FourWide Charlotte (3 Viewers)

.........NHRA has to bear ALL of the responsibility for Tasca running that "illegal" manifold. The NHRA gave an "illegal" manifold back to a competitor KNOWING that he was going to run it. Then they nail him for using an illegal part. Some people need to be fired at the NHRA.
not only that......tasca loses one single run for running a supposed illegal part (that was given back to him as stated).......clay drops a weight on the track in texas last fall and
LOSES ALL POINTS AND MONEY FROM ENTIRE RACE....... where do you draw the line. everyone runs ballast. it's not illegal. it just wasn't bolted properly. they were within the rules
to add ballast. ballast and altered engine part are two totally different animals ........ tasca has run DQ'd for ilegal modification of engine part. now if you are going to alter an engine part, wouldn't it be
for a performance gain? certainly not a performance loss ......... so this weekend nhra deemed an altered engine part ilegal and docked a single car team one qualifying round.
last fall nhra stripped a single car team of all points and money for having loose ballast fall onto track. a ruling that i believe cost that team a top 10 finish.

Something is wrong with these DNQ penalties. Clay had a Original frame part (plug) come out lost points and money, was notified a week later. Tasca gave all manifold's to NHRA all were given back, NHRA didn't say a thing about the AJ manifold they just gave them back. Anderson had a safety shut off device disconnected (by accident) RIGHT. no fine. Smith had her bike impounded was not given back for many days NHRA would not even tell her where it was. SOME TING WONG with how NHRA Handel's these issues and needs to be changed. NHRA should be more professional. Just my opinion
Larry Sutton---🤠
Correction: the AJ manifold was not in the first lot given to NHRA that was a issue later when they were picking the pepper out of the fly S#@T

Last edited:
drc top fuel summary shows d. kalitta with top speed @ 337.92, but c. millican ran exactly the same in final round.
tale of the tape......parts plus guys need to improve 60'. hope they accomplish this in chicago and repeat.

Attachments

• Charlotte1_TFfinal.jpg
    Charlotte1_TFfinal.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 20
Something is wrong with these DNQ penalties. Clay had a Original frame part (plug) come out lost points and money, was notified a week later. Tasca gave all manifold's to NHRA all were given back, NHRA didn't say a thing about the AJ manifold they just gave them back. Anderson had a safety shut off device disconnected (by accident) RIGHT. no fine. Smith had her bike impounded was not given back for many days NHRA would not even tell her where it was. SOME TING WONG with how NHRA Handel's these issues and needs to be changed. NHRA should be more professional. Just my opinion
Larry Sutton---🤠
Correction: the AJ manifold was not in the first lot given to NHRA that was a issue later when they were picking the pepper out of the fly S#@T
Wonder if NHRA Tech has a profilometer? Either contact or non-contact. This brings back memories of the good-old Stock and Super Stock cylinder head creativity....

All of the racers should demand an overhaul of the NHRA tech dept. They should also ask them why they wanted to examine Tasca's manifold? If they were not going to tell him that it was "illegal" then why examine it?

Did you notice what Hagen said about the incident? "The rules are the rules".

listen at the 50:25 mark ....... still doesn't explain how alan johnson can approach nhra and tell them there is no physical change to the manifold
that tasca had flowed by independent party, but does explain how the 338 run could send the tech guys running, especially to the pit area of the 341mph FC.
was so happy for tasca to run the big number again with the torrence manifold.

listen at the 50:25 mark ....... still doesn't explain how alan johnson can approach nhra and tell them there is no physical change to the manifold
that tasca had flowed by independent party, but does explain how the 338 run could send the tech guys running, especially to the pit area of the 341mph FC.
This was nothing more than a softball interview by a NHRA media guy. Just like in the Clay Millican case the Angie Smith case and other's NHRA put out a written statement and now all you'll hear from them and there mouth pieces are crickets.

not only that......tasca loses one single run for running a supposed illegal part (that was given back to him as stated).......clay drops a weight on the track in texas last fall and
LOSES ALL POINTS AND MONEY FROM ENTIRE RACE....... where do you draw the line. everyone runs ballast. it's not illegal. it just wasn't bolted properly. they were within the rules
to add ballast. ballast and altered engine part are two totally different animals ........ tasca has run DQ'd for ilegal modification of engine part. now if you are going to alter an engine part, wouldn't it be
for a performance gain? certainly not a performance loss ......... so this weekend nhra deemed an altered engine part ilegal and docked a single car team one qualifying round.
last fall nhra stripped a single car team of all points and money for having loose ballast fall onto track. a ruling that i believe cost that team a top 10 finish.
the point being a loss of ballast could have slid into the path of the other competitor so the penalty was stiffer. I think they over did it a little on that one.

the point being a loss of ballast could have slid into the path of the other competitor so the penalty was stiffer. I think they over did it a little on that one.
A small ballast bag, how about blower pulleys, funny car bodies, etc. I have dodged parts on a run many times plus 3 drunks running across the finish line at OCIR going over 240 mph in the Circuit Breaker top fuel car. I missed them by inches.
Larry Sutton---🤠

How much would anyone like to bet that Tech immediately took a look at all the Capco manifolds?

both 4wides had a .33 nielsen rating. i think that's a pretty good number? both were tape delayed evening FS1 broadcasts.

According to Tasca, NHRA has a problem with the colour of the team's manifolds, which changes during the cleaning process. Tasca says there are no dimensional changes to the manifolds; NHRA examined them in Gainesville and gave them back, but Tasca is alleging NHRA didn't say anything about their legality at that time.
Lohnes podcast addresses the issue. You can get it on NHRA.com. Interesting comments for sure

both 4wides had a .33 nielsen rating. i think that's a pretty good number? both were tape delayed evening FS1 broadcasts.

I'm pretty sure that even a "1" rating is pretty poor, but we would be happy with that if our races consistently drew a 1 rating. So a .33 is nothing at all to be excited about.

Our sport is a niche sport to be sure, but the TV numbers are still pretty dismal even for a niche sport. I remember when FOX took over the broadcast and there were many predictions on here that the ratings would really climb. Except for a few exceptions, I think this has been far from the case.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back