What a race! (2 Viewers)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I thought the coverage was great this weekend, and the finals did not disappoint. They certainly packed the place with fans as well. I have yet to go to Denver, but I need to get there for this event.

Great race. I know everyone is waiting to see the pros and cons about the changes that are coming and more that might come later BUT I think we have a pretty great sport at present. Exciting competition in all categories and a well managed race on sunday.

I loved the staging battle...and man I forgot how much I love ole' Larry Morgan. It was good to see some fire after the race with AJ....spittin', cussin', kicking, water bottle throwing....that intensity is what NHRA needs to have come back. Not this Corporate mandated panzy ass crap we see after races now.

"They are all good people over there in that camp...we're all just tryin' to win and today the driver of (Insert 500 of random companies here plus an automotive car maker) didn't get it done"

Horeshyt! We need the "I'm gonna slash that guys trailer tires and run over his dog, then run it over again, then light it on fire and run it over again if he ever hangs me out like that again " days. :D

Great seeing Torrence in the winners circle again! Jack and Jimmy taking out the blue car in the final....awesome!

I was able to go! At the last minute my wife got me tickets as a birthday present. Having been to a ton of lower tier races over the years, I was really excited to see the "big boys" race. I was not disappointed! Although it was hot (90) and the air was not great (8900 ft), the racing was great! We were sitting right at the start line on the east side, and had great seats for the staging duel...loved it!

I've been to a ton of races over my lifetime and this one ranked up near the top. Friday was unbelievable and while the times weren't as quick on Sunday, it was a two lane racetrack and it was side by side racing. Denver gets beat up a lot because the times aren't as quick as sea level but it is still great racing. For the first time all year the stands were packed for all three days at an NHRA event. Even after the rain delays on Friday the stands were still packed on the final pair at 11pm.

I thought the coverage was great this weekend, and the finals did not disappoint. They certainly packed the place with fans as well. I have yet to go to Denver, but I need to get there for this event.
I was thinking the same thing watching it last night. What an awesome looking track, I need to get out there one of these years. The Pro Stock final was final was amazing, I'm sure that AJ was kicking his self for letting Larry get inside his head. Those two guys are becoming the class of the field right now. Top Fuel final was amazing too, it looked like he beat him by maybe an inch. Torrence had some good interviews too.

The Bandimere family has done a great job in building a first class track and putting on a great race. Hats off to them. A lot of track owners and operators could learn a lot from them.

drc shows 1st rnd of TF going off @ 13:47pm and TF final @ 18:36pm.....did the race start late?

agreed, the espn show was noticeably really good last nite.....a perfect example of great racing
without record speeds and et's......good stories too.

In both TF and PS I thought for sure it was Shoe and Johnson, such CLOSE races. I was really happy with the outcomes. The burndown deal in PS is something that can be really cool if not overdone, and done at the right time. Last night's final was definitely the right time, it was awesome.

Conspiracy theory: NHRA spoke to the Pro Stock finalists and "suggested" they do a burndown to get folks interested in Pro Stock again. ;)

Larry said in the interview after the race that AJ "had been slow to stage before" when they raced ... So Larry just made up his mind he wasn't going in first. Then to slap an .014 on AJ after the burndown is just unreal. It was awesome to watch. On the other hand, you seen AJ's forearms? Not sure I want to risk pissing him off.

PS I hope AJ doesn't get a littering ticket LOL.

There should be a staging burndown at every Pro Stock final until the end of the year ....just a neat send off for the current rules cars

I've been to a ton of races over my lifetime and this one ranked up near the top. Friday was unbelievable and while the times weren't as quick on Sunday, it was a two lane racetrack and it was side by side racing. Denver gets beat up a lot because the times aren't as quick as sea level but it is still great racing. For the first time all year the stands were packed for all three days at an NHRA event. Even after the rain delays on Friday the stands were still packed on the final pair at 11pm.
Were you the guy that won the lottery race? ...or were there two Chris Davis's at Bandimere?

Larry said in the interview after the race that AJ "had been slow to stage before" when they raced ... So Larry just made up his mind he wasn't going in first. Then to slap an .014 on AJ after the burndown is just unreal. It was awesome to watch. On the other hand, you seen AJ's forearms? Not sure I want to risk pissing him off.

PS I hope AJ doesn't get a littering ticket LOL.

If he's pissed, too bad. it takes two to have a burndown.

I LOVE the year Larry is having!! Awesome! He's very quick to thank Gray Engines and staff for putting him up front.

Diane Morgan's words after the final were great!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back