Where are they...... (1 Viewer)

swervin

Nitro Member
Ok...the place seems to be well behaved since the new changes here. Where are all the people that were possible going to be coming back..drivers etc?

Is it me or are the same few people doing the most of the posting?

I hardly see any posts by Mr Jannard(I know he has a business to run) or Jerrod.

no flames....just asking if anyone else see it this way as well.

Bob

In the words of Jeff Burke from DRO....Just Wondering too.

When Jerrod and Shannon brought out the new Nitromater, Jim Jannard and Jerrod were posting daily, and Don Schumacher was occassionally. Now it's more like once a month. Jim, I know you stated you were going to spread the word around to the teams to come back and check out Nitromater again. How was the response?

Anyhow, it was nice to see Jon Asher post today or recently, and there are some drive-bys from a few Pro's like Angelle, although most are avoiding us like the plague. I'm sure they're lurking, at least occassionally, and I can understand the hesitancy to post since it can be risky. Anyway, I have to agree with Bob Irvin that most of the posts are by the same people. Still, of all the message boards (not many) I frequent, Nitromater is still the most active.

Now Jerrod, if you are lurking/reading most messages, can you give us a YEAH or NAH on the request to change the default background color, but more importantly, the default grey text? We do have some aged people with eyes that don't do so well with this new format. You know who they are, and they would be most appreciative. I'm getting to that category so you can include me in the list that want to see this changed!

Now Jerrod, if you are lurking/reading most messages, can you give us a YEAH or NAH on the request to change the default background color, but more importantly, the default grey text? We do have some aged people with eyes that don't do so well with this new format. You know who they are, and they would be most appreciative. I'm getting to that category so you can include me in the list that want to see this changed!

I agree... even if they made it pure white.. it would be easier... maybe its a "MAJOR JOB" ? I have no idea.. but if its only a few clicks of the keyboard I'd think it would have been done by now ... ?

What, you guys don't want to talk to me? I am not good enough for you? How 'bout all of the other regular posters? :p

I have said it before and I will say it again. I liked the old 'mater, I like the new 'mater more and that's all that matters to me. If the pros come, cool, if not, this is still a good corner of the web to talk about drag racing, which is why we all should be here in the first place.

Last edited:
I was talking with a prominent 2 F/C team manager in Brainerd that reads NitroMater regularly but doesn't post...

I look at it the same way as the blogging. If they have one..some think it isn't updated enough..(shame on those drivers for even starting it.)

It is in the middle of racing season, eh. If some would like to post..cool. If not..that's fine as well.

The old Mater was better even with the bashing/flaming.There some good stories broke by people using aka's.I said it before and I'll say it again,I didn't care if the Pro's posted or not,they were not going to say anything but what they wanted you to hear.I see they came back in multitudes didn't they,I'm still waiting for that all important breaking news that will be here before it's anywhere else.:rolleyes:

We've been cordially invited to an ongoing INTERNET party by a very gracious host. We can choose to stay and enjoy the company or move on to the next best thing.
Is it appropriate to criticize the host for the quality of the party despite the open invitation? I think not.
I personally am grateful for the invitation and sincerely enjoy the place and I intend to stay.
If things are not as you hoped or the guest list not inclusive enough for your liking, may I suggest moving down the boards to the next best thing? It may be exactly what you are seeking but I won't show up where I've been invited and spend my efforts telling the host what's wrong with the party or it's guests.
I believe that to be quite inappropriate.

Doctor, well said & I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned you'll not find a better site for discussing drag racing anywhere................."HIP"

Indy is coming up. The season is entering the final leg. Many people in this world are not internet junkies. I would just comment that I am extremely pleased at the "extreme makeover" edition of Nitromater and very impressed by the work that has gone into it.

Patience is a virtue. The "real names" concept is something unfamiliar, in general, to virtual communities and I am looking forward to seeing how this concept evolves but it will take time, and unfortunately for those of us like me who like instant gratification, time takes time. :)

The old Mater was better even with the bashing/flaming.There some good stories broke by people using aka's.I said it before and I'll say it again,I didn't care if the Pro's posted or not,they were not going to say anything but what they wanted you to hear.I see they came back in multitudes didn't they,I'm still waiting for that all important breaking news that will be here before it's anywhere else.:rolleyes:

Mike, some of those stories/rumours/scoops ended up being nothing or untrue. I'm still waiting for the BIG announcement that Mav2700 (whoever he is/was) wasted everyone's bandwidth expressing how a new NitroJR class was gonna supplant TAD. How many months has it been now? I expressed it then, and I'll say it again, maybe we'll hear something by INDY. Well, INDY is a week away, and no announcement yet, but INDY is a place for lots of announcements so maybe he'll get his wish after all. It sounds like there will be quite a few BIG announcements at INDY, and maybe NHRA will throw his into the mix.

Anyway, I was getting tired of the flaming and bashing going on, and am glad that things are kinder and gentler on the new Nitromater. I haven't been there yet, and may never sign up for it, but the Deepstage message board setup a special unmoderated room called "The Burndown Lounge" just for people that wanted to spew, fight, bash or whatever, all to their hearts delight. Can't say what goes on in there, but if it is anything as worthless as Nitroland was right before Ginz pulled the plug on that message board, then I don't need it.

Hip, you and Doc are correct, this is still the best Drag Racing message forum I've found, and I'm proud to be a member of it. It is by invitation and subject to Jerrod and Shannon's rules, and the mods have the authority to enforce them. Works for me.

Doctor, well said & I agree completely. As far as I'm concerned you'll not find a better site for discussing drag racing anywhere................."HIP"

Agreed. Well said Bobby. Everyone is here by their own free will with the approval of the site's owners/managers. Post/read because you want to. I think more industry folks will be inclined to post AFTER the western swing/big go/announcement season/silly season is over. This is a time when most teams are signing contracts for the upcoming season(s).

I joined because this is THE drag racing forum. If one of the pros post some informative news or an explanation for something that happened to them or the team that's great. But I don't expect it.

I'm here for the news and to make some new friends.

Something that appears to be overlooked is why the changes were made. They were not made so that drivers would come back, however that was and is a hopeful positive side effect of the changes. They certainly were staying away under the old format.

Whats the old saying it take years to build a reputation but seconds to ruin it. Well the mater had grown to have a less than stellar reputation. I've talked to several drivers and they all know about us, many even admit to lurking, but they wouldn't bother posting. I think it will take time,. Drivers, owners and such want to make sure the changes are real before they jump in.

Also check the roster, there are several that are here. Its the busy season. TO be honest I don't expect much until the off season, then I would suspect that we'll see more peeking in.

Regardless of the pros involvement though, the changes were made to clean things up. I think its accomplished that.

Mike, some of those stories/rumours/scoops ended up being nothing or untrue..

Yeah I know but there were some true one's too.I remember a post about Scott Geoffrion being out @ Nickens a WEEK before it was made public.Another was the theft of the testing book from WJ,that one was posted within an hour of the theft.Look,if everybody likes the new and so called improved Mater,fine,I'll post till they ban me.If anybody is waiting for the "Pro's" to tell all here before it's made public,don't hold your breath.

Remember this:

The Golden Rule

"The ones with the gold make the rules"

That's what happened,pure and simple.

Bobby..

I believe your reading betweens lines I didnt post if your response was to me. I simply asked a question without being rude. And as far as I can tell it seemed to be a nice discussion without anyone doing name calling etc. I saw nothing inappropraite in my observation or question.

Bob

the new mater

It sux having to use your REAL NAME.

When I post unfounded gossip or libelous conjecture I'd prefer that angry readers have no way what so ever to hunt me down where I live!

They took this message board and turned it into............GOLF!

-85% Jimmy

Bobby..

I believe your reading betweens lines I didnt post if your response was to me. I simply asked a question without being rude. And as far as I can tell it seemed to be a nice discussion without anyone doing name calling etc. I saw nothing inappropriate in my observation or question.

Bob
Bob,
I was most definitely not speaking to you -- or to any other individuals in my post. It was a global observation about whose place we are frequenting as guests. I think there is a time and place for criticism and it's almost always best done in private. I too, would prefer to see more professional drivers, sponsors, owners posting here but won't fault Jerrod or his new format for their absence.

I'll continue to post responsibly in hopes that their comfort level will continue rising to the point where they will openly feel both free and safe to shoot the breeze with us all.

I would remind everybody that TJ recently mentioned the site by name in his blog. What other site can say that? :cool: The mater is alive and well. Doing much better than it ever did in the past. My two cents...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back