What is a good race track to attend an NHRA event? (1 Viewer)

RT 66 Chicago no question. It's one of the quickest tracks. AND Great viewing the wrap around bleachers don't cost extra, other tracks call those same
seats TOP ELIMINATOR and soak ya $300.

Agreed, especially about the seating, plus it's about a 1/2 hour from my house. Also, Indy (went to the U.S. Nationals last year) and E-Town (I grew up in NJ and it's the track that got me hooked on this stuff in the first place).

BRISTOL! Hands down, why? The seats are close to the track because they are sandwiched between 2 mountains and the seats are angled away from the track as they go down the track so it is easier to see. If you go do it right and get your tickets for the "Thunder Valley Club".

Norwalk, mostly because it's the closest track to me. The only downer is parking in a field. If it rains, it can get a bit sloppy. The facility itself is awesome. The seating and concessions are spectacular. As far as racing, the shut down area is a bit short. Also, there's a corn field past the sand trap, as Angie Smith found out one year. Other than that, Bader has a great venue and really knows how to treat the fans.

Have to say Vegas. Don't like to race there but love to hang out with my buds in "The Pit" and Vegas-2 is the best... plus Halloween in Vegas is pretty epic.

It seems like Bristol is highly recommended by a few people. Since this is not too far to drive, I think we may try it. Thanks everyone for the great responses.

Bristol has the best Friday evening / night fuel qualifying session. The normal header flames and the noise....with the noise bouncing off the mountains towards the end of the track and the left side of the track.

Vegas, hands down.

I grew up at Pomona and Famoso as a kid. Went to LVMS when I lived there for 5 years and go to RPR now that I live
outside of Houston. I mention this only because I still go to LVMS every Oct for the fall race even after leaving Vegas in 2009.

The weather is perfect, car counts are always high, racing is good with Pomona II following the event and you see some interesting things during Halloween weekend!

Indy because it's Indy. Norwalk as they treat everyone so well. Bristol is a great place too.
Chicago is good. Vegas is on my must get to list as I've heard nothing but good about it.

Let's be honest, if you are at a race, it's better than anywhere else :)

scenery or nearby attractions would sell me.....in no particular order: pomona, bristol, new hampshire, seattle, sonoma, denver,
englishtown and vegas.
i won't say anything about brainerd but will never miss it. go there and camp with wheels to get around;
there is nothing else like it; if you drive in for the day only, would have to say it's nothing special.....sportsman pits are cool though.

Pomona is where my heart is. If you do visit Pomona, you should also visit Yorba Linda, CA. I think there is something there you might like!

I don't know about Yorba Linda if you go to Pomona because it's kinda one sided but there a couple of museums you should not miss. Peterson and NHRA are well worth the time and expense. Yorba Linda (JFR headquaters) is ok and if you have time it's very interesting but there is so much more worth seeing.

I agree that the NHRA Museum is a must see and each time there's something different. Haven't been to JFR in Yorba Linda for nearly 20 years so would like to see it again but I don't think we'll bother going back to Petersen Auto Museum. Last visit (Fall 2013 after CHRR) there were some interesting displays but there just wasn't any energy in the place.

I agree that the NHRA Museum is a must see and each time there's something different. Haven't been to JFR in Yorba Linda for nearly 20 years so would like to see it again but I don't think we'll bother going back to Petersen Auto Museum. Last visit (Fall 2013 after CHRR) there were some interesting displays but there just wasn't any energy in the place.

The Petersen Auto Museum is closed for refurbishment until December.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back