What is a good race track to attend an NHRA event? (1 Viewer)

force fan

Nitro Member
Since 2007, the Gatornationals just has not been the same for me. My favorite driver seems to hate the place (understandably) which really sucks!! He (Force, just in case you didn't know who I was referring to) does not seem to be as fan friendly as he was before 2007 and starts to pack it up as soon as all the cars are eliminated. Even when Robert won last year, all the other Force teams were packed up and ready to go. I am thinking about going to another race (been to Z-Max) and wanted to get some suggestions from my fellow maters :) What is your favorite track?

In recent years my favorites have been: Woodburn, Famoso, Seattle, and Las Vegas, in that order.

I'd have to go Pomona first, Vegas second. Bristol was great the one time we went. Same with Indy. IRP is a dump but it's the U.S. Nationals. Have to go once. We're doing Denver this summer instead of Seattle.

And you're right about Force......

RT 66 Chicago no question. It's one of the quickest tracks. AND Great viewing the wrap around bleachers don't cost extra, other tracks call those same
seats TOP ELIMINATOR and soak ya $300. Followed closely by Zmax - Bristol - Norwalk

Since 2007, the Gatornationals just has not been the same for me. My favorite driver seems to hate the place (understandably) which really sucks!! He (Force, just in case you didn't know who I was referring to) does not seem to be as fan friendly as he was before 2007 and starts to pack it up as soon as all the cars are eliminated. Even when Robert won last year, all the other Force teams were packed up and ready to go. I am thinking about going to another race (been to Z-Max) and wanted to get some suggestions from my fellow maters :) What is your favorite track?
he's that way at every track .. :p .. road trips are cool . :) my vote - bristol
The last time I saw what FREMONT had become I just wanted to cry........so sad !!!
Back in the day when Fremont was open I was there....... :)
you really want to cry - nothing has been done since they shut it down ..
google it and fly over - 44333 Christy St. Fremont , CA

*a frog , ... with a yellow toe , ... o_O was found living on the property after the bleachers came down and they had ripped the track up which put a halt for anything to ever be built there .
true story btw -

- take a look - https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...2!3m1!1s0x808fc7122fc816eb:0x350d28df5a4fa3ad

sacred ground saved by a multi-color bug ..

Last edited:
I'd have to go Pomona first, Vegas second. Bristol was great the one time we went. Same with Indy. IRP is a dump but it's the U.S. Nationals. Have to go once. We're doing Denver this summer instead of Seattle.

And you're right about Force......
Yeah, Force just isn't the same. This year at the Gatornationals we were standing outside the hospitality area of DSR listening to the drivers. The guy who was introducing them invited everyone into the hospitality area. That was so cool!!!! By the end of the day I bought a Capps and Beckman shirt and a Capps diecast. This goes to show how an act of kindness can change the way a person perceives a situation. I didn't buy any Force merchandise which is not common for me. I usually get at least a t shirt. Don't get me wrong I still like Force but he just isn't as fan friendly as he used to be. I know Don Schumacher reads posts on here and if he happens to see this I want to say thank you for making the fans feel appreciated.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back