Whits new ride (1 Viewer)

Well, Whit has spoken. I'm tickled to death for him & in all honesty, the way the talk was going it's really not unexpected. Of course I'll follow his progress in the T/F class but I truly have no interest in that class at all. I admit that I hate to see him move to T/F but Whit did what was best for him & what he wanted to do. I'd be a fool to even suggest what is best for him & his career. After all, this is about Whit, not me. I do hope that the opportunity for him to re-enter the F/C class comes again & if that would be his wish he would again jump behind the butterfly of a Fuel Coupe.
Alan, please don't insult me with any type of T/F avatar.:eek:
Whit, in closing, I wish you the very best of luck with your new endeavor & I know that you'll kick-ass over there just like you did in F/C. Thanks again for Indy & I'll see you at the races............"HIP"

OHHHHH HEEELLLLLL YEAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Go Whit and Matco and Lee!!!! 2007 is gonna be the year!!!!

Think I can trade my old box in for a new one with the digger on it, and have Whit sign that one to?
box01.JPG

box03.JPG

Roger, I know you'll be just as much of a fan of Whit in TF. You'll learn to like it because you are a loyal fan. I know Whit appreciates that. :)

Alan, I've refrained from responding to all the talk about Whit's situation until everything was signed sealed & delivered. When everything is on the table I'll offer my feelings on it all for what they're worth.
I will say this though, Whit will always be my #1 favorite driver but if anything, it makes me hope for the demise of the T/F class all that much sooner.
I say 32 car fields in F/C & 32 car fields in P/S on Sunday & let's go racing. It will help alleviate the confusion for new fans & lets the true "Kings of the Sport" shine..............."HIP"

Hey Hip, I understand completely. Whit's been my favorite driver since I became a drag racing fan back in '98. I remember the silly season of '98 that found him in the Kendall Chevy for Chuck Etchells and then the rumors about driving DSR's Matco FC. Funny car will always be my passion as a fan.

I am with Whit wherever he goes, but it just ain't going to be right rooting for him in a rail. I am thrilled that Lee Beard is the crew chief. Lee provided us Whit fans with some thrills and the unfortunate parting in the FC was tough, but right (except replacing him with Dan Olson was a joke and began my believing that Whit would be better served in a place other than DSR).

Good luck, Whit and Lee. Kick some tail next year!!!!!

Kurt

Well, Whit has spoken. I'm tickled to death for him & in all honesty, the way the talk was going it's really not unexpected. Of course I'll follow his progress in the T/F class but I truly have no interest in that class at all. I admit that I hate to see him move to T/F but Whit did what was best for him & what he wanted to do. I'd be a fool to even suggest what is best for him & his career. After all, this is about Whit, not me. I do hope that the opportunity for him to re-enter the F/C class comes again & if that would be his wish he would again jump behind the butterfly of a Fuel Coupe.
Alan, please don't insult me with any type of T/F avatar.:eek:
Whit, in closing, I wish you the very best of luck with your new endeavor & I know that you'll kick-ass over there just like you did in F/C. Thanks again for Indy & I'll see you at the races............"HIP"

And Whit has spoken indeed. I think it is funny as heck that he didn't mention all top TF drivers in this quote:

"I'll miss racing Force and the other guys over there but at the same time, I look forward to racing Brandon Bernstein, Larry Dixon, Doug Kalitta, and the rest of the Top Fuel racers so it's a nice trade-off," Bazemore said. "This is just a new chapter in my life and my career and I'm very excited about the possibilities." http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=16196

Getting hosed will have that impact, I guess.

Kick butt, Whit!!!

Kurt

WOW! That's an interesting source to break the story.
Yes, it is an interesting source and it so cool that Jeff beat eveyone else on this one! Some you were not happy with the way Jeff called out the NHRA a couple of weeks ago. This shows how connected he is to NHRA sponsors and racers and he is not afraid to call it how he sees it!
I apologize for being half right about Whit going to Powers in a Matco FC. I'm really looking forward to his reunion with Lee. This two car TF team, that will have no issues with fractured ownership, could kick A$$!

WOW! That's an interesting source to break the story.
I'm looking forward to Whit in a digger.
BTW: Did they say Matco as ASSOCIATE sponsor???
Jim..under Jim G's quote..all you have to do is hit 'Quote'..and then you can Reply under it.

I fixed yours.

What a great development for Whit. His dedication to Matco has paid off..and Lee with the rail is proving to be killer. Hey Alan J didn't have any luck with a flopper either..this is good for all parties. Hang in there Rog..it's gonna be cool!!

Gee, if this wasn't the worse kept secret of the year.

Good for Whit but I would preferred him to stay in a Funny Car. I would liked for him to line up against Jack and the other evil empire cars and whoop them. Now when he lines up again Tony in T/F he won't really stand a chance.

I'm happy for Whit, very cool. I think it speaks volumes for MATCO to show the loyalty to Whit that they have. If you guys recall, back in Memphis Don Shumacher was asked about Beckman testing in Whit's car and he showed no loyalty to Whit in that conversation, and that was even before MATCO announced that they would be moving on. Kind of seemed like he was already going to replace Whit. Makes you wonder why MATCO moved on.:eek:

I am just glad to see Whit in a ride and I like that he and Matco stayed together. I think he and Lee made a good team before and will probablly still do well together. I'm a Whit fan no matter what he drives. It's gonna be weird to not see him in a Funny Car, but hell.....next season is gonna be weird anyhow. I will be curious to see what rivalry the fans will conjur up so they can continue to bash Whit though ;) :D

Acutally, I think WHit made out like a "Bandit" in this deal. Other than a few sleepless nights, he got paid the rest of the years salary from DSR and has no further obligation to them.
Whit is now able to spend ALL his time getting the Top Fuel deal going. He should be able to hit the ground running next year.

Well this was certainly one of the worst-kept secrets in drag racing this year, wasn't it? Good luck to Whit in TF next year. Love the rendering of the car, Mark - it's pretty sharp. I don't even mind the black wheels on it - I guess they're not so bad on a dragster...

Marty hit the nail on the head....Baze made out pretty sweet on this deal. He gets to drive for David Powers, he`s reunited with Beard, stays with Matco, still gets paid by Schumacher for the rest of the year. It`s going to be good to see him get a fresh start in `07. Interesting that he didn`t mention that he`ll miss racing Capps and Scelzi in FC, or that he`s looking forward to matching up against Tony Shoe.

congratulations to whit and david powers.
david powers is revealing himself to be every bit as influential
as any of the 'big name' owners.

I think this also shows that MATCO values Whit as a selling tool. Drivers these days do so much marketing with their sponsors and it is obvious that Whit has really made an impact with the MATCO distributors.

Of course, like most of you, I always associate him with the flopper but I am sort of looking forward to seeing how he does in the digger too.

Congrats to Whit!!

I am looking forward to Whit adding his name to that exclusive list of drivers who have won in both Fuel classes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back