs were fairly close, Gene just missed the bump and I am sure given a equal peice under the hood he would have been in the show also. As for Shaun, I don't know and the team owner doesn't know but they are sticking behind him and thats the honorable thing to do. If it was NASCAR he would have been long gone but it isn't. Hopefully he will get in the show soon, Nickens has a big tak with having to supply power for 3 or maybe 4 cars and for Shaun I think its going to take a top notch peice that will be little fogiving for him to qualify.
Are there any of the old maters out there that still think after three cars (I count the car Erica drove as 2 becuase it went back to Haas for some updates for Shaun) Bob and Rusty were sabotaging Shaun's car?

Don:
I appreciate that you come here and "play" and speak your mind. I can imagine that it is frustrating to have the best parts and good people. I hope he gets used to the car and the difference in styles of cars and "figures it out"

Good luck in Seattle.

Several people have looked over Shaun's runs and said that he isn't doing anything wrong...

Jim
Jim,

No offense as I have the utmost respect for you, but I can't buy that either. Not when Shaun is consistently 5-6 hundreths slower than Richie at every single race.

I can't imagine the cars being set-up that much differently. And the horsepower required for that kind of difference is significant and I can't imagine them purposely giving Shaun a bum engine.

Maybe I'm wrong. I sure feel for they guy. It's got to be frustrating.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back