Bakersfield CHRR! (1 Viewer)

merc49

Nitro Member
Ok, it'll be my first time out there. Who is going? Where and when are the Mater Meetings? Who will be at the Doubletree Friday night? (I will!) How about a meeting there? Oh, and how is traffic from LAX to Bakersfield around noon LA time, on Friday? Hope I don't get lost! Hell, I'm too damned old to get this nervous!

Ok, it'll be my first time out there. Who is going? Where and when are the Mater Meetings? Who will be at the Doubletree Friday night? (I will!) How about a meeting there? Oh, and how is traffic from LAX to Bakersfield around noon LA time, on Friday? Hope I don't get lost! Hell, I'm too damned old to get this nervous!

Ok...just breathe deep and often Bob. This is my 15th out of a possible 15 and I've survived...so far. Leaving at noon should get you the best possible traffic. If there are no more fire you should be good. Ever been to The Patch before? Getting there is fairly easy by these two routes. Take 99 North to Woody Famoso Road and go right towards the track...a few miles. Or, take the Porterville turnoff to Woody Famoso and turn Left.

I'll be in the tower all weekend covering the event for www.dragracecentral.com. Stop by and say hey!

Darryl

Bob, this will be my 12th one and you will have great time. Be sure and come up in the tower and intro yourself to Darryl and I.

And don't forget there will be 2 screenings of Fast Lane Summer Sat night as well...
Mike, Darr you guys coming to check it out??

Jerry

Ok, it'll be my first time out there. Who is going?Who will be at the Doubletree Friday night? (I will!) How about a meeting there?

Welcome to Famoso, Bob...
This will be my 14th Reunion (heard about it after the 1st one happened!)
I'll be doing exhibition runs with the Rocket Muffler '55 wagon...
I'll be at the Doubletree Fri. nite...
Drop on by the pits & say hello!

Thanks guys! But alas, we fly to Honolulu on Sunday! I'm lucky to get to Bakersfield at all, but I'll take it! I had to throw Hawaii in for the you-know-who!

Will be thinking of you all. :( Have a great time Bob and take pictures. You guys in the tower, be sure not to tease Bob ;) :D to much. Enjoy Hawaii if you must.:p

Planning on being there also. Not sure what day.
Is it true the NF/C's will be doing a Chicago style show on Sunday?

Jerry, I like to but by the time the cacklefest gets done on saturday night its past my bedtime. How much are the dvd's going to be selling for at the reunion?

Mike,
I believe they are $24.95 with a portion of the proceeds going directly to the museum.
The DVD will be available at the NHRA booth as well as the Full Throttle News Booth.
We also have the limited edition Tee shirt with the movie poster on the back, those will be at my trailer, Eddie Camp Racing 713 A/FUEL (NOT T/F)...

Jerry

JJ,

Good to see you are hanging in there! I will not be able to make it to the reunion. Kick some ass bubba! Carl is also stuck at home working on cars.

Jerry,

I hope you have a great time at CHRR. I couldn't this trip. I hear that there were some real issues with tire chunking. I had heard that the tires were not just chunking in the middle, but, also on the outter areas. Is that correct??

Tom

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back