WHERE WILL Jr GO???????????? (1 Viewer)

Already 2 large egos at Hendrick - what's one more. Could be interesting and hopefully it won't implode.

Looks like KB is odd man out. There's a seat in the #8 available :D

The fan reaction on Sirius radio has been hilarious.

"I can't root for Hendrick and Junior" is the general reaction. People who love Junior hate Gordon and Johnson. Now they are in a pickle.

Look for Budweiser to stay at DEI on the #8 (at least until this contract runs out).

Look for Junior to be sponsored by Visa to the tune of $20 Million per year!!!!

Too bad Gibbs is switching to Toyotas after next season, or that's where Junior would be going.

I am really surprised this didn't devolve into an ugly bidding war (at least not in public). Junior accounts for almost 40% of NASCAR's marketing/souvenir sales all by himself. Even if he never wins another race, whatever team he is driving for will make a healthy profit and be very well sponsored.

Jr wants to win and that would leave Gibbs out of the picture. Hendricks is all alone at the top right now. RCR is close but not on the same level and the other teams below RCR.

This thread should be "Will Teresa be left with the two Busch brats and four mechanics from Jiffy Lube in the end?"

"Too bad Gibbs is switching to Toyotas after next season, or that's where Junior would be going."

Gibbs WAS a viable option, however, Jr. couldn't bring any of the Bud money to that team as the Gibbs group wanted nothing to do with an adult beverage product.

Late.............Mitch

turned out to be Hendrick Motorsports.

That's gonna tick off a lot of Jr's fans who carry a rabid hatred for Gordon and Johnson. A guy here at work says he's having a hard time getting his head around the idea that Jr and Jeffy will be team mates.

turned out to be Hendrick Motorsports.

That's gonna tick off a lot of Jr's fans who carry a rabid hatred for Gordon and Johnson. A guy here at work says he's having a hard time getting his head around the idea that Jr and Jeffy will be team mates.

I know,,,,I love it.....the JR fans are gonna be confused....wonder how many people are ripping the 8 stickers off their vehicles...what about the ones with an 8 tattoo... I love it.

I am sure that Dale SR is laughing his a$$ off up in racer heaven....most Earndhardt fans do not know or want to know that Sr and Jeff like each other.

Did you pick up on the Fact that Ricky Hendrick predicted this union years ago! This is indeed a long and winding road.

hendrick? gibbs? whats all that? Who are they? JR Todd drives the torco dragster and isn't going anywhere but to the finish line :)

i think nascar is relying more & more on off-track news to stimulate
their fans. the on track bumping & rubbing of yesteryear, which helped
to attract attention to the sport, seems now to be downplayed.
dale jr. will certainly go to a large $$ team, i'd be shocked if he doesn't;
it's a money goes to money deal.
let's say next year jr. starts to win very frequently - would the diehard
nascar fans start to boo him as they do gordon? no, he's a southern
boy and the son of dale sr. - i think most of nascar's diehards wouldn't
mind if jr. won every single race. i think nascar needs jr. to start
winning too. it's amazing how the last name earnhardt and nascar
are synonymous.
IMHO nascar racing is suffering the cookie-cutter effect; drivers & cars.
the cars & drivers that built nascar are long gone; same as
with drag racing. i'm glad we still a fair amount of our drag racing legends
still owning and/or tuning for us.

hendrick? gibbs? whats all that? Who are they? JR Todd drives the torco dragster and isn't going anywhere but to the finish line :)

I hear what you say PJ...I'm a Drag Racing fan through and through. And yes...JR will make it to the winners circle soon.

Your reference to nascar is interesting. Just remember that this year's Daytona 500 was the second most watched program. Only the Super Bowl had more viewers. The move of Dale Jr has been covered coast to coast by all the national news agencies. If one of NHRA's elite Top Fuel drivers switched camps I doubt there would be much coverage outside the motorsports journalists. THAT's the difference between the two sports.

I hear what you say PJ...I'm a Drag Racing fan through and through. And yes...JR will make it to the winners circle soon.

Your reference to nascar is interesting. Just remember that this year's Daytona 500 was the second most watched program. Only the Super Bowl had more viewers. The move of Dale Jr has been covered coast to coast by all the national news agencies. If one of NHRA's elite Top Fuel drivers switched camps I doubt there would be much coverage outside the motorsports journalists. THAT's the difference between the two sports.

People weren't really watching Daytona, they stopped for a second then fell asleep due to being bored.

True we are smacked around with nascar junk all the time, same as Paris Hilton, doesn't mean its important or worthy. Hell they push the nba finals that no one is watching either. Don't mistake the media's push for reality.

People weren't really watching Daytona, they stopped for a second then fell asleep due to being bored.

True we are smacked around with nascar junk all the time, same as Paris Hilton, doesn't mean its important or worthy. Hell they push the nba finals that no one is watching either. Don't mistake the media's push for reality.

I can see you don't personally care for NASCAR, but the vast majority of Americans do. The audience figures for the Daytona 500 are real numbers measured by Neilsen.

I'm a drag racer through and through, but our sport pails in comparison to the popularity of NASCAR's Nextel Cup series. I'll look it up, but the winner of Daytona netted several times more prize money than the team that wins the Top Fuel championship.

It's not even close....

I can see you don't personally care for NASCAR, but the vast majority of Americans do. The audience figures for the Daytona 500 are real numbers measured by Neilsen.

I'm a drag racer through and through, but our sport pails in comparison to the popularity of NASCAR's Nextel Cup series. I'll look it up, but the winner of Daytona netted several times more prize money than the team that wins the Top Fuel championship.

It's not even close....

You're right nascar is widely popular I just like pushing buttons of nascar fans. I actually use to watch a little nascar, their points deal chased me off. As far as their numbers I'm not sure about neilsen ratings I do know that they several years ago they did a huge survey and anyone that said they had heard of nascar they counted as an actual fan in their marketing and sponsorship campaigns. At the time it made them look bigger and more popular then they actually were but it worked. Big sponsors and more money per sponsorship have been flowing since.

But, the most talented driver of all of Ironhead's kids is the one who brokered the deal....

Congrats Kelly on a job well done:D

You're right nascar is widely popular I just like pushing buttons of nascar fans. I actually use to watch a little nascar, their points deal chased me off. As far as their numbers I'm not sure about neilsen ratings I do know that they several years ago they did a huge survey and anyone that said they had heard of nascar they counted as an actual fan in their marketing and sponsorship campaigns. At the time it made them look bigger and more popular then they actually were but it worked. Big sponsors and more money per sponsorship have been flowing since.

Nielsen audience ratings are done with electronice measuring tools that accurately determine which channell you're watching and for how long. No more phone surveys or diaries to fill out. Radio has moved to this type of ratings system in large markets.

The audience numbers for TV (including NASCAR races) have to be accurate. The networks are paid by advertising agencies based on the perfomance of the shows they ran commercial inventory in. The 'grey area' was eliminated several years ago.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back