Chrr (1 Viewer)

Tom

Nitro Member
Anyone at the reunion? The folks there did a great parking folks the first two days, however, not a good job of getting the cars in the lanes. I was pulling a TF to the lanes during the first round and it took 30 minutes to get in the lanes. We were an hour late then it started raining. Mr. Big was all over one of the facility folks concerning the LA traffic jam to the lanes. The jamb continued through the weekend. I recommend that you get to the track no later than Thursday next year to get a decent pit. That place was packed all the way to the scales. The stands were packed. This was the best reunion since I started in 99.

Tom, I got there thursday am and you are right, wednesday for the march meet for sure. This was my 13th reunion and every year you just wonder how much bigger can it get and it just gets bigger.

We got there Thursday at noo ,the place was already packed.All in all they did a wonderful job pulling it off smothly.

Kevin, this was my 13th reunion and every year it just gets bigger. Cant wait for the March Meet. Get there on monday(LOL)

Mike, I had dropped off our vendor trailer on Monday morning @ 7:00 am, there were already 35-40 motorhomes in line for the spectator side. A great job by Kat Lotz and the entire staff.

KS
www.hotrodsbystith.com

We were pitted across from Capp’s car. It was great to see him in person walking around the pit area on Sunday. It was nice having the Motor home parked at the end of pit row instead of walking for miles. I could not believe the number of Cackle cars. Got a chance to spend some time talking to Tom Hanna. He is very personable and open to anything in racing. He stated that they are going to target spring for the completion of the Streamliner. I haven't seen any photos of the car, but I imagine that it will be beautiful as well as functional.

This was my first CHRR. I was shocked at not only the amount of spectators, but also the amount & quality of race cars that were there. Can't wait for the March Meet.

KS
www.hotrodsbystith.com

Certainly not bragging but I've been lucky enough to attend all 16 of the Reunions so far and I continue to be astounded by the high spectator turnout and the number of race cars that attend that event. NHRA does try and limit the number of race cars since in their eyes this is NOT supposed to be a race but a get together of a bunch of old friends. The whole thing started with Steve Gibbs commenting that the only time he saw his old friends anymore was at funerals! The Reunion was to be a one shot deal that struck just the right chord and as they say, the rest is history!

COME ON MARCH! I'M READY FOR THE 50TH MARCH MEET! BE THERE!!!!

I, like so many that attend, come for the cackelfest. The last couple of years they have run first round of newstalgia top fuel and some bracket dragster class before the cackelfest. I have no interest in either, and have had to wait until late in the evening for cackelfest.

So this year, I wanted to go because of the funnycars, but decided at the last minute not to go. Went to the Doubletree on Friday night. That is not as cool as it used to be.

In the beginning, guys had fuel cars in the parking lot and they were lighting them off all evening. Apparently Gibbs thought that this was distracting from their reception, which most in attendance are not interested in, so it got "organized" .

Now they have about five cars, all roped off, and they wait until after the reception, then light them all off at once, and the whole thing is over in five minutes.

Simply can't understand why the powers that be have to constantly screw up a good thing.

What time did cackelfest actually happen?

Jay

Jay

Actually it was pretty early this year. They wound up postponing the first round of Top Fuel until Sunday morning and saved an hour and a half to two hours. We were packed and out buy around 8:00 to 8:30? Something like that.

Actually it was pretty early this year. They wound up postponing the first round of Top Fuel until Sunday morning and saved an hour and a half to two hours. We were packed and out buy around 8:00 to 8:30? Something like that.

I knew it.:mad: Man it I had gone, cackelfest wouldn't have started until 11 PM.:(

Jay

CHRR was amazing this year. I couldn't believe how many cars were there when I arrived Thursday afternoon. It was far bigger, in all aspects, than ever before. I know that Steve Gibbs and the entire staff and crew did the best they could with all the situations, including the rain on Friday afternoon. They called the event, because waiting and running after it stopped would have made them and everyone else late for the Double Tree event, which started at 7pm. Made perfect sense to me...but what do I know!!! LOL

The paved pits were a wonderful addition, now if they can just do something about the bathrooms before next year......

Yeah, they pulled the plug on Friday way too early, and a race official friend of mine confirmed that he felt they reacted too quickly.

Saturday had a fairly lengthy delay because one of the two ambulances had to take a heart attack victim to the hospital. An event this large gets delayed for well over an hour because of this? Maybe 3 or 4 on site would be a good idea in the future?

We pushed off for the parade part of the Cacklefest at around 7 pm and then sat down at the scoreboards for another 1/2 hour or so. I think I heard that there were 80+ cars in the Cacklefest this year. After it was all said and done, I had the pushboard removed from my wagon and on the road home by 10 pm.

I go to the CHRR every few years, and I thought the spectator head count was down this time. I keep hearing it was the largest ever, but it didn't look that way to me. I'm sure alot stayed home Saturday after the truck fire at the 5 / 14 interchange too.

I, like so many that attend, come for the cackelfest. The last couple of years they have run first round of newstalgia top fuel and some bracket dragster class before the cackelfest. I have no interest in either, and have had to wait until late in the evening for cackelfest.

So this year, I wanted to go because of the funnycars, but decided at the last minute not to go. Went to the Doubletree on Friday night. That is not as cool as it used to be.

In the beginning, guys had fuel cars in the parking lot and they were lighting them off all evening. Apparently Gibbs thought that this was distracting from their reception, which most in attendance are not interested in, so it got "organized" .

Now they have about five cars, all roped off, and they wait until after the reception, then light them all off at once, and the whole thing is over in five minutes.

Simply can't understand why the powers that be have to constantly screw up a good thing.

Jay

Jay, 1st round of T/F is always run on saturday but changed because of the rain and so the cackle fest was done at about 8.30. See, next time you should stay and hang out with us.

Bill, the race was called at the time it was because it would have taken 2 hours to dry the track and then stck fuel cars on it? NAW.

The Double Tree wanted to have some type of control over the chaos in the parking lot but I have to admit the old way was pretty cool.

"newstalgia top fuel"... I love it!!

I was in the tower when Gibbs had to make the tough decision to pull the plug early.

The radar on the internet showed a massive storm cell from south of Fresno right on down to near the track with very heavy rain. Unfortunately for us, the front went East along the Sierra's and missed the track. :(

The Double Tree wanted to have some type of control over the chaos in the parking lot but I have to admit the old way was pretty cool.

If that's the case then I apologize to Gibbs and crew. I thought they didn't want it happening while the meeting was going on. I imagine in years past, people stampeded for the exits when the first fueler lit off.

If Doubletree thinks that is Chaos, someone ought to show them how it used to be. Maybe a former top fuel driver riding a motorcycle thru the lobby.:D

Jay

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back