What I like about drag racing (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
The people are nice, even if they disagree
The technology is cool
The drivers and crews are accessible
You don't often (ever?) hear of drivers getting busted for felonies and misdemeanors
Its family oriented.
There is true sportsmanship. I don't recall too many incidents of trash talking.
There is intense competition.
Everyone helps one another, especially during a thrash.

So why do you like drag racing?

"You don't often (ever?) hear of drivers getting busted for felonies and misdemeanors... I don't recall too many incidents of trash talking."

Not even goin' to touch your 4th line... as far a 'Trash Talking'... I miss the full page 'ADs' in Drag News... a lot of the early 'stars' were made on what is now called 'trash talk'...

I Love and Hate 'This Thing of Ours' equally and for all the same reasons. She's a home wrecker, a tease, flashes ya just enough so you keep chasing after her. You're proud her, she makes you feel like the king of the world, you tell everyone you know how happy she makes you. Heck, you can break up with her, not even think about her for years, then suddenly there she is on your doorstep again... She my Joy and Happiness

I Hate Her
I Love Her...

and damn it... I'm empty without Her.

d'kid

8 of the best friends (you guys...and gal...know who you are) I have made came about as a result of my interest in drag racing and my visiting this here message board. And, I like how everyone at the track is sorta like a big family and the willingness by crewmembers to BS with you in the pits.

Last edited:
I liked everything Tom and Paul said above for 30 years. Then we started racing ourselves, and it took it to a whole new level. And everything you guys say is even more so. More loud, more intense, more cool, more fun.

But mostly it's the people. Some of the deadliest racers are the nicest people in the world. We were struggling like heck with a carburetor issue, for months, and the best racer around (and a good friend) came by at the Seattle national event and helped me find the issue. Wouldn't you know it, we pulled up next to him in round one and beat him. He was gracious and is still the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

And the few jerks there are make me believe even more in karma. Nothing like having some clown put up a hissy fit over lane choice or monkey around in the beams only to lose on a holeshot. Can make your whole day.

I have a million friends who can't understand a sport that lasts just a few seconds at time. But they don't understand that it's as much about the journey as it is about the destination. A lot like life.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back