FourWide Charlotte (2 Viewers)

Leave it to NHRA to go after a single car team rather than Force, Kalitta or one of the other multi car teams. Can't imagine they would have the balls to do this to Connie or John.

I think it is time NHRA tech inspectors check every car in every class for compliance with the General regulation in the NHRA rule book about DZUS buttons, they can be painted on the head only but must be white or sliver on the body of the button. I think many aluminum DZUS button are anodized black all over. A complete inspection on out side an interior buttons should performed on all cars and classes. Because Color matters to NHRA so much. all racers falling to meet this rule in the NHRA rule book should be disqualified and removed from the track and find big time. this would make more room in the pit area and take way less time to run the event. 😛
Larry Sutton---🤠

Last edited:
I think it is time NHRA tech inspectors check every car in every class for compliance with the General regulation in the NHRA rule book about DZUS buttons, they can be painted on the head only but must be white or sliver on the body of the button. I think many aluminum DZUS button are anodized black all over. A complete inspection on out side an interior buttons should performed on all cars and classes. Because Color matters to NHRA so much. all racers falling to meet this rule in the NHRA rule book should be disqualified and removed from the track and find big time. this would make more room in the pit area and take way less time to run the event. 😛
Larry Sutton---🤠
on the surface at least, this is a really strange set of events, and they are getting more numerous. Must have a bunch of literalists in NHRA Tech.

The NHRA tech director’s name is Lonnie Grim. He’s not being outed here, he was on Joe Costello‘s podcast last week. Maybe he can enlighten us on what’s going on. Not an explicit shot but it does deserve an in-depth explanation, and why color makes a difference in the scheme of things. Forget what the rule says, I bet when it was written, the authors didn’t envision color as being a difference. If this really is about color, they are truly hopeless.

The rule as written may be simple. Interpreting the rule may not be so simple. This is why we have a system of law. To interpret the rules, appropriately for the time when it’s needed.

DMM (discolored manifolds matter).

Last edited:
Posted on Bob Tasca's Facebook. 😂

tasca_shirt.jpg

last year when NHRA was nit picking the headers on FC they should have made a reasonable
rule of measurement over the winter so that the headers angled out more then they are now
so maybe they would stop burning the wraps off the side of the cars. that rule makes too much sense
and also gives plenty of time to apply it...

last year when NHRA was nit picking the headers on FC they should have made a reasonable
rule of measurement over the winter so that the headers angled out more then they are now
so maybe they would stop burning the wraps off the side of the cars. that rule makes too much sense
and also gives plenty of time to apply it...
That’s always been strange to me that the headers burn the wraps off the side of the cars. I’m like, “why?“ so obviously they didn’t change that. Bad for the sponsors.

on the surface at least, this is a really strange set of events, and they are getting more numerous. Must have a bunch of literalists in NHRA Tech.

The NHRA tech director’s name is Lonnie Grim. He’s not being outed here, he was on Joe Costello‘s podcast last week. Maybe he can enlighten us on what’s going on. Not an explicit shot but it does deserve an in-depth explanation, and why color makes a difference in the scheme of things. Forget what the rule says, I bet when it was written, the authors didn’t envision color as being a difference. If this really is about color, they are truly hopeless.

The rule as written may be simple. Interpreting the rule may not be so simple. This is why we have a system of law. To interpret the rules, appropriately for the time when it’s needed.

DMM (discolored manifolds matter).
Wouldn't somebodies run getting DQ have to go thru the Tech director ? I predict like the times before NHRA will put out a statement but you will not see anybody on camera taking questions about this.

Conspiracy theory -
1. Tasca jumped up big time in the past year - So he must be doing something illegal in NHRA’s mind set.
2. It is entirely possible to chemically modify magnesium, but if you don’t physically change the shape of the manifold as produced - so what! Force’s teams were fined and points lost for basically the same thing with their injectors.
3. There is also something here to think about. Taska is one of the principal voices that wants to “Franchise” the Pro teams, which would give them a stronger voice and NHRA would have to listen to them. If One guy goes home it is a little bad for NHRA and bad for the Show. If the all pack up and go home you have cooked the Goose that lays the Golden eggs.

Apparently NHRA allows NO modifications to manifolds or any other parts. Isn't this what drag racing was all about, modifying parts to make more power and gain the advantage over your competitor?
I was about to say...

Tasca stated they switched from JFR manifolds to AJPE manifolds and that the flowing process used by Wilson Manifolds changed the color. NHRA already looked at every all of them in Gainesville and handed them back. You'd think NHRA would have told Tasca "these are legal" or "these are illegal" after just being inspected for legality but I guess it doesn't work that way.

What possible difference does a color change make? And if the flow process used a media-blast process which accidentally changed the color, so what? My God; I'd hate to think what NHRA would do if Tasca showed up with a different paint/wrap scheme on one of his bodies...no mods, remember....he might be banned from NHRA competition permanently.

I support NHRA's stand on modifications that have safety implications. No question. I support their stand on mods that give an obvious advantage - can't run a 540 in Pro Stock or 98% in the tank in fuel racing, 80% blower overdrive or 32-degree laidbacks - but this totally trivial deal just kills the spirit of competition. Still, I'm glad Tasca cooled off and laid down a 3.83 with a manifold whose color met with NHRA's approval. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

foolishly just looked at finals results ....... now there is no point to watch show tonite ...... i'll just say one of my favorites won,
one came really close, and two others won again. PTW not bad, not great.

foolishly just looked at finals results ....... now there is no point to watch show tonite ...... i'll just say one of my favorites won,
one came really close, and two others won again. PTW not bad, not great.
It turned out pretty good. I was disappointed in the top fuel final, very disappointed. But so close. That second-place car is gonna win some races this year if it keeps running like that. That thing is looking tough.

Wouldn't somebodies run getting DQ have to go thru the Tech director ? I predict like the times before NHRA will put out a statement but you will not see anybody on camera taking questions about this.
This is the thing about transparency. NHRA needs to explain. This, the way it is, just pisses off a whole bunch of people, and makes NHRA Tech look like a bunch of fools. If they have a legitimate point, then they should say what it is. As it stands, it just looks silly to everybody.

Conspiracy theory -
1. Tasca jumped up big time in the past year - So he must be doing something illegal in NHRA’s mind set.
2. It is entirely possible to chemically modify magnesium, but if you don’t physically change the shape of the manifold as produced - so what! Force’s teams were fined and points lost for basically the same thing with their injectors.
3. There is also something here to think about. Taska is one of the principal voices that wants to “Franchise” the Pro teams, which would give them a stronger voice and NHRA would have to listen to them. If One guy goes home it is a little bad for NHRA and bad for the Show. If the all pack up and go home you have cooked the Goose that lays the Golden eggs.
#4 - I believe NHRA is still not happy about the wildly successful PRO Superstar race early this year and particularly annoyed over Tasca's 341. "There's monkey business going on with that car", I can hear them saying and apparently they found the reason behind Tasca's big speeds Saturday night in the form of an off-color intake manifold. That'll teach that New Englander-talking Ford Boy a lesson, won't it?

I was SO pleased with his 3/83/338 running one of Steve Torrence's intakes. 👍

NHRA does an inspection of Tasca's manifolds and gives them back to Tasca. They don't say if they are legal or illegal. Then they wait for an opportune time to disqualify a good run (but not the run prior to that). So what was the purpose of the manifold inspection?

NHRA has to bear ALL of the responsibility for Tasca running that "illegal" manifold. The NHRA gave an "illegal" manifold back to a competitor KNOWING that he was going to run it. Then they nail him for using an illegal part. Some people need to be fired at the NHRA.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back