Indy Mater Meetings (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Indy Mater Meetings

It is that time of year. Sure there will be fast cars and of course it’s the Big Go, so history will be made, but there will also be mater meetings.

Come meet the likes of Mr. Indy, John Rogers (just bring ketchup) or Zappy, Paul Sapienza, just to tell him how crazy some of his ideas are.

Meet the man, the myth, the legend…Joe Sherwood

Come meet the modern day Martin and Lewis, or for the younger generation Harold and Kumar( ok now that I think of it, there really aren’t any good modern day comic duos are there)……Greg Rice and Mark Krogen

Occasional celebs stop by and maybe even a clown or two and there will be fireworks and candy corn for all.

*legal disclaimer: there will be no fireworks or candy corn and unless a certain NHRA official walks by, no clowns. Attendance of any of the above mentioned people is not guaranteed*

Mater meetings are a great chance to put some faces to the names you see on the boards. I have developed some great friendships with people I first met at a mater meeting. So stop on by. Heck I even met the only two people that like the countdown and we got along just fine. Just walk up to whatever group happens to be standing there, hopefully it is us. We meet in front of the Nitro Mall on the Nitro Pit side of the track. We try to aim for decent times to get most people based on the schedule. Come to one of them or come to all of them.

Friday 5pm should be after akly runs
Sat 3:30 (during the traxxas intros)
Sun 12 (during traxxas intros)
Mon 10 (before eliminations start)

Hope to see you there.

I do not appreciate being referred to as a clown. LOL

We have the same campsite we always do across the street, come by and say hi and have a beer.

Since most of the meetings are in the PM, I actually like my chances to make one or two of them!

Sounds good to me. Hope to see you guys there. I should get to town in time for the Friday night session.

I will be there late Friday afternoon till the last pair of cars go down the track on Monday.. Just look for a guy in a hat and wearing a DRAW Dress Shirt with my name on it....:eek::cool::D

With all the doom and gloom news of the last couple weeks, and the end of drag racing inevitable....screw it all! The Big Go is a week away! Come on in boys, the water's fine!

PJ - Besides myself, who likes the COUNTDOWN?

Drunk clowns are funny... especially when they knock over a bbq pit. :D

PJ - Besides myself, who likes the COUNTDOWN?

Drunk clowns are funny... especially when they knock over a bbq pit. :D

Paul does and despite that he wasn't too bad of a guy lol

And be honest you hate it as much as I do

Paul does and despite that he wasn't too bad of a guy lol

Ha ha, we haven't had a friendly debate about that lately. I thought you finally warmed up to the Countdown :D.

Sucks this will be the 3rd year in a row of missing Indy after going for 6 straight years. Have fun!!

Here's the only photo I have from one of last year's meetings. It's a great chance to see old friends, meet the people behind the names, and laugh a whole bunch!

IMG_7865_zpsaa59c311.jpg

Here's the only photo I have from one of last year's meetings. It's a great chance to see old friends, meet the people behind the names, and laugh a whole bunch!

IMG_7865_zpsaa59c311.jpg

I suppose we should label who people are, that way people know who to avoid......I mean say hi too :)

From left to right
John Rogers, Rich Atchley, Me, my daughter, Stephanie, Mark Krogen and Matt Krogen

That's quite a line up you booked there PJ, say are we getting show-up money??

What do you mean crazy??? "crazy generous" !!! :p

I highly recommend the Mater Meetings folks, I have met a lot of MATERS over the years, both foreign and domestic. Some have became very good friends.

Where's the MATER DINNER??? that's what I want to know.

Quick question for anyone who's been to Indy in the past. What side of the track are the pro pits on, East or West?

and west too. The bikes are on the west side and they are pros :), Pro mod should be pro's and they are there too, super classes and whatever car show they have this year and on the west as well.

Nito, pro stock cars, alky and comp are on the east.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back