Who was least likely to win Indy? (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
This would be for Pro, P/M, & Alky classes. My vote is Jay Payne in TA/FC. He hasn't won a race in a long time & now he wins Indy. I didn't really think he would win with all the heavy hitters there, but... That must have been a great morale booster for the team.

Tough to argue with Citizen Payne. I would say that would be closely followed by Savoie in PSB. I know his bike runs good and was on kill this weekend, but I'm sure oddsmakers were banking on one of the Harleys or Matt.

Sean D

I definitely agree with Payne. In TAFC, I wouldn't have bet against Westerfield or Bellemeur, with Marshall, Gordon, and Drew next on the radar. Honestly, I'd have picked a surprise upset or two from the bottom half before him. The others might not have been my first picks, but none of them were anywhere close to as far down the list as Payne.

Alex Laughlin winning against Erica with a .120 reaction time gets my vote!
agreed! i knew it was a shifter/gear issue watching it on tv, cuz it picked rite back up again. i think she's kicking herself this morning.

let's try another class.....PSB.....anyone care to comment on what happened to the tree in the final?
video of PSB final shows hines' lane immediately given a red light. pretty raw deal if there was a malfunction at 'the biggest race of the year',
in the final, and there was obviously no intention of a re-run?

Last edited:
let's try another class.....PSB.....anyone care to comment on what happened to the tree in the final?
video of PSB final shows hines' lane immediately given a red light. pretty raw deal if there was a malfunction at 'the biggest race of the year',
in the final, and there was obviously no intention of a re-run?
Andrew rolled backwards out of the beam.

ok. thanks david. i did read that, but have not been able to prove or disprove. tough way to lose.

Mike, they showed it twice on the tv show. Andrew had both lights lit and only the stage light went out.

i caught the finals again last nite. maybe i'm not seeing something. i didn't see anything that looked like movement backwards, or either staging light go out. maybe i totally missed it.
btw i am not really a fan of HD clan or the class altogether. just trying to understand what happened to a racer in a final at indy.......steve johnson didn't get a fair shake a few years ago
until the next day.......if andrew moved backwards and out of beam, i'd have to say i can not recall this ever happening before. 32,947th way to lose a drag race i guess.

Actually, rolling out of the beams wasn't that uncommon years ago. Rarely see it now, but I do agree it's 32,947th way to loose. :) Anyone remember the story about the catapillar that crawled thru the starting beams and caused a red light? Or a piece of paper that triggered the win light? arghhh

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back